“Location is better than it seems” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Baseball Fan Package
Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Calgary
“Location is better than it seems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently had to attend a trade show in Dallas. I was late booking and everything downtown was sold out or very expensive. As a last resort I booked the Hilton Hotel in Arlington. Turns out this was a great choice. From this hotel you are going the opposite way of the heavy traffic morning and evening. By avoiding 8 and 4 I was able to get to the Dallas Convention centre in 25 minutes at a cost of $35. It was much better than airport locations.

The hotel was great. The rooms are what you expect from a Hilton and the front desk staff was great and the Valet guys were awesome. Free shuttle from and to the airport was great, 15 minutes each way. Bar is great with great staff. If you get bored Boston's Next Door is great too.

I had to host a small meeting and catering did a great job. We showed up with only IPads to do our presentations. The hotel didn't have an IPad connector for the projector so the AV guy ran over to B Buy and picked one up. The meeting started on time in a first class facility.

I was there in late January. I can only imagine that in summer time this place rocks with tourists going to 6 flags, baseball and then the occasional football game.

Only negative is that Hilton reservation system is now brutal. Very awkward and makes me feel that I just bought a used car from 'Shaddy's'. Come on Hilton you are better than this. Your hotels are classy so treat them this way. The time share sales pitch at the end of every booking just isn't Hilton style.

I would definitely return.

Room Tip: No problems. Well soundproofed so freeway noise not heard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We have many guests stay with us who have business in Dallas, just for the same reasons you stated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree, our staff is the best when it comes to taking care of our guests ! Thank you for your business !

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
CANCUN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

IT has a great location close to the Cowboy stadium and the hotel was clean. Also close ti good restaurantes and some shopping!
We where the for 5 nights when we arrive the hotel had free chocolate and coffe I thougth that was great for My kids And the Day of the Game the sold everything You could imagen in the lobby of the Resort!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you, we are the premier location for all Dallas Cowboys games as well as Texas Rangers ballgames. We look forward to seeing you again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

regards,

Sheppard AFB, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first stay at this location. The hotel was clean and welcoming. The staff were welcoming and helpful. Check in was fast. I booked a standard king room online and found that at check in that I had been assigned to one of the newly renovated deluxe king room, which had a mini fridge (that made me happy). I ordered room service. They were quick & efficient. The Double Fudge cake was to die for, it was so good. The bed was super soft, as always. I had breakfast in the restaurant the morning I checked out. The staff were very nice as was the selection of food for a decent price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and I agree, our food and service is the best in the area. Our rooms have just been renovated, so, we also have the best product in the area! We look forward to seeing you back again!

Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at this Hilton and had an overall good experience. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I still don't see the logic in charging for wifi when all the less pricey places include it for free. I realize Hilton likes to attract wealthier clients so they can charge 13.00 for a burger and not get complaints about high prices. But then that's the case with most Hiltons. Nice place though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and look forward to your return!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had not stayed in this property for a bit of time; my previous experiences were pretty good. I was pleased to see that the property has undergone renovations. I get the sense they are still in progress -- for instance, the lobby could use a freshening -- but I was placed in a renovated room, and it looked really nice. The room had new carpet, new furniture, new linens, new curtains, etc. The style was very pleasing (purples, browns, and grays). The bed was very comfortable. I particularly appreciated that the new room had added several outlets (on lamps, etc.). Parking was easy. Service at the hotel was good; check-in was fast and welcoming and the doorman was very welcoming, too. Would happily return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on the renovations, we agree, they look great with much more to come this year !

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

In the 2005-2008 timeframe, I probably stayed at this hotel a couple dozen times. This Hilton is convenient to the business that I visit and, since I am Hilton-loyal, there just didn't seem to be a reason to stay anywhere else. On my last trip, about 4 years ago, I thought the hotel needed some updating. Thankfully, I found during my recent visit that some of that seems to have happened. The decor and carpets on my floor were definitely updated and looked nice. However, on the elevator ride down past a few of the other floors, I saw the same old, now very tired-looking carpets. The pool area and fitness facility seem to be about the same, as does the bar area ("Septembers"). The restaurant ("Conrads") was definitely updated and looks nice. The lobby looks exactly the same as it did 4 years ago, right down to the well-worn chairs and sparse, somewhat neglected-looking decorations. Overall, this hotel gets heavy traffic from business travelers Mon-Fri and the constant wear must be difficult to keep up with.

The rooms are spacious, except for the bathrooms. Again, the bathrooms don't look like they've been updated since who-knows-when. It drives me crazy that door almost hits the toilet when it swings in. I feel like, whenever I'm in the bathroom doing anything, I need to close the door to get it out of the way. Also, housekeeping tends not to put water glasses in the bathroom which I've always found curious and annoying, since I have to go back into the room to find the glasses when I'm simply brushing my teeth. Overall, the sleep quality is good, with firm mattresses and plush pillows. A couple of my co-workers complained of noise from people who were probably partying down at the bar, but I've never really experienced any problems. Housekeeping always keeps the rooms very clean.

The breakfast buffet is pretty good if you get HHonors breakfast tickets. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would spend $17 on what they offer. I was happy to see that a few of the same waiters that I remember from years ago are still working there. They must like their jobs, and management must treat them well. They work hard, so make sure you leave them a tip!

I understand that the hotel is continuing to renovate, which is a wise decision, since competition seems to be stepping up in the area. I couldn't help but notice a brand new Hilton Garden Inn right down the street. Loyal HHonors members like me are, no doubt, interested to see what that hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have received renovations first. Neither side has a particularly good view. Nois...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, it means so much! The hotel is undergoing a multi million dollar renovation this year to include the lobby and dining room and bar. We are very excited about the new changes coming. Our breakfast buffet boasts the best selection in the area, much more options than the limited service products in the area.

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Was in Dallas for business and stayed here. Great experience. Started with them picking me up at Dallas Airport. I was in early and they got me in to a room immediately. Great rooms with HD tvs. I was there New Years Day and decided to go out for food and come back to watch the games. Excellent experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback, we boast the largest flat screens in the area, 42" and 65 HD channels! It's truly a relaxing experience for our guests.

Kind regards,

James Shandor

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!