“Only good for a convention” 3 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
chicago
“Only good for a convention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you are going to a Cowboys or Rangers game or Six Flags or have a convention, this is a good property. Otherwise the location is not good and not walkable. The propert is also very large and not comfortable for a one night stay. Elevators were clogged and just lots of people around. I could here them through the walls and construction in building. The salmon dinner I ordered was excellent. I'd look for another property next time,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thanks for the feedback and we agree, we are the premier hotel for all Dallas Cowboys games as well as Texas Rangers games.

James Shandor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff was warm and friendly. The bed was comfortable and the room was neat and clean. Always had fresh towels and even was given two free water bottles. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this to other business and family travelers. Awesome view of Six Flags and the Texas Rangers are about 1 mile away.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor, since you can see more of Six Flags.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback, we look forward to seeing you back as our guest again.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently had to attend a trade show in Dallas. I was late booking and everything downtown was sold out or very expensive. As a last resort I booked the Hilton Hotel in Arlington. Turns out this was a great choice. From this hotel you are going the opposite way of the heavy traffic morning and evening. By avoiding 8 and 4 I was able to get to the Dallas Convention centre in 25 minutes at a cost of $35. It was much better than airport locations.

The hotel was great. The rooms are what you expect from a Hilton and the front desk staff was great and the Valet guys were awesome. Free shuttle from and to the airport was great, 15 minutes each way. Bar is great with great staff. If you get bored Boston's Next Door is great too.

I had to host a small meeting and catering did a great job. We showed up with only IPads to do our presentations. The hotel didn't have an IPad connector for the projector so the AV guy ran over to B Buy and picked one up. The meeting started on time in a first class facility.

I was there in late January. I can only imagine that in summer time this place rocks with tourists going to 6 flags, baseball and then the occasional football game.

Only negative is that Hilton reservation system is now brutal. Very awkward and makes me feel that I just bought a used car from 'Shaddy's'. Come on Hilton you are better than this. Your hotels are classy so treat them this way. The time share sales pitch at the end of every booking just isn't Hilton style.

I would definitely return.

Room Tip: No problems. Well soundproofed so freeway noise not heard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We have many guests stay with us who have business in Dallas, just for the same reasons you stated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree, our staff is the best when it comes to taking care of our guests ! Thank you for your business !

CANCUN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

IT has a great location close to the Cowboy stadium and the hotel was clean. Also close ti good restaurantes and some shopping!
We where the for 5 nights when we arrive the hotel had free chocolate and coffe I thougth that was great for My kids And the Day of the Game the sold everything You could imagen in the lobby of the Resort!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you, we are the premier location for all Dallas Cowboys games as well as Texas Rangers ballgames. We look forward to seeing you again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

regards,

Sheppard AFB, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first stay at this location. The hotel was clean and welcoming. The staff were welcoming and helpful. Check in was fast. I booked a standard king room online and found that at check in that I had been assigned to one of the newly renovated deluxe king room, which had a mini fridge (that made me happy). I ordered room service. They were quick & efficient. The Double Fudge cake was to die for, it was so good. The bed was super soft, as always. I had breakfast in the restaurant the morning I checked out. The staff were very nice as was the selection of food for a decent price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and I agree, our food and service is the best in the area. Our rooms have just been renovated, so, we also have the best product in the area! We look forward to seeing you back again!

Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at this Hilton and had an overall good experience. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I still don't see the logic in charging for wifi when all the less pricey places include it for free. I realize Hilton likes to attract wealthier clients so they can charge 13.00 for a burger and not get complaints about high prices. But then that's the case with most Hiltons. Nice place though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and look forward to your return!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had not stayed in this property for a bit of time; my previous experiences were pretty good. I was pleased to see that the property has undergone renovations. I get the sense they are still in progress -- for instance, the lobby could use a freshening -- but I was placed in a renovated room, and it looked really nice. The room had new carpet, new furniture, new linens, new curtains, etc. The style was very pleasing (purples, browns, and grays). The bed was very comfortable. I particularly appreciated that the new room had added several outlets (on lamps, etc.). Parking was easy. Service at the hotel was good; check-in was fast and welcoming and the doorman was very welcoming, too. Would happily return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on the renovations, we agree, they look great with much more to come this year !

Regards,

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!