“Hilton Arlington Newly Remodeled and Accomadating” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Football Fan Package
Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“Hilton Arlington Newly Remodeled and Accomadating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over six years ago and all I can say is WOW, what a differance from the rooms, staff and service. The newly remodeled room and king size bed are one of the cleanest and most comfortable nights sleep I have had in a hotel in quite some time.The Room and Lobby are are well maintained and very spotless.

Conrads Restaurant has a fantastic breakfast buffet and the staff were very nice and on the ball as well as in Septembers their nightclub/sports bar adjacent to Conrads. I would recomend this as an alternative to satying in Dallas as it's only a 15-20 minute drive to downtown Dallas.

Only minutes from Arlington Stadium, home of the Rangers and the new Cowboy stadium and the hotel's shuttle will provide complimentary shuttle service to both venues

Room Tip: 1202 is a mini suite with two tvs and work area for your computer!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for the feedback, we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Wauconda, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here to attend the Dallas/Chicago football game. The location is great. So much to do in the area. Friendly staff, nice clean room and transportation available to the stadium, which was great to have. I like the Hilton family hotels anyway and this one is tops.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are the hotel to stay at for all Dallas Cowboy football games, we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Very nice and clean facility with an awesome staff. Very friendly and extremely helpful. Room service was excellent and very prompt. Breakfast was fantastic with a remarkably courteous staff. I am looking forward to many more trips to the area and will make this Hilton my home away from home. I have recommended it to my coworkers. Again thanks.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for the nice comments and I agree, my staff is the best around! We pride ourselves on our guest interaction each and every day. We look forward to seeing you back again as our guest.
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Prompt, friendly, helpful staff! Lightbulbs were out when we unloaded. We left to go eat & by the time we got back they were replaced. The room & facilities were clean & well maintained. Only negative is that the bathrooms are fairly small. Overall a good experience. Would definitely do it again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and I am glad my staff took such good care of you. We look forward to seeing you back again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here to attend the Lone Star Classic Football Festival at Dallas Cowboys Stadium. The hotel was in great shape, and the room was very clean and modern. I don't normally eat at hotel restaurants, but I did twice at this one. The service was prompt and friendly. It's not ideal, but it's possible to walk from here to either the football stadium or baseball park. It's only a short ride if traveling by car. The hotel also offered a free shuttle service to the stadium, but it wasn't available by the time the game was over late that night. This hotel is also right across the highway from Six Flags.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thanks for the nice feedback on the hotel, we are glad you had a good experience. We are the ideal location for all events at both Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys stadiums. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is not the Hilton I have come to trust so adamantly! I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in Hiltons worldwide. Hilton has built a name I felt I could trust. I wish I would have read these reviews sooner. This property is not Hilton standards by any stretch. Everything about it screams "RENOVATE ME!!!" From driving into the parking lot, I knew that the property was beneath the Hilton standard. The check in process was very slow but the folks were very nice. We entered our room and it smelled old, looked old, just wasn't what we've come to know. We were given a whopping 2 towels upon arrival. I will say, the rooms and common areas were clean. I had no problem with the sanitary conditions of the property. We purchased the shuttle tickets to get to and from the game and it was a good deal after seeing what the properties around stadium charge for parking (up to $90!). We paid $20 each for the round trip tickets. I would venture to say that the shuttle service people are outsourced. Upon our return from the game, the shuttle shepherd treated as bad as I've ever been treated by anyone in the "hospitality" industry. Getting back to the hotel, I promptly complained to the front desk about the man's behaviour but there was nothing they could do without his name (really?!) At any rate, this place needs a face lift. It's perfectly good if you just want a place to rest your head but based on the Hilton prices, I'd suggest heading a block down to the La Quinta and get the same quality (or better) for quite a bit less. P.S. When I asked for more towels, I was given 2 for the next day...only 2.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinion with regards to your stay. We are renovating the hotel and there are many more exciting changes coming in the future months. Many guests do indeed take advantage of our shuttle service to and from events at both professional stadiums. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.
Hoover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Last September, I stayed at the Hilton Arlington (TX) and had an outstanding experience, so it was only natural to return there when business brought me to Arlington on the corresponding weekend this year. To sum it up, the property is even better now, in part thanks to the renovated rooms, and because it offers a $6 shuttle to and from Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys games (saving you endless aggravation by not doing the driving yourself, and quite a few dollars in parking fees as well).

At check in, the front desk clerk offered me the choice of a Diamond upgrade to a pre-renovation suite (like I stayed in last year) or a renovated regular king-bedded room. She recommended the renovated room, so I went with her choice and it was the right move.

The renovated rooms have terrific beds with really good pillows, and the sheets are very comfortable. Flat screen tv's are complemented by a wide array of channels that include everything from ESPN, ESPN-2, ESPN-U and ESPN News to enough Spanish Language channels to satisfy anyone in need of the bi-lingual side. The tv's are the right size for the room and the right distance from the bed, so if you like watching before going to sleep, its perfect.

Bathroom amenities are excellent, with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, large bath-size soap bar with unique massage "bumps" and a "handle" on one end and a shower-gel that works very nicely. The bath-shower combo has the new curved-style side and a double-curtain to keep the water inside. The curtain is the right size and length (I've noticed quite a few properties where this is a problem).

The sofa is large and deep, with an extra piece on the end so you can really "put your legs up and stretch out." The desk is a modern working station with ample electrical outlets. If you're a wireless fan, you'll be really pleased with the wireless - the hotel was sold out during my stay, but I never had a problem with signal strength and never lost the connection.

(Don't worry about being in a pre-renovation room or suite - they are fine, just a little bit different look and furniture.)

If you are a Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond, take the free breakfast as the perk. It is a wide-ranging buffet with properly prepared and maintained items ranging from very good scrambled eggs to reall fresh fruit salad (not the kind that has that off-taste caused by preservatives), and from real oatmeal to make-your-own yogurt sundaes. If there is a negative, its the bagels, which are dull, clearly a cheap frozen immitation - but there are so many other breads to choose from, that it doesn't matter much. Oh, yes, the french toast was top of the line, too. One other note: many buffets get messy because of guests who spill things, but the staff keeps a watchful eye on this and cleans the spills immediately.

The wait-staff in the restaurant was more than attentive - at one point, when I went back up to the buffet, I returned to find my orange juice glass re-filled, even though I had not asked for more. Three different servers checked on me periodically, and when it was time to leave, they were on the spot with the check when requested.

There is also a free shuttle to/from DFW Airport, leaving the hotel on the hour. Two drivers ensure that you can get there, although there may sometimes be confusion about going at "off" times. Just be sure to reserve the night before if possible, and then double-check in the morning as a precaution (something I learned years ago).

If you have a group, be sure to contact Sherry Gutkowski, the sales manager we worked with - she is eager to find solutions and get you inside her doors. The large group that was in-house during my stay was absolutely delighted and will certainly return during its next trip to the area according to its leaders.

The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner. Although I did not eat either meal there, my assistant ate dinner and was really pleased. Given that we're on the road a good bit, I trust his judgement on restaurants and reasonable pricing.

I recommend this property and will return there again next year when I visit Arlington on business.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms and you'll move from very good to terrific accommodations.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for all of the kind words in your review, we are very proud of our hotel and our team. We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you back again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton Hotel.

James Shandor

Been to Hilton Arlington? Share your experiences!