“Good hotel in great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands to your Saves list
Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 East I-20, Arlington, TX 76018 (Formerly Comfort Inn Arlington)   |
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Derbyshire England
“Good hotel in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here last September for three nights.
The hotel is in an excellent location between two Malls. The Parks Mall for shopping but the Arlington Highlands Mall that the hotel is in was great for shopping and an excellent night life. Amazing restaurants and bars within walking distance. The place to be at night and right on the hotel’s doorstep!! We had the best nights out here throughout our month’s tour.
Whilst we were staying the hotel was being refurbished and we had a lovely refurbished room. However, there was no safe in the room despite it saying there was one on the hotel’s website. The air conditioning in the room was nowhere near cold enough!
The hot breakfast was good with a big choice and 24 hour coffee. Outside swimming pool and area needed a bit of attention. It was situated near to the non refurbished rooms so maybe this will be cleaned up in time.
We had a good time in Arlington. The hotel was not too far away from the Texas Rangers Stadium and Six Flags over Texas.
We were very disappointed with Fort Worth Stock Yards. Ok for a quick visit - extremely tacky. Instead go to the Texas Civil War Museum for a very interesting perspective on the Civil War!
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear LCandSC,

Thanks for the comments. We are in a great location with lots to do in the area! I have forwarded your suggestions to my entire team. Direct communication with our guests provides the best opportunity for us to improve. We hope to see you soon!

Kevin M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I made reservation in January for March stay. Arrived at 4:00pm, check out was at 11:00am, room was ready at 9:00pm, gave front desk cell number twice to let us know when room was ready, NEVER got a call. Then had toilet problem @ 4:00am & NO to help. Front desk clerk was going to let toilet run over. My husband had to go to Walmart at 4:30am in freezing weather for a plunger because no one could open the maintenance closet. I will say we stayed for 2 nights & was given 1 night free. We will NOT be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014
Kevin M, General Manager at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Colleen,

Thanks for the feedback. As a result of your feedback, I have personally taken steps to ensure that no guest encounters these issues with us again.

I hope you'll give us another chance to show you our true standard of service and quality!

Malakoff, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had a nice stay at the Quality Inn in Arlington Texas. It is right by the mall and has alot of shopping areas. A couple of nice places to eat at also. Love the location. We come there alot when we visit the Improv comedy shows.

• Stayed February 2014
Kevin M, General Manager at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Jroc6,

Thanks for allowing us to host your stay again! We really appreciate our repeat customers. We look forward to your next stay in the Arlington Highlands.
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is large and close to all the cool places in Arlington. The price is decent. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was above average. And the room was fine. The beds were small. The only issue was that I couldn't check in for whatever reason - I had a prepaid reservation, but the computer simply couldn't get me in to the room (I think they had overbooked). I may go elsewhere next time simply because of this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, Manager at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Lessard,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry you encountered an issue with your reservation. I will take your feedback and use it to improve our training processes. I can guarantee you a smooth check in on your next stay with us!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is our 3rd time staying at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands. The service was outstanding and the staffs was very helpful. It was 10 of us this time and my husband and I could not thank the staff for making our friends feel at home. We can go anywhere in Arlington to stay but Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands is our hotel. Plus, if you leave something in your room, the staff will move the Texas to find if for you. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Searless,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's always great to hear about how we positively affect our guests' stays! We hope to see you again, soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Looks like they are near the end of remodeling this hotel so the updates make it almost like new.
Staff had some good recommendations for drinks and dinner. ( there are literally 100 places to go in this area) Nice clean room, parking area well lit and hotel pretty easy to get to. One of the nicer Quality Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear TXTwoStep,

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again, soon!

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

They are remodeling this hotel--new carpet and paint. In terms of a place to stay, it is not bad. Lots of restaurants nearby, a mall just beside it. However, when you check in, you will be asked to sign for the room, then they ask to run your credit card again for $100 for "incidentals." The promise is that amount will be refunded if the room is left undamaged.
This was a first for me in all my years of traveling. Our room was an average room (still old carpet and kinda dingy) and the breakfast was average.
When I got my credit card statement, I found they kept the $100 incidentals fee they made me sign when I checked in. To my surprise, the hotel kept the $100 fee because a family member who lives nearby came over as we were checking out. She brought her small dog with her and the dog did come into the room a moment. When we checked out, they charged me the $76 for the room (not worth that much, I surmise) but that was all at that time. AFTER I left, they added in the $100.
This review is a follow up to my earlier review, in light of that development. Now that I see what they have done, I am revising my review.
I have to wonder how often this is done...,how many others are billed after departure..
I called motel, was told, in essence, "Too bad." I had credit card company call on my behalf, and the person on duty hung up on us.
I am in the Choice Hotels club and this is the first and only time there has been an experience this disappointing.
Now that this has happened, my review can be condensed to three words:
Don't stay here.

Room Tip: To get a good room, get a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize for the misunderstanding you encountered with our deposit policy. I hope I was able to rectify the situation for you and that you will give us another try on your next visit to the Arlington area.

Kevin M

Been to Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands? Share your experiences!