“Great Job Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Lewisville, Texas, United States
“Great Job Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Arlington Hilton Hotel many times and every time has been a great experience. It is well located just one block west of SH360 an Lamar Blvd, so there is very easy access to all of the local venues such as Cowboy Stadium and The Ballpark at Arlington. DFW Airport is a close 15 minute trip , and the shuttle is very convenient for the folks coming in from out of town. Love Field Airport is a short 20 minute trip into Dallas. Fort Worth is about the same distance to the west. The staff is wonderful and were proactively looking for better ways to serve us. I will definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone looking for a great place for a personal vacation or for a business function.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thanks for the kind note...we agree, we are a short distance to everything you need while in Dallas Fort Worth. We love taking care of our guests and it shows in our service and the many positive reviews here, just like yours. We look forward to your next visit.

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and I appreciated the fact the did a full renovation and didn't just touch up the paint and furnishings. Nice sized room and I really appreciated the fact the room had a refrigerator. I like the location because there are tons of food options and you're less than 10 miles to the airport and the car rental center on the south side. Good looking indoor/outdoor pool. Nice customer service too. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about which floors/rooms have been renovated.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Yes, we are in the middle of an entire hotel wide renovation, and the guest rooms are brand new. We are excited about even more great changes coming in the next 12 - 14 months. We look forward to your return!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was my first time that I stayed in this hotel. The experience was amazing: very nice staff, wide rooms and very clean. I would stay there again without doubt.
It is located just infront Six Flag Arlington

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are located right across the street from Six Flags over Texas as well as Hurricane Harbor water parks. Our family friendly staff understand how to make you feel right at home and we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you back again.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Warm Texas welcome. Had a recent stay at the Arlington TX Hilton and the services: Shuttle, front desk, room, restaurant, katering, and even the bas where all above expectation. I strongly recomment for business and personal stay in the Arlington TX. region. Jean, Montreal, QC. Canada.

Room Tip: Business, any room will be perfect, with kids attending Six Flags, front room would be great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice note, we are the premier hotel for Dallas Arlington Texas, and the only place to stay for Dallas Cowboy football games. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm there for one week each quarter. The staff are all amazing, polite, helpful and would probably wash my car if I asked them to. They have free shuttle vans going everywhere. The bar makes good drinks and the restaraunt has a diverse menue selection. I read the review from Sarah M. Most of what she complains about could be said for any other hotels in the country. This is nothing unique. All hotels need a credit card to hold a room and if you want early check-in, it needs to be aranged for inadvance. This goes for any hotel. I simply called in the night before and was in my room at 1PM the next day. They just made arrangements to have that room cleaned first. And yes, the rooms are spotless. I'm thinking hard and I can't come up with something to complain about.

This hotel is far up in the upper exilon of hotels in this price range.

Room Tip: My trick to avoid noise from the weekend bar noise is to get a high room facing south. It's perf...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks for the nice note, we appreciate your business. Our team works very hard to ensure every one of our guests leaves happy and excited to come back! We look forward to your return to the Dallas Arlington Hilton Hotel.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Sept 29, 2012--and the hotel was fine at the time. The rooms were clean, but the hallway was really noisy, since we stayed right next to the housekeeping closet. Check-in was a mess--since no one was allowed to check in before 3pm, so there were dozens of people in the lobby. If you are looking for a hotel that allows for an early check-in, then this might not be the place for you. It is close to the Ballpark, so I made a second reservation for the Hilton Arlington for a playoff game.

I experienced horrible customer service when managing the second reservation with the hotel. I booked the reservation through a corporate personal travel site that allows you to book without a credit card, but if you do not show up by 6pm, your reservation is automatically cancelled.

The Rangers didn't make the playoffs, so I didn't end up going to Arlington. The day after the reservation there was a charge on my friend's credit card for the price of the hotel. She stayed with me last time and someone from the hotel decided to override the cancellation policy and use her credit card from my last stay. This ended up creating a huge mess, since my friend did not give the hotel permission to charge her card and had no tie to the reservation I was charged for.

Trying to get this fixed was a nightmare. The hotel didn't call me back until three days later, after their corporate office told them they must refund what they charged. Once they did call, I was told a couple of things: "someone must have mixed this up with our 2013 policy change." And "this card was tied to your Hilton profile"--which it wasn't. At the end of the day, the hotel did not take ownership of using a credit card without permission and knowing that the policy agreement was changed by them after the fact. I went back to the booking site a couple of days ago, and I have a screenshot of the policy still stating that an automatic cancellation would take place.

The GM implied that this was my fault and that the reservation was non-refundable. This mix up caused a huge fight between my friend and I, and I don't think this staff realizes that actions like these affect people. They do not put customer service before profits. My friend was refunded after about a week, but the Hilton Arlington was not worth my grief. There are a number of hotels in the area that are nice, so next time I will be staying at one of them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your feedback. Our cancellation policy is the same as every other hotel's and we are very careful to review this with all reservations prior to booking. We appreciate your note and do hope you will stay with us again upon future visits to Arlington.
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

As an adult with a busy schedule and busy life, it is a relief to be able to go on a mini vacation and be spoiled like the Hilton in Arlington did. They greeted me promptly and the staff was nothing short of amazing. The bellhop took my bags to my room and later the next day I saw him walking through the hotel and he still greeted me by name. I am sure he had several customers to take care of but it was that attention to details and customer service that will keep me coming back. Great job guys keep up the good work. While I was there I went the bar and the bartender Sam, was amazing friendly and I am ready to book my next stay right now... thanks again for the great attitude and experience

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We are very proud of our team members and I will ensure to pass along your kind comments to them. We look forward to seeing you again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!