“Great Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Longview, Texas
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I needed a place in this area so we stayed here again for the second time. We were very happy. First, the girl that checked us in ( Tanwa ) treated us like we were family! What a great smile to see after getting out of the car and a long drive! Checked us in very quickly, recognised us as Hilton members. And in true fashion, upgraded us to a beautiful room. Thank you Tanwa! This was a big room. What we really liked was the furnishings, paintings, and plants in the room. Classy. Flatscreen t.v. pulls out from the wall and turns towards the couch or bed! Never heard a noise from anyone. heavenly bed. Throw in the free parking, internet, and great breakfast, and it's hard to beat! People, check this place out. You wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back and high up!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It is your basic chain hotel experience-clean, safe and some-what comfortable bed. I did think 119 per night was a bit pricey since it is just Arlington, but I guess it had the Cowboys game factor added to the price. Oh, and the walls were a bit thin for being a newer hotel. Other than that no issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MaryRyglewiczGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hello Hampton Traveler,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites - Arlington/South. I appreciate your feedback about your stay with us. Our goal is to make sure each guest has an outstanding stay and it doesn't seem we were able to stand out. If you have specific details about how we can improve I would love to hear about them. The voice of our valued guests is our most valuable tool to continue improving our service. I hope when traveling to Arlington in the future you will give us another try to earn your business. Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing!!!

Yours in Hospitality,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

From the moment I called the Hampton Inn from the airport to arrange a shuttle to the moment we checked out...it all far exceeded my expectations. Rosie behind the desk was very very friendly and helpful, any time I saw her she asked how my stay was and if there was anything she could do to help. We also got great recommendations on food in the area as well as a great taxi driver-whom we hired over and over. Let me not forget to mention how friendly the shuttle driver was too. The breakfast was of the typical hotel breakfast fare but did the trick for my on the go weekend. The room was clean upon arrival, and spacious for 3 adults. I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room faced the two sports stadiums, added a cool factor to us!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio,Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I booked two nights at this Hampton Inn. Check in went smoothe,and we were told breakfast would be served in the lobby area in the a.m. The next morning we got up and headed to the lobby to get our coffee and comp. breakfast. Unfortunately the halls were full of people as was the lobby. There was not a seat to be had in the lobby. They were holding a job fair all day. We came and went at 9,11,& 3 and there was never a seat available In the lobby. A woman at 9 a.m.was barking instructions about drug testing and criminal histories to the lobby full of folks. When we tried to get a piece of toast,one of the job fair attendees was helping himself with his hands to the bread and pastries. We did not see an attendant monitoring the breakfast area. We returned to our room because of this. A friend came to pick my husband and myself up And had to park about a block away because there wasn't any parking......
At check out I was prepared to let them know we were not 100% satisfied as is their guarantee ,but was never asked how our stay was. Sent a complaint to their customer contact line 4 days ago and still no word......very disappointed. I believe in creative business strategy, but not if it compromises customer service to other guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MaryRyglewiczGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Valued Hampton Guest,

Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the crowded event held during your visit. My Team and I have reviewed our policies and procedures for large events in our common space so we can be mindful of our other guests. Your feedback has assisted us in making some changes to these types of events, so I truly appreciate your honest feedback so that we know how to improve in the future. I apologize for my delay in returning your call, and would love for you to contact me directly so that I can make this situation right with you. I look forward to another opportunity to earn back your business for future stays in Arlington!

Best wishes,
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I needed a place in this area and chose this hotel. We were very happy. Its traditional Hampton Inn. Which is a good thing in our book. The room was clean, everything good quailty, and very nice clean bathroom. The location is great. Its quiet, easy to get to, and in a great location. Pool- Nice, clean, waterfalls, and a cool covered area to gather in and get out of the sun periodically while " playing ". Breakfast was good as allways at Hamptons. And a big kuddos to the girl who was working that morning. " Chantel ". She was very friendly, big smile, and went out of her way to help me out. We will stay here again when needing a place in this area. Good job here Hampton.

Room Tip: Nothing to say here. Except maybe to get a room on the top floor, just in case there are kids in the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MaryRyglewiczGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hello Hampton Inn Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Arlington, TX. I am pleased to hear that the amenities and services you have come to expect from the Hampton Brand were delivered to your satisfaction. I cannot wait to share the great news with my team. As well, I am more than excited to recognize Chantel for a job well done. She is a leader in providing “Hamptonality” to all of our guests and we are lucky to have her on our team. Please accept my sincerest gratitude for your feedback during your stay. We look forward to providing you with another 100% satisfaction guaranteed stay during your next visit to Arlington. Thanks again for staying Hampton!

Yours in hospitality,
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My Family of 3 stayed here for a Family Reunion, otherwise we would have stayed else where. It was clean and friendly however, the Front desk didn't know what perks we were entitled to as Gold Members with Hilton, told us to call the 1-800 number. Really! I don't like the Coffee maker set up in the bathroom...next to the toilet. YUCK! YIKES!! just plain GROSS!! Hotel was quiet but made up for it at around 6 am, the fire alarm went off and stayed on for more than an hour! There was no one from the Hotel, directing, explaining or evacuating the guest. Matter of fact, our daughter took it upon herself to attempt to call the front desk for info, no one answered! she knocked on doors, people were unsure if it was real or a false alarm, they were lounging around, still having breakfast, we decided to check the heck out since we were planning to check out at 10 am but there was no relaxing and sleeping in there to be had with the ALARM blarring in our rooms! The desk said they were trying to turn it off...for the next hour! For us, the Hotel was good for a nights check in but I will check some others places out if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello Valued Hampton Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback during your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions have allowed me an opportunity to improve the safety procedures of our hotel. If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to another opportunity to meet your needs in the future.

Best regards,
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. Initial thoughts were that this was a comfortable hotel. The rooms are well equipped, there are ice machines and you can easily get refreshments at any time. The hotel staff have overall been pretty friendly and until my next to last day all was pretty good here.
If you have read any of my other reviews - you will realise that I always try to give a balanced opinion which is based on my experience at the time and this is the same.
So, on the Friday I decided it would be a good morning to work at the hotel before going on-site in the afternoon for work. As it was my next to last day, it was also a good time to sort out my laundry. The in-room hotel guide clearly states that the hotel offers dry cleaning and laundry services and if you then hand that in to reception at 9am you will receive it back the same day. Great, I thought, so I duly completed the form selecting all the right boxes and again noting what it said on the form about timings and head to reception to drop it off. There, I am told that they don't do laundry - only dry cleaning and that there is a guest laundry room on the 2nd floor. Hmmm.....not so good. I then spent most of my morning between my room, reception and the laundry room getting all m things washed, dried and getting extra quarters .
The very same morning, I am happily working away when the Internet drops out. I just think that this is a temporary thing with the wifi dropping out. However, after about 30 minutes of trying to connect via cable and wi-fi, I call down to reception who tell me that the system is being upgraded that morning and that the service will be intermittent and would not be back for a while. Do they not think it would be a good thing to let guests know about these things a simple note or even a sign in reception to inform people in the morning when they come down to the lobby area for breakfast?
Also on the same day, I've read in the in-room manual that they provide a shuttle service to the airport. So, I go and enquire and they say- yes they do, but only to Arlington airport not to DFW. When you stay here, you will be able to see Arlington airport - in fact you can walk to it in about 20 minutes!
Note to hotel - make your handbooks clearer and update or amend them please!
And so on to my last day. I've got a long day ahead of me and I want a lie in. Unfortunately, my peace was shattered at 6.30 when the fire alarms went off. I duly got myself up and set off to go down the necessary routes. As I left my room, people are milling around in the corridors wondering what is happening. Me and another guest manage to get into an elevator (thought these things didn't work in these circumstances) and when we arrive in the lobby, the guy at reception is saying no need to worry, there is no fire, you can go back to your room and no need to evacuate. Maybe I am wrong, but isn't the safety of the guests of paramount importance and you should get all people out until the fire brigade has told everyone it is safe to go back in? Or at least evacuate and then let everyone know rather than leaving people wondering what to do? The outcome by the way was that there was a small fire in the hotels' laundry room - and I didn't think that they had a laundry service! The general manager in the meantime has come out and announced to everyone that has come to the lobby that everything is ok and that our safety is paramount. Sorry people, but if that's the case and you know there has been a fire (no matter how small) your priority is to get people out and evacuate to a safe area where at least you can let people know what is happening in a controlled and safe area. It took over an hour to get the alarms all reset so, staying in your room wasn't really an option. And by the way - the guy on reception should not joke that there was no wake up call just an alarm call ....... Not funny.
The fitness room is way too small - you can't promote health and well being as part of your USP and then provide 2 treadmills and a cross trainer for a hotel with over 100 rooms!
Back to the positives then. The rooms are clean although you can here people above moving around far too easily. The staff were overall very friendly and typical of the good American service you get (UK service industries, hotels, restaurants, supermarkets and shops all take note here!). The help yourself breakfast was always good and fresh too. I know I have given a low opinion of the hotel based on this one experience, but I think if I hadn't neede any of those things when I did and if the alarm hadn't gone off I would have given a better overall review.
So, on balance - yes, I perhaps would stay again - but be ready with a pile of quarters to do my laundry, a cab firm number to get to the airport and a set of ear plugs,

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the elevator area where you have those and the ice machines rumbling away at a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hello Hampton Traveler,

Thank you for your valued feedback regarding your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced. Your comments and suggestions are important to me and I am grateful for the opportunity to correct the issues at hand. I look forward to another opportunity to have you as my guest and hope that I can assist you when your travels bring you back to the Arlington area. If I may be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Mary Ryglewicz

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South? Share your experiences!