“Clean, spacious, good rates, would probably use again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands to your Saves list
Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 East I-20, Arlington, TX 76018 (Formerly Comfort Inn Arlington)   |
Ranked #27 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Floresville, Texas
“Clean, spacious, good rates, would probably use again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night while attending a funeral. The room was comfortable (though my wife felt the bed was a little hard). My wife said that the room suffered slightly from what she considers to be a common problem with most motel/hotel rooms -- too much light outside with light blocking curtains which don't fit window opening quite well enough to keep room totally dark at night. We both actually slept reasonably well though. Although we did not eat the complimentary breakfast because of a breakfast appointment with friends, it appeared, from a distance, that what was there was minimal and the eating area was kind of small. Probably the biggest gripe that I would make is the fact that the office staff insisted on making a photo copy of my driver's license. This makes me uncomfortable and would probably be my biggest reason for not staying here again. I have stayed at other Quality Inn Motels and don't remember ever being asked for a photo copy of my DL before. In this era of identify theft, this is a practice that should be terminated! Check the DL for ID but don't copy it!!! I understand from one other review of this motel that they have also taken copies of credit cards from some customers. This is rediculous!!! I am glad they did not try this with me. There is another Quality Inn in Taos, NM at which we have stayed repeatedly. That one earned a rating of 5 from me. This one in Arilington is O.K. but not nearly up to the Taos Quality Inn. Our experiences at the Taos Quality Inn are probably the main reason we stayed at this one in Arlington.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SQualityInn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thanks for your review about our property. Many people do not enjoy the fact that we take copies of driver's licenses, however, this is a law enacted by the City of Arlington that we (and all other law-abiding hotels) must adhere to. Our agents face fines if caught not taking copies. I do want to ensure to you that all data is strictly controlled in accordance with the law, copies are shredded the day after the required hold period, and that we take handling your personal information very seriously. Any complaints about this law can be directed to the City of Arlington. While we understand you not being happy with the process (we don't enjoy it either), please understand that there are rules and guidelines that we must also adhere to. We appreciate you using our hotel and hope to see you back very soon!!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Very pleasantly surprised, did not expect microwave and frigde in the room, we brought a cooler with hotdogs and lunchmeat for the 3 days, so had a great time for snacks at night after swimming in the wonderful TEXAS WEATHER heated pool =)))

LOVED the shower, had such great pressure, could have stayed in it all day, clean and professional service on towels and sheets, drained a little slow, but what do you expect in a place with so many people ^^

Enjoyed the first, second and third breakfast, way MORE than we expected, loved the healthy fruit and yoghurt options next to hot sausage links, bisquits and gravy, prettiest thing for our kids was the BIG TEXAS WAFFLE maker, fun AND yummy =)

Hotel.com showed pictures of a fitness center and an inside pool + whirlpool, didnt see none of that, but we were gone on tours all day anyway. . would have been curious if they had it?

We enjoyed our stay very much, payed a dream price for a fam vacation and a safe goodnight sleep, were thankful for the pretty and well made beds every night we came in from our daytrip, trash was taken out, we felt spoiled rotten, hotel staff was very nice everywhere we met them on the property THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU =)

Room Tip: Be earlier than later for breakfast ;-) you have more ROOM to pick a table, less people in line...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SQualityInn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
You’re welcome! And thank you for being our guest and giving us your valuable feedback. You have highlighted exactly what we are about: a good, clean, affordable room with excellent customer service. Did you know the Arlington Highlands Shopping and Dining Complex has over 30 shops, 40 restaurants, a Movie Theater, Spas, Dave n Busters, and a whole lot more…(all within walking distance from the hotel) What’s even more amazing is that they are currently expanding even further! Come back soon to see the new additions to this great area!

Hung Tran
Sales Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

When I checked in I gave the clerk a package that was to be Fed-ed'd. I had scheduled a pick up with Fed-ex and the package contained blood work that was going to the lab. The clerk NEVER bothered to tell me that Fed-ex stopped there 20 minutes prior to my check in (fed-ex came earlier than they were scheduled). I was at the hotel overnight, went to the front desk in the morning and requested a late check out, went back to the front desk because I forgot my key when I went to the pool and was at the front desk again for check out and NOT ONCE did anyone bother to tell me fed-ex didn't pick up my pkg. Then the clerk called my work a day later to tell them the pkg was still there and that "fed-ex doesn't p/u at their hotel!!!! IDIOTS!!! I stayed there once before but I NEVER will again. I specifically told the clerk Fed-ex was coming to get it that night and they didn't bother to let me know anything!!

• Stayed August 2012
OH NO! I wish I could say we were on the ball 100% of the time, but clearly we also make mistakes. I have shared your comments with my General Manager and we are coming up with new procedures to ensure something like this never happens again. While we didn’t meet your expectations in delivering the package, I’m hoping the accommodations at the hotel were more than adequate. I know that you said that you weren’t coming back, but I do hope that you give us a second chance. We are working on offering a new breakfast that will change daily and have started a Manager’s Reception every Monday and Wednesday from 5pm-6:30pm where we offer wine, beer, and snacks to all of our guests!

Sinerely,
Hung Tran
Sales Manager
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Even though we told three different people we were using reward points, an employee of this hotel swiped our credit card ("just for our records, it will not be charged.") and then surprise, surprise, the charge showed up on our statement.
After numerous emails, letters and phone calls over three months, we received no satisfaction from this hotel or from Choice Hotels Visa.
We will never use this card again, or stay in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
SQualityInn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback! We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your most recent stay! I assure you that we did not take this incident lightly. However will try our best to ensure this does not happen again. The front desk agents were re-trained and new check-in procedures were instructed in regarding about this matter. Please give us another try and I promise we will not disappoint
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you like stale smoke infested rooms & AC wall units that are so loud when they kick in you have to more than double the volume of the television, then you would give this place four stars. I used extra strength Febreeze with several treatments to try to diffuse the odor in my non-smoking room to no avail. Not only was the AC unit loud enough to wake you each time it turned on, the room was muggy and never really actually cooled the room. I had to use the freezer section of the refrigerator just to keep my drinks almost cold.

Basically, the room was about $60, so I guess you get what you pay for. Just know that when I unpacked all of the clothes that I did not wear smelled so much of smoke, they had to go straight back into the laundry.

Next time I decide to stay in town to work a weekend, I will fork over the additional cash for a place with "QUALITY" in something more than it's name.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable review! We are working diligently to improve the quality of our rooms. We have added on better-experienced Maintenance personnel, implemented a Preventative Maintenance Program, and have outlined a comprehensive training package for all of our employees to address a number of these concerns. Please come back and give us another try and I guarantee you will see the difference!
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Reservation on web site. All correct, just sign the form. Outside doors and close parking. Clogged bathroom sink, worn & torn carpet, and refrig freezer almost solid with ice. Otherwise everything worked. Bathroom a little beat up. Good wifi. Above average breakfast, full strength coffee and OJ. Friendly, engaging staff. Next to outdoor mall, easy interstate access. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The pool was noisy, you might try the opposite (south) side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! Our staffs are trained to go beyond their duties to assist guests in any possible way they could. However, minor things do occur and we are constantly working to improve the quality of our rooms, interiors and in-room amenities. Please keep us in mind for your future hotel stays, as we will continually be upgrading the property!
Grove City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I love this hotel, my room was nice and clean the staff was excellant and they had free wifi and a continental breakfast, i will definately stay here again:)

Room Tip: My room was pretty greaty it was located on the left side of the building
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback! We are aiming to provide our guests with excellent customer service, nice and clean room – at an affordable price. I hope you enjoyed our HOT complimentary breakfast. After all, we’re glad you enjoined your stay here with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Been to Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands? Share your experiences!