“Good price, but some issues...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands to your Saves list
Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 East I-20, Arlington, TX 76018 (Formerly Comfort Inn Arlington)   |
Ranked #27 of 60 hotels in Arlington
New Mexico
“Good price, but some issues...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is large and close to all the cool places in Arlington. The price is decent. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was above average. And the room was fine. The beds were small. The only issue was that I couldn't check in for whatever reason - I had a prepaid reservation, but the computer simply couldn't get me in to the room (I think they had overbooked). I may go elsewhere next time simply because of this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, Manager at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Lessard,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry you encountered an issue with your reservation. I will take your feedback and use it to improve our training processes. I can guarantee you a smooth check in on your next stay with us!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is our 3rd time staying at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands. The service was outstanding and the staffs was very helpful. It was 10 of us this time and my husband and I could not thank the staff for making our friends feel at home. We can go anywhere in Arlington to stay but Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands is our hotel. Plus, if you leave something in your room, the staff will move the Texas to find if for you. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Searless,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's always great to hear about how we positively affect our guests' stays! We hope to see you again, soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Looks like they are near the end of remodeling this hotel so the updates make it almost like new.
Staff had some good recommendations for drinks and dinner. ( there are literally 100 places to go in this area) Nice clean room, parking area well lit and hotel pretty easy to get to. One of the nicer Quality Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear TXTwoStep,

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again, soon!

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

They are remodeling this hotel--new carpet and paint. In terms of a place to stay, it is not bad. Lots of restaurants nearby, a mall just beside it. However, when you check in, you will be asked to sign for the room, then they ask to run your credit card again for $100 for "incidentals." The promise is that amount will be refunded if the room is left undamaged.
This was a first for me in all my years of traveling. Our room was an average room (still old carpet and kinda dingy) and the breakfast was average.
When I got my credit card statement, I found they kept the $100 incidentals fee they made me sign when I checked in. To my surprise, the hotel kept the $100 fee because a family member who lives nearby came over as we were checking out. She brought her small dog with her and the dog did come into the room a moment. When we checked out, they charged me the $76 for the room (not worth that much, I surmise) but that was all at that time. AFTER I left, they added in the $100.
This review is a follow up to my earlier review, in light of that development. Now that I see what they have done, I am revising my review.
I have to wonder how often this is done...,how many others are billed after departure..
I called motel, was told, in essence, "Too bad." I had credit card company call on my behalf, and the person on duty hung up on us.
I am in the Choice Hotels club and this is the first and only time there has been an experience this disappointing.
Now that this has happened, my review can be condensed to three words:
Don't stay here.

Room Tip: To get a good room, get a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize for the misunderstanding you encountered with our deposit policy. I hope I was able to rectify the situation for you and that you will give us another try on your next visit to the Arlington area.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have to come to Arlington about twice a month for work and keep bouncing through different hotels to switch things up and find one I like that fits within my budget. I had never stayed at the Quality Inn before but being a rewards member, figured I should try it out. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It is not the newest hotel around but it is a great price, very clean, the staff was very quick and efficient and a literally perfect location. After driving all day to Arlington it is nice not to have to drive to find somewhere to eat or do something. The hotel is literally walking distance from a bunch of cool shops, restaurants and bars. I love it. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jordan,

I'm delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel! It's always great to know that we've converted another loyal guest! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

It was very relaxing and enjoyable visit. The renovated room makes a great difference. I think this is what you need if you are not at home. The staff was friendly and the best part was hot breakfast..looking forward for the next visit!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Jksangh,

Thank you so much for the great feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to impressing you even more on your next visit to the Arlington area!

Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

During a 4 month business trip in Arlington I've stayed in 6 rooms at this Quality Inn over the last 3-1/2 months. Initially I would have rated the hotel at Poor but new management has been trying to turn things around. The hotel is renovating a lot of rooms right now.

The good:
clean beds
flat screen TV with TimeWarner cable
hot water
pool is clean and kept up.
very close to upscale shops and restaurants in the Arlington Highlands
long term rates available
microwave and very small fridge in each room
simple free breakfast is available every day.
free Wi-Fi

The bad:
room keys (credit card style) rarely work and always stop working after 2 days
communication between staff is practically nonexistant
guest laundry (provided by outsourced company) is not adequate
occasional beetles and roaches in the room, but very rarely.
nearly all rooms I've stayed in had unusable coffee makers (no carafe)
Wi-Fi signal strength is very low in a lot of the room

I recently woke up at 2am to a couple trying to get into my room. Apparently the hotel forgot I was checked in to that room and checked someone else into it.

Whenever I went to the front office to get my room keys reset I was always told that keeping a cell phone next to the keys would reset them. After getting a pair of keys reset I left one in the room isolated from everything. When the first key stopped working I tried the isolated key and it had stopped working as well. The hotel staff seems to have drank the kool-aide in regards to why the keys need to be reset.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the front desk unless you like walking a lot to get your room key reset (yes, se...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeff M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As you stated, we are getting better every day, and I have addressed each of your comment items with the appropriate team members and departments. I think you will see an even bigger improvement on your next stay with us.

-Kevin M

Been to Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands? Share your experiences!