“A great meal with my family” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Garrison Texas
“A great meal with my family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I love seafood, but I hardly ever get to eat it. We ate at Pappadeaux before the game between Baylor and Texas Tech at Cowboy Stadium, AT & T Stadium. I had the seafood platter. It comes with fried shrimp, stuffed crab and stuffed shrimp, with french fries. The food was excellent. My husband had the fried catfish and he said that it was great, with no fishy taste.

• Visited November 2013

East Haven, CT
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We recently visited here and my husband wanted something different for his birthday dinner. Excellent choice! The food was fantastic -- I had the pan-seard tilapia and my husband had the crawfish etouffee. Our server Will was great -- I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday and he said to save room for dessert because he had one coming for free. I also ordered a cappuccino with dessert and Will mentioned that the machine was broken so I ordered a regular coffee instead. The charge for the coffee was not on the bill. Very fast and attentive service. We are so glad we tried Pappadeaux's. We will definitely return if we are back in the area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Exceptional in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

It's not often I give a rating of 5 stars but Pappadeaux's deserves it.

My wife and I went on a Friday around 4pm (before the dinner rush hits). Our service was prompt, polite and accurate.

We got the lobster bisque and blackened alligator as appetizers. We split the Chilean Sea Bass for an entree. It was one of the best meals we have ever had.

The ambiance is always well done at Pappadeaux. Bathrooms were clean. No complaints. Overall it was a 5 star experience.

• Visited October 2013
Arlington, TX
“They made it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This Papadeaux location is very near our home, so we are here at least once a month.

The food is always very good to excellent and we never have anything to complain about, but on our last visit, we had a problem with the bar/beverage service.

The large draft beer (in this case Shiner Bock) is always served in a frosted "schooner" glass that is so cold it keeps the beer chilled until you finish it (yeah, not ideal for a craft beer, but I'm half central Texas German, and Shiner Bock is only one notch stronger than mother's milk for me.) This time, the beer glass was not even cold when it got to the table. I suspect it stood too long at the bar. I don't know if the problem was a bar that was too busy, or a server that was inexperienced and let it stand at the bar too long or what, but it was both surprising and disappointing.

We seldom complain about anything and usually "vote with our feet", but this location has been so consistently excellent and it is so conveniently located, we hated to cross it off our list, so we did complain. The manager replaced the beer at no charge (not a common occurrence with alcoholic beverages in many establishments.) We both mentioned we were also disappointed in the Lobster bisque, (compared to previous visits,) so he deleted the charge for it, as well.

I was so impressed, that this is still my favorite restaurant that is close to home and has consistent seafood meals.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Wonderful food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently visited here and the restaurant was very laidback and had excellent food. We started with the lobster/crabmeat dip and it was delicious. The portions are huge so be prepared to take home a box. The only drawback was the tables were really close together - I felt like I could reach over and try others food (it looked great). Wonderful decorations and the outside porch was great for taking pictures

• Visited September 2013