“Trade Days weekend” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   716 E Tyler St, Athens, TX 75751 (Formerly Spanish Trace Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Athens
A TripAdvisor Member
“Trade Days weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2004

I stayed at the Spanish Trace Inn October 1-3, 2004 for First Monday Trade Days. One of the reasons I chose the Inn was based on another review that mentioned the "great restaurant", however, because they lost their chef, the restaurant was closed for business. The room was a little old and worn, however it was clean and the pillows were nice, unlike the flat, lifeless ones you usually get. On the first night the air conditioning system knocked and ticked all night. I reported it the next morning and by the time I returned to the room that evening, a completely new unit had been installed. If you're towing a trailer or boat, you're going to have a problem parking. This hotel has a bar and club that fills up on Friday and Saturday night. I had to park my U-Haul illegally until 1 am. Once the bar closed, parking space became available, but I didn't appreciate having to get up at 1 am to move it to a safe place. There was also a billling problem that came up a few weeks after my stay. When I called the hotel, they took my phone number and promised a call back. Within minutes they had researched and found the problem and issued a credit to my card. I would recommend this hotel for Canton weekend.

abviathenstx, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn for your recent stay in our area.

I am sorry that your looked for visit to our restaurant didn’t work out. We do take great pride in the quality of our restaurant and hope that you get to experience it at some time in the future.

I am sorry that you experienced a billing problem but so glad to know that it was settled so quickly for you.

Upon receipt of your review the following step was taken:

• Management and security were consulted about finding a way to see to it that all guests are given proper parking places where their vehicles are safe and the guests are not required to get up in the middle of the night to move them.

I hope that the next time you are visiting in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be very pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!