“beware the bad service, but food is good.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
arlington, tx
“beware the bad service, but food is good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

This is my first time trying at Tandoor. The service is so unfriendly to the students or younger crowd here. Maybe I was walking in with a hoodies. That’s what happened to me during their lunch buffet.
I sat down and started to pick some dishes to enjoy.
The waitress (she’s nicer, at least she’ll give you a smile) and the Waiter (with an Indian cap) never come to my table, collect piles of plates only once, and ask you “can you pay now?”
Once you’ve paid, when you ask to fill up that cup of water, that waiter first ask you “Did you paid?”, and double check your billing binder.
Then, he’ll come and fill you “tons of water” in your cup until it leaks out on your table, walk away and never come back again.
I guess it made me a lesson not to dress hoddies at Tandoor, maybe it’s a Zagat Rated restaurant. If you look 30 or older and coming here for a lunch, then you’ll feel like this is the place to go.
Overall, the food is good, but do expect to be treated differently if you look young with no high paying jobs. If you know it up front and enjoy the food there, then you won’t feel surprise like I did last time.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of the first and BEST Indian food buffets in DFW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

One of the first and BEST Indian food buffets in DFW

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food at a decent price especially at lunch during the buffet but the food is better when ordered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

A TripAdvisor Member
“Yum! If you like spinach, try Palak Paneer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

This place has a great reputation in town--has been here a long time--longer than me and I came in '86. At lunch (at least on weekdays) there is a buffet--among my favorite of their dishes is the spinach with cheese--I particularly like to eat this with the flat bread that is made with chic peas. There are also some chicken dishes and others that are excellent-- even better when ordered off the menu, and made/dished up fresh for you! Quite a variety from which to choose, but if you are not familiar with Indian food, start with the weekday lunch buffet.

My Indian friends have different opinions on the food--one said even better than most he'd had back home; another said some dishes were too heavy on the oil/grease for his taste. I have to go back every now and then, myself, just for another taste of that wonderful spinach with cheese (What is it called?.. Palak Paneer....YUM!)

Coming from the BallPark/6-flags/North Collins tourist area...just head west on 30, take Fielder South ...and pull into the parking lot on the Northwest corner of Fielder & Randoll Mill Road (on your right--there's a Blockbuster on that corner). I have no stake in this business--just thought I'd tip off a few tourists who do their homework (or some Indians new to town and looking for some "comfort food") to one of Arlington's little treasures.