“Average to poor” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Average to poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I will start by saying that I never liked hotels with access to rooms from the street, but I only realized this when I got there since the pictures on their website were not clear.
The rooms were spacious but not perfectly clean (not what you expect in a hotel at least).
Employees were polite and helpful. The breakfast was decent although you had to find someone to bring more things all the time since it had very small quantities of everything. The breakfast area is very small and dirty, like the reception area. The price is ok, but I am sure I would be able to find something better on the same price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I wasn't even supposed to stay here. Priceline.com (Name Your Own Price) has me at another nearby hotel, but when I arrived to check in, they were suffering a power outage. So I called Priceline customer service and they moved me to a comparable nearby hotel, which turned out to be this little gem, the Best Western Cooper Inn & Suites.

I was in Room 116, near the end, and stayed Sunday thru Thursday. Absolutely no problems - no bed bugs, no smoke smell, no rowdy neighbors, no insects, not a problem ONE. Not many times in my 49 years have I stayed at such a trouble-free hotel. The shower was perfect (pressure, temperature, cleanliness) and the room was very well-equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge, and sofa with coffee table, plus a work desk.

Should I need to be in this area again, I will definitely keep this little 2-star find on my short-list of nice, comfortable, clean, affordable, trouble-free hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
El Sobrante, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had a 2 item list - have all the stuff, and the room should not smell like smoke. The could not manage this.
They gave me 3 rooms in 2 days, and couldn't get the list completed. I told them the 2nd time that I was going to work and they had to move me during the day, because if I moved myself, I was going to move to the Marriot.
Room 1 - no couch or upholstered chair, just 2 office charis, funky smell, but not horrible.
Room 2 - horrible smoky smell, w/cigarette burns on the paintwork, no ironing board, no shampoo.
Room 3 - very bad cigarette smell, and the desk chair was jammed in the down position. I had to flip it and fix it myself.
STAFF - some good, training needed for some, and absolutely no oversight on the maintenance personnel. When they moved me, the clothes I had laid out were in a pile, and then needed ironing.
I've stayed here 4-5 times in the last few years, but will never return.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you accept it.l
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Del Rio, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very poor service for being a Gold Returns member, was not considered or gone to help me out. My room was suppose to be ready at 3:00, waited until 4:00 and still was not ready until I check in at midnight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Don't stay in room 109 is next to sprinkles system and you get horrible noise in middle night. Location is great, staff not so helpful, didn't want to print me a receipt cause it was free stay voucher even though at other locations I got one with no problems. Their computer system is pretty bad.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Cooper Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!