“Typical non-american owned” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   716 E Tyler St, Athens, TX 75751 (Formerly Spanish Trace Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Athens
Strawn, Texas
“Typical non-american owned”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

It was clean and comfortable, good for a nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
abviathenstx, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn during your recent visit to our area.

I’m glad that you found our establishment to be a good choice for your visit and that you had a good night’s sleep.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be very pleased.

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
louisville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

I guess the best thing i could say about this hotel, was the clerk at the front desk was very nice. Upon arriving at the room ,sitting at my door was a couple bags of garbage and overflowing trash that for some reason never made it to a dumpster. I also noticed the room next to mines door had a padlock on it. Those 2 things were definitely bad signs upon top of my daughter screaming because she told me she say a rodent run along side of our door while i was attempting to unlock it. This was enough for me. I immediately went back to the front desk ,explained the condition of their facility was less than what i was accustomed to and left. Im glad id only booked one night here and the remainders at the hampton. I booked this thru sky auction. Id advised no one else to do the same. What a waste of my time and money

• Liked — upon entering lobby seemed to be friendly and clean
  • Disliked — needs to be updated and staff needs to be sure housekeeping and groundskeeper complete their jobs before leaving for the day
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn for your recent stay while visiting in our area. I’m sorry that it didn’t work out.

I’m glad that you found the clerk at the front desk to be friendly and nice. This is what is expected of our employees, but always nice to hear.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of rodents and see to it that they are exterminated.

• The maintenance staff received additional training in seeing to it that garbage etc is removed promptly.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2004

I stayed at the Spanish Trace Inn October 1-3, 2004 for First Monday Trade Days. One of the reasons I chose the Inn was based on another review that mentioned the "great restaurant", however, because they lost their chef, the restaurant was closed for business. The room was a little old and worn, however it was clean and the pillows were nice, unlike the flat, lifeless ones you usually get. On the first night the air conditioning system knocked and ticked all night. I reported it the next morning and by the time I returned to the room that evening, a completely new unit had been installed. If you're towing a trailer or boat, you're going to have a problem parking. This hotel has a bar and club that fills up on Friday and Saturday night. I had to park my U-Haul illegally until 1 am. Once the bar closed, parking space became available, but I didn't appreciate having to get up at 1 am to move it to a safe place. There was also a billling problem that came up a few weeks after my stay. When I called the hotel, they took my phone number and promised a call back. Within minutes they had researched and found the problem and issued a credit to my card. I would recommend this hotel for Canton weekend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn for your recent stay in our area.

I am sorry that your looked for visit to our restaurant didn’t work out. We do take great pride in the quality of our restaurant and hope that you get to experience it at some time in the future.

I am sorry that you experienced a billing problem but so glad to know that it was settled so quickly for you.

Upon receipt of your review the following step was taken:

• Management and security were consulted about finding a way to see to it that all guests are given proper parking places where their vehicles are safe and the guests are not required to get up in the middle of the night to move them.

I hope that the next time you are visiting in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be very pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!