“great place to eat with friends.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cloudcroft, New Mexico, United States
“great place to eat with friends.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had the sampler platters, my daughter is a vegetarian so it would be nice if they had more choices. I loved my East Coast Sampler, the stuffed shrimp and crab cake were my favorites. The service is okay, we thought that they could have been a bit quicker as they were not that busy when we visited. All in all, good food and pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

marfa
“after baseball spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

stays open late, so you can eat after baseball games. I only every get the crab bucket with no seasoning and I am always happy. People I eat with go all over the menu with mixed success, but if the place is called crab shack--why get anything else?? friendly staff and last time we went there was a guy making balloon animals for tips, my nephew was enthralled.

Visited May 2013
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Many times tried... all fails”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I know we are a land locked community but come on guys.... When I have to go to Hooters to get better crab legs... well, enough said.

“family dinner nite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

our family loves joes crab shack, fun place to eat very good food, and the drinks are good also, we try to eat here often when it comes to sea food, not over priced,

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Chain - but avoid Arlington, TX”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have eaten at a lot of these places, and the food is always great. Ate at the one in Arlington, TX on 3/20/13. Food good as always, but the service was deplorable. Took and hour for the food to show-up. 45 min for a bear (after 3 requests) and only did get a tea refill from managr. Never did get ketchup for the fries ( 2 times we asked). We even had to get up and go ask the hostess for shell crackers (for the crab) and silverware. Three tables around us came, ate, paid and left before we even got our food. Was a big B-day party going on, and our waitress was dancing with the party while we sat and waited. Manager came by, and when we asked her why our waitress was dancing when her customers were awaiting service, her reply, "We have to do that when they request it." Manager did discount our ticket. So I if you want to eat here, I suggest you go in and ask your waitress to dance. At least she'll stay around your table and maybe give you some service. Management here needs some serious training from headquarters.

• Visited March 2013