“Well you get what you pay for...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Hotel

Save Saved
You added Admiral Hotel to your Saves list
Admiral Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1507 N Watson Road, Hwy 360 and Brown Blvd., Arlington, TX 76006   |
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
“Well you get what you pay for...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

1. I never actually saw that the hotel was particularly dirty but it had a grimy feel.
2. There was a We stayed at this hotel because we had a competition in Arlington. One of the parents blocked off a set of 30 rooms. I had to have 2 rooms because we have 4 children. I specifically told them when making a reservation I would have to have 2 rooms that joined because of the age of my children. When I got to the hotel I waited in line for 35 minutes. They had 3 ladies working behind the desk but they all seemed in different stages of not caring that they had a huge line and were taking forever to get anything done.

2. There was a quinceanara happening and the hotel was full of teenagers. Several of which were drunk and it was a tad awkward telling my young children we were not going to get onto the elevator with them.
3. When I arrived to check in at 4pm some men had been sitting in the bar drinking for a while and were so drunk the people behind the desk had called a cab company to take them home.
4. Same thing happened when I came back from dinner.
5. It seemed like the bar was a local hangout rather than a place to eat and get a drink.
6. In my children's room the window latch did not work so I could open the window fully. We were on the 3rd floor. So that was an anxiety attack!
7. In my room there were wires hanging out of the ceiling. I think they were for a missing fire alarm. NICE!!!
8. The bottle openers attached to the bathroom sink were a perfect touch.

Like I said you get what you pay for. I was a little grossed out by this place but for less than $60 a night I shouldn't have expecte too much. It was just one night. However with that said I would not go back ever again.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Westborough, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stranded in DFW, looked up this hotel to spend the night and a hotel with a shuttle was important because otherwise, a cab is $45.00 each way to that area. I called and said that I was at the airport, they confirmed that they have a shuttle. Prepaid my reservation and when I called to request my pick up they said that the shuttle stops running at 9pm and by the way, does not start running until 8AM and my flight is at 6AM out of DFW. So, neither way, this shuttle was going to work.

There was no apology. I find this outrageous. I did my homework before reserving and also, note that they are misrepresenting themselves all over the internet with their offerings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sherry S, General Manager at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

I'd like to first introduce myself. My name is Sherry Smith and I am the General Manager of the Admiral Hotel. I want to personally apologize for the miscommunication regarding our shuttle service. I understand how important transportation was to your travel plans and I am disappointed that we were unable to accommodate your needs during your stay. To clarify, our complimentary shuttle services DFW Airport and is available from 8am-10pm daily. This has been our policy for quite some time and we should have explained it clearly and in detail. Unfortunately, we made a mistake and I am truly sorry for your inconvenience.

The Admiral team is committed to providing top notch service and guest satisfaction is our #1 priority. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us provide better service in the future. Please accept our sincerest apologies and an invitation to come back so you can see the improvements we have made since your last visit. Feel free to contact me directly at (817) 640-7712 when you plan your next trip to Arlington and I will personally see to it that your entire stay is VIP. I can offer you a deeply discounted rate, complimentary upgraded room and dinner for two in the Admiral's 5th Quarter Restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I hope to hear from you soon!

Admiral General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel staff were extremely friendly. We had booked a king size bed room because was cheaper but when we got here we asked if it was possible to get double beds. They said absolutely! My daughter loves to snuggle but likes to sleep in own bed if possible. They even gave us pool side room with close parking. The room smelled so good when we walked in! Very clean and neat.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review! Our team is dedicated to making each guest's stay as comfortable as possible and i'm pleased to know we met our goal during your stay. Call us directly at (817) 640-7712 and we'll be happy to help you plan your next visit to Arlington. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Warmest Regards,

Admiral General Manager
Mustang, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Woke up I'm the middle of the night to bed bugs all over our bed and our childrens bed. Took pictures that management didn't even care to see, and no one came to look while we were in the room. There were adults and babies, it was just infested. This hotel is horrible and their location is the only reason people stay. We have multiple bites and we had to spray all our luggage to make sure we didn't bring any home!
Other problems, waited 30 min to check in because only 1 person working the front desk, and because she kept having to stop and send maintenance up to different rooms to solve plumbing issues.

• Stayed April 2014
Sherry S, General Manager at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

My name is Sherry Smith, General Manager of the Admiral Hotel, and I would like to personally apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that the Admiral does not, nor has it ever had a bed bug problem. However, anytime pest control issues are brought to our attention it is hotel policy to vacate the room immediately in order to perform a thorough check without jeopardizing our guest's comfort. Because of this policy, we did not enter your room while occupied but I can assure you the issue was addressed immediately once the room was vacated. We take every guest complaint very seriously so while appreciated, pictures are not necessary as we follow the same protocol with or without them.

Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority at the Admiral and unfortunately we fell short of our goal this time. Please accept this invitation for you and your family to come back to the Admiral and give up an opportunity to make it right. Give me a call at (817) 640-7712 next time you are in town and I can offer you a deeply discounted rate and dinner on me. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and I hope to see you again in the future.

Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I normally do not write reviews but after our recent stay at the Admiral Hotel in Arlington I feel that it is my responsibility to warn future guests of this hotel.

First, I want to start off by saying the only reason we booked this hotel was because of the indoor pool and its central location in Arlington. We were traveling with 2 children and wanted to treat them to an indoor pool on our trip. Our reservation immediately went downhill from the moment we arrives. There was a line out the door at 3:20 for check-in with 1 woman, later 2 checking people in. We found out later that book it.com had completely over booked the hotel and they were moving people to motel 6 down the road. Besides this over booking issue the staff was deleaing with they weee also tryinf to process the numerous requests from hotel guests whom had just checked missing towels and sheets in their rooms. After waiting in like for 20-30 minutes to checkin I was relieved that there wasn't an issue with our reservation and we were excited to see the seemingly inviting pool in the atrium.

We checked into room 241. The room itself looked ok and had two double beds and a refrigerator. We immediately checked the beds for sheets and were pleasantly surprised to see the beds properly made but we were missing towels. We were also missing a remote for the TV and light bulbs from 2 of the 3 lamps. The lamp with the lightbulb was burnt out. We called the front desk later that night but nothing was ever delivered to our room not did we receive a call from the front desk asking for us to come and retrieve the items.
Then there's the pool. I checked the reviews prior to booking but I missed the one about the pool heater not working. My children were so excited to go swimming the rushed into their suites and ran to the pool. The inside pool looked very inviting but was ice cold. I'm guessing somewhere around 40-50 degrees. I mean it was seriously cold. The pool was connected to an outside pool but as you can imagine it was cold too. I spoke to the front desk and asked if I could find an alternate hotel if I could get my money back and they said yes. Unfortunately there were multiple events in Arlington this weekend and everywhere was sold out. When I complained to the front desk clerk this morning about are incredibly unpleasant experience he handed me a card for trip advisor review. No I'm sorry, is there anything I can do for you, nothing. I would have paid at best $40 for a place for me and my children to sleep but not $80 plus. It just wasn't worth it!

So to recap... If you need a bed and a pillow (hopefully with sheets) and don't intend on taking a shower or swimming then this is the place to go. If not look elsewhere so your children and family aren't disappointed like mine were!

• Stayed March 2014
Sherry S, General Manager at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Please allow me to introduce myself; My name is Sherry Smith and I am the General Manager at the Admiral Hotel. First and foremost, I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. We strive to provide 5 Star Service to every guest at all times. Unfortunately, we fell short of our goal this time. I would like to invite you and your family to stay with us next time your travels bring you back to Arlington. Call me directly at (817) 640-7712 and I will personally ensure that you receive a preferred rate with a complimentary upgraded room and a hot buffet breakfast for you and your family. I look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Best Regards,

New Hope, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Me, my daughter and grandson stayed here four days this month. I choose this hotel for the shuttle service that we never used do to the hours of operation. Our flight arrived later than 10 pm and our return flight left @6am. The front desk staff Kendra was very helpful and assistant us alot during our stay. We took advantage of the hotel car service. Corey was our driver and he took us places (Shopping) and return us back to the hotel in a timely manner. The pool was not working properly, the water was very cold. The room was average updates are needed. Would use again if we were to visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want. You are the one paying for it.