“Pretty Let Down...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Pretty Let Down...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I have to admit after reading the reviews on here prior to my arrival, I was hoping for a better experience. I stay exclusively at Hilton, so I am familar with the chain. Despite a recent renovation, my room is just worn out. There is a light bulb missing in the bathroom, not just out but missing entirely, the shower head is on the verge of falling off and no flat panel TV. If you go on the Hilton website and tour the hotel, the rooms clearly are shown with a flat panel TV. I called the front desk to have a room change due to no flat panel TV and the massive ventilation duct over the door as you enter the room, I'm kind of tall and it makes me claustraphobic, but I was told they all have this feature. Generally I am just let down. Also perhaps another good idea might be to not turn off the AC when it is 96 degrees out and you have customers checking in. It was hot as blazes in my room when I finally got in. Maybe it was the heat coming off of the massive old school TV? Also there is no lounge for the Hilton Honors members. The room is clean, the staff is friendly, but it is just lacking things I have grown to expect when traveling, like light. I am scheduled for a two day stay and I'm checking out a day early, I'll try my luck at the HGI down the road or the Marriott.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our rooms do actually have flat screen tv's as advertised on our website. We are on the verge of a top to bottom hotel renovation as well, as you can see from the many other positive reviews, we are the preferred hotel in the Arlington Texas Entertainment District.

Regards,
Hilton Arlington Texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Northern Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed here one week for business in DFW airport area. Location is excellent. Easy access to I-30, 360 to DFW, Ballpark at Arlington, Six Flags, etc. Plenty of good restaurants nearby. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and quiet. Exercise equipment is new. Business center has two computers with internet access. I was able to find a very reasonable rate and received free wireless internet access in my room.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback, yes we are the premier choice for hotels in the DFW area, and we offer all of the full service amenities that you want and expect from a Hilton hotel. We look forward to your return, and thank you very much for your business.

Best Regards,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

A great hotel with easy access to Hwy 30 & 360. Love the full service: room service available and an indoor/outdoor pool. Very friendly staff~especially the dining room. You'll love the breakfast! Rooms are updated with comfy, fluffy bedding and modern furnishings.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Thank you for your feedback, we are very proud of our culinary team and we do cater to our smaller children guests as well. We have special breakfast items for them to start their day before a fun adventure at Six Flag's over Texas or Hurricane Harbor Water Park.

Altus, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton for our Memorial Day weekend and we satisfied above and beyond with the friendness of the staff. I was pleased with the atmosphere and warm welcoming upon entering the lobby. We planned on eating out, but after reading the menu and speaking with the front desk lady, we took her suggestion and ate at the restaurant Chedders on property, and we were not disappointed. They have one of the best pepper steaks I have ever had! Highly Recommend this restaurant!! Overall value of our stay was Excellent. Had the honor to speak to the General Manager at check out and shared my praises to him and his staff during my stay. Marvelous start to kick off our summer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Thank you for the great feedback. We are very proud of our team here at the Hilton Arlington. We have a wonderful restaurant with a Chef who produces very "non hotel" type food. We offer menu items for the whole family and are right across the street from Six Flag's over Texas Amusement Park and Hurricane Harbor Water Park. We hope to see you back again soon Mr. Balderas.

Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I stayed here with my brothers to see the Rangers play our team. We were only a mile away but we couldn't really walk there (safely). Luckily, the hotel staff was able to arrange for a ride for us one night, and we were able to get a cab on other nights.

The hotel itself was wonderful. The staff was very good to us, and the restaurant was very good for breakfast (albeit we got it free with Hilton Gold membership). The bar was nice, and the pool lacked only a bar!

The rooms had great blackout drapes, thought the TV was older and the remote kinda shaky.

The biggest thing about this place is that the place is not pedestrian-friendly. That is not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We actually are within walking distance to both Dallas Cowboy's Stadium and the Texas Ranger's Ballpark. Many of our guest choose to take the short walk down the street to Ballpark Way, but, if you wish, my hotel staff can arrange for transportation, or you can take the city trolley's which run from 6am - 12 midnight daily.

Malibu, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times, especially when I'm town to see a Rangers game. We stay there because it’s close to the park and they offer a free shuttle. The last time we stayed the shuttle never came to pick us up. We were waited for 40 minutes; finally we split the cost of a taxi with another family, because we didn’t want to miss the start of the game. The staff is very friendly, and the hotel is clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Yes, we are within walking distances to both the Dallas Cowboy's beaufitul new facility, and home of the next Super Bowl, as well as our Texas Ranger's Ballpark. She city does offer trolley services, and next time you are in, my front desk can give you the app for your cell phone so you can track by gps where the next shuttles are and to the very minute when they will be there to pick you up.

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010 via mobile

Walking into the Hilton Arlington, I was immediatly greeted with smiles! The bed is amazing and very comfortable! You can't beat the location either! Great restauarants, right by six flags and the Texas stadiums. If you are going to Arlington Tx this is the place to stay!

• Stayed May 2010
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Thank you for the kind comments! We pride ourselves on being the friendliest hotel in Arlington and our ratings on trip advisor show it! We hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.

Warm regards,
Hilton Arlington Texas

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!