“Great service and stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn/ Six Flags/ Ballpark/ Cowboys Stadium

You added Days Inn/ Six Flags/ Ballpark/ Cowboys Stadium to your Saves list
Days Inn/ Six Flags/ Ballpark/ Cowboys Stadium
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   910 North Collins Street, I-30, Highway 157 and Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76011   |
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
North Texas
“Great service and stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

I originally booked at this Hotel because of Price and proximity to Arlington Convention Center and other attractions. The type of reservation I got was non cancellable. I did try to change my reservation and was unable to. Being a business man I understood and in fact I was told ahead of time that the reservation cannot be cancelled.

So make sure that the arrival date of the reservation is the correct date because they won't change it if you buy the non cancellable reservation.

For the money we spent we got value and were very satisfied with the stay and the Hotel's friently staff. We would recommend this property for anyone going to the Arlington Convention Center or Arlington's attractions.

• Liked — Clean Hotel and friendly service
  • Disliked — Reservation policy
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

My boyfriend and I planned a fun trip to six flags... searched the usually engines to find a fun, decent, inexpensive hotel. where we found days inn.

after getting very lost trying to find the hotel... we finally found it in the middle of a VERY RUN-DOWN area, with many questionable people walking the streets. knowing i had already paid, we had decided to park and check in... we tried to park in front of a main window (hoping if someone wanted to break into our car... someone inside Days Inn would spot them.) While walking in we were welcomed with a very strong smell of urine... the lobby itself was very cold, dirty, and had a very foul odor.

as i was some-what greated at the front desk i asked the man if i could cancel... he proceeded to tell me that there was a 59.99 cancellation fee. which, coincidentily, is how much the room was... (not only was that irritating... i could not understand the gentleman) he urged us to go and see the room before we made our decision. we then walked through a narrow hallway into a cold, dark, ran down hall... we could hear the people in their rooms... we heard some screaming... it was a very unpleasant feeling... from there we proceeded to get onto the elevater... i thought would break down before we made it to the second floor!!! we finally got to the room... the carpet was incredibly FILTHY, there were roaches on the tile in the bathroom, the beds where so worn down we could see the large divits in the bed as they leaned to one side...

Needless to say we did NOT stay at this hotel. The smartest thing you could every do is choose a different hotel in the area! it is WELL WORTH the extra money!!!!!

• Liked — ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — The smell and the bugs!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — DON'T STAY HERE!!!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
DAYS_INN_6151, General Manager at Days Inn/ Six Flags/ Ballpark/ Cowboys Stadium, responded to this review, December 4, 2008
This is a very old review but I want to comment on it due to its content.

Though the review has entertainment value, it is not factual. I have tried to contact Mickki to find out when her reservation was made and which location she booked her reservation at but I have not received any reply. I also note from her profile that this review is the only review she has made since 2006.

I can only conclude that she got lost as stated in her review and that she ended up at the wrong hotel and not at our property since she does not appear to travel much.

Edouard Siu, GM
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

We brought the family to Six Flags for Spring Break and we had a great experience. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The free trolley made the stay very convenient (I did not need to drive and find parking space) as it took us to the Amusement Park, Shopping Area (with several family restaurants), and back. It looked like they were finishing on some remodeling but we were not inconvenienced. We would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

Bottom line, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The picture on the web makes it look like it is o.k. This is very far from true. It is in the back of a run down strip mall that attracts unsavory characters. Days INN has big warning signs posted in thier lobby that tell you they are not responsible for your vehicle or your belongings. The customer service was about a 3 on a 1 - 10 scale. Rooms were below standard for any hotel much less one that is so close to family attractions - I've stayed in nicer truck stop motels. They are also firm on thier 72hr reservation cancellation policy, thus when you show up and want to go somewhere else they still get your money. My advice to anyone staying in Arlington is to stay anywhere but here. If you really want to stay here don't make reservations. Show up and if you still want to stay make your reservations the day of check in. That way you don't blow $80. This place is unsafe and crappy. Days Inn should tear it down or at least buy back thier name from the owners because this hotel sucks.

• Stayed July 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2005

We stayed here the 3rd week of June, we weren't sure what to expect from the looks of the outside, no landscaping, set back off the road, just a big barren parking lot, tall brick building. But the lobby was very nice, and the staff very friendly. The rooms were nice and clean. The pool very small. The trolley service runs from the hotel and will take you any were in the area, the shopping center, sixflags, hurricane harbor, the ballpark, and pick you up, for free. In Houston you would have to pay $2/person for the bus/train. The continental breakfast had a lot to be desired - muffins, donuts, oj, coffee, hot water for instant oatmeal, or tea. No place to sit and eat the breakfast, you had to take it back to your room. We were charged for each individual person staying not 1/2 for the same price and 3/4 are extra, we had 5 people and we paid for 3 extra people in the rooms, instead of 1 extra person, we had 2 rooms. I spoke with 3 different people before we arrived to get it straightened out because I had booked it online through expedia, and then to the person at the front desk. But I still ended up paying the extra. It was only $8/person per night but it was still an aggravation. Would probably not stay there again, there are many other choices in the area.

• Stayed June 2005
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2004

Seriously, this has horrible. It looked nice online so I thought..what the hell it's in a good location and it's reasonably priced. This place was like a .25 star hotel with a generous .25 just because it had a roof. 1st off, the location was ghetto. You know you've picked a bad place when you see cars with shattered glass because someone broke into them. Not only that but the hotel room was by a development, with loud 'gangsta' music. The bed was extremely hard & we had to go to KMART to buy and egg crate mattress to sleep on. (I'm the kind of person who's comfortable using blue jeans for a pillow when I go camping, and this bed was the most abhorrent thing I've ever encountered.) The elevater was like something from the Tower or Terror and smelt like burning wires, and right next to the hotel is a liquor store with drunks standing outside. This was a TOTAL DUMP. I'd stay in my car before I stayed here again.

, GM at Days Inn/ Six Flags/ Ballpark/ Cowboys Stadium, responded to this review, April 4, 2005
Regarding the message titled "Avoid at all cost" dated 2/24/03.

The hotel has very strict cancellation policy and we are sorry that this guest was upset about being unable to cancel his/hers reservation past the cancellation time.

This guest seems to be describing a situation where he/she made a reservation through the internet and then tried to cancel the reservation through the hotel PAST THE CANCELLATION TIME. We can see why he/she was not successful and why he/she was frustrated.

If the reservation was made through the Internet at Days Inn's Website, be sure to call the 800's (---) to make any changes or cancellation. If the reservation was made though the Internet at some other's vendor's website, please refer to customer service at that website for any changes or cancellation.

We are unable to speak to other issues as we do not have the specific of that stay (date of stay, what room number) but in general we do not stuff our bed with plywood nor is there a lack of voltage throughout the Motel as this property was built in accordance with all relevant city, state and federal codes, ordinances and laws.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2003

Do not be deceived by the website. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever been too. From the start I knew it was a mistake, but I had purchased a package with tickets to the parks and couldnt get a refund.
First the clerk was asked what the area was like she said "its ok but i wouldn't go out after dark" so my next question do you have security at night.."no" makes me feel so safe. Parking the car I start noticing abandoned vehicles in the parking lot and they had been there for quite a while. A big attraction was watching the police arrest the people behind the property in what looked like the projects. "good times for one and all". So we head down to the lobby for the free continental breakfast, you get what you pay for. Breakfast was a cello wrapped mini muffin, and pot of coffee and a pitcher of orange juice on a small table. the kids refused this, and the restaurant for the hotel was a dive called "pit grill" no way was i going to feed my family there. The showers will only reach to your chest and I'm only 5'10". The bathtub has no stopper so you have to shove a washcloth in it to give a small child a bath plus you have to dodge the shower that won't fully turn off. The AC wouldnt cool no matter how low you set it and the windows dont open, don't really think I would really want my hotel window open there. So a call to the front desk was placed to inquire if the AC could be fixed, the clerk acted like we were bothering her and seemed quite upset that we had a complaint, needless to say that was the last we ever heard about that and no the AC was never fixed. The beds are not what i could call beds more like boards with sheets on them, don't think I sleep longer that a hours streach for 4 days. The spacious dresser they give you is coming apart and was wondering how long it would stand. Most hotels would give you a place you could sit and talk on the phone, near the bed or on a table or desk. Not here its placed in the middle of that brokedown dresser with a cord that would reach almost the length of your arm, and bring a 10 dollar bill with you for the phone deposit. Bring someone with you who doesnt mind carrying luggage cause they have no luggage carts. Six Flags was wonderful but this property almost ruined it for all. DO NOT Stay here. I worked in the hotel/motel industry for several years and never would I have called this a 2 star hotel. It's problems can be fixed, with a bulldozer.

Been to Days Inn/ Six Flags/ Ballpark/ Cowboys Stadium? Share your experiences!