“Good Italian, just not a place for kids” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo Mondo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 656 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Collins
Anchorage, Ak
“Good Italian, just not a place for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We knew going there that it wasn't going to be a real kid-friendly establishment, but we had a hankerin' for Italian and this place had been recommended.
We went for a Friday afternoon lunch, and although expensive (dare I say overpriced?) the food was delish.
The best part for me was our server. She was very attentive and courteous, and was not put out by the fact that we brought a child into a bistro. I guess it helps to have a well-behaved one :)

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Texas
“Nice ambiance, older crowd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

8f you aren't familiar with the area it's not in the best part of town. 8t's in an old strip center with Whole Foods. We had 8:15 reservations, I was taken aback that we didn't get seated until 8:30. In the mean time we sat in the foyer and people watched. It appeared that most of the people in here were a couple generations older than us, we spotted some Golden Girls look-a-likes. My husband replied this better not be luby's for the wealthy. We were seated in the front of the building away from the bar and piano. The piano was nice at first but in the hour we were there we heard happy birthday at least 3 times. Our waiter was friendly and our water was refilled like clockwork. I had a nice glass of chardonay and the salmon special. You get a choice of soup or salad, I chose the salad. I was a little surprised when it came out. To be considered "fine" dining the dishes looked like they came from the dollar store. The salmon was good, a little too much butter for my taste. It came with spinach which was nothing special and some roasted potatoes. It was a good meal however nothing memorable. That special was $24. My husband had a beef tenderloin which he requested medium. He ate it and said it was ok but it was definately not medium,it was still red. His came with the same 2 sides and cost about $32. Maybe we should have tried something more italian. It's a toss up of if we will return. He wasn't impressed. It was a lot of soft foods that needed to be contrasted texturally. This is definately not a place to take small children! My grandparents would probably like this place but not sure if I would reccommend to my 30 something friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
crowley, tx
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

From the unimposing strip mall facade you'd be surprised at what's inside. Food was excellent, service was outstanding. Yes, it IS pricey but this is an upscale restaurant - that's part of it. If you want inexpensive Italian don't look for it here. But if you're looking for a great dining experience, you'll find it at Piccolo Mondo.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pretty standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Italian cuisine is not a forte in North Texas - sorry, just not enough Italians here! Good standard fare - but just that. Old conservative Arlington.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“Best place in town for terrific food and atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Always a great piano player at the grand piano which is a good thing too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere