“Tired of the usual food? Try Cuban ...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #516 of 3,158 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Where Austin meets the Islands. Delicious Cuban & Caribbean food & drinks!
Austin
“Tired of the usual food? Try Cuban ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Habana is my favorite place to take my out-of-town / out-of-country visitors. Taking non-Texans for steaks, barbecue or mexican gets "old" after a while. This Cuban food restaurant though offers a wide and delicious selection for those food-open-minded. A great opportunity to try fried platain bananas, yucca or similar 'exotics' (even if just as a side-dish or appertizer). My favorite main dish is "ropa vieja", which I would describe as "pulled beef of mouth-watering flavors". The portions are humongous, I always leave with a "doggie bag" of lunch for the next day. Sitting outside on a small patio is very pleasent. The place can get sometime a bit busy/noisy, but ultimatelly it is a place I like returning to.

• Visited April 2014

Tyler, Texas
“Fresh cocktails, fresh food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

It wasn't a busy day, but it seemed our cocktails took a little longer than it should've. The drinks were the best cocktails I've had. Coconut mojitos! My sandwich bread was made from plantains. A healthier, & delightful option. A cool patio area, like you're chilling in a cabana. You literally can chill in a cabana. I will definitely be back. Yay to great Cuban everything. Not expensive either.

• Visited April 2014
MN
“Loved my meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had a shrimp creole that was yummy. And the mojitos were pretty darn good as well (mine was coconut).

Visited January 2014
Camden, Arkansas
“Most delicious Cuban sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The cuban sandwich blew me away! It was fantastic! It could easily move into the slot of "best sandwich I ever ate" and I love sandwiches (think Joey from Friends kind of love). The bread is really great and the pork, ham, swiss, pickle, mustard combo is just exquisite. It would be a weekly habit if I lived in Austin. Unfortunately, I had to return to my crap town with no variety. My hubby had the pork platter with rice, yucca and beans--all yummy! And we had a tamale for an appetizer (just one huge tamale) and it came with a delicious sauce. It was very very good. I had a mojito on the happy hour $5 special. It was ok. I have never had a true mojito so it was probably perfect. I wished it was sweeter. It was super minty. I'm not much of a drinker in all fairness. The waiter was awesome! Overall, the experience was phenomenal!

• Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Sooo so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This neat little restaurant had very friendly servers and a cool ambiance that gave us that welcoming feeling. I had their signature sandwich and added avocado. It was to die for! My bf had the special with the slow cooked pork, white rice, black beans, and I think plantain. I had a sample of his and oh my gosh the pork just melted in my mouth. The drinks were also very good. We used the groupon which made the date even better. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2013