“Worst movie venue in Austin” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek
13729 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78750 (Northwest Austin)
512-219-5408
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,037 of 3,160 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Austin, Texas
“Worst movie venue in Austin”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place was a disappointment 3 times in a row. I gave them more than a fair chance to redeem themselves but it never happened. The food is good, the price is high, the service lousy and the management only wants to offer excuses and free food (no thanks) when they are asked to correct an issue. Not going back here either.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Best movie venue in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I frequent the Alamo Drafthouse at Lake Creek each time I visit Austin. This trip I've visited twice. I have visited other movie theaters in the surrounding area, and always come back to the Alamo. It is clean, the service is great, and the food and beer/wine selection is good. I have never been disappointed in any of the appetizers, sandwiches or pizzas that I've ordered. The draft beer selection is great, and the wine selection was better than expected. I've attended special events here in the past (to view selected football games, and off-beat movies) and I can honestly say I've never had a complaint. I would recommend this location to any family member or business associate.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Keller, Texas
“Dinner & a Movie -- YEA!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Some of the best food I've had at one of these venues. Great pizza and spinach/artichoke dip.

Visited April 2012
Austin, Texas
“Movie and Munchies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I frequent the Alamo draft houses in Austin. This one is probably my favorite. It is always clean, and the service is great. We saw American Reunion, which was hilarious, but that's besides the point. Our waiter was very prompt, and informed us of their new menu options. The food here is good. It's bar food, so don't expect fine dining. However, for bar food, it is great! I will always keep coming back to this place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fun outting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a fun place to go for food and a movie. We have been going here for years, have never been disappointed in the food, service or movies! I strongly suggest getting a pizza. Eating anything else in the dark is a challenge. The pizza is very good. On another note, since this movie theater serves alcohol, anyone under 18 has to be with an adult. We found this out when we were going to leave our daughter who is 15 and a friend for a movie. So...my husband and I got to see Dr. Suess's The Lorax, oh well.

• Visited March 2012