“Good for a change from your usual theater experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 16 Attractions in Arlington
Mansfield, Texas
28 attraction reviews
“Good for a change from your usual theater experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We've been going to this theater since it opened a few years ago. Initially it was nicer, but since the Groupon offerings are constant, it's gone down some. Primarily, the seating is crowded. The chairs are nice, executive style, but they've crammed so many in one row that you can barely get in/out or sit without elbowing your neighbor. We always sit at the counter because I'm afraid the tables would be blocked by the people in front of us.

Food is expensive, but then again, all theater food is. They offer popcorn and candy, but that's not why you come here. Pizza, salads, hamburgers, even ribs. And alcoholic drinks, too.

All seating is now reservation only. Book online. If you walk-in you will be upfront and miserable. Join the crowd, and purchase a groupon to save $ on tickets.

Serving staff has declined in quality. The people now are just ok. Not great, not bad either.

Visited March 2014

Arlington, Texas
“SMG is A OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I liked the food and the movie. I didn't like the seating or the old food smell in the carpet. I wish this location had the new stadium seating option because the servers struggle to maneuver through the area. The older man whose chair was bumped several times was also distracting. But hey the food is good and they have good week day deals.

Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Skip this theatre, go have dinner at your fave place instead.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My son and I stopped in, killing time before a Cowboys game, and on a groupon. While the concept of this place is good, everything beyond that is not. People stand around in line, in the same waiting area, for all movies. About 10 minutes before your movie starts, one of the hostesses yells out something barely audible and everyone thinks it's their time to be seated. Think of a cattle herd. The theatre is not stadium style, it's completely flat. Everyone sits in a leather office-type chair. The waiters do a sufficient job but I had to turn on my call button just to get my check. Overall, skip this place. Have dinner at your favorite restaurant and then go to another movie theatre. Happy travels!

Visited December 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Don't Go!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

First off let me say that I started going here back in 2009 and this place was very nice and exclusive. Since, this place has went down in customer service and food service. Since the Groupon's have started rolling out everything has went down in overall experience. The food has been coming t us cold and Pepsi watered down. I started going to AMC Dine-in in Grapevine

Visited November 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Could be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was my first time here and I don't think I'll go again. The ticket lady recommended the table seats, but these seats aren't tiered and have a full row of people sitting at a counter right in front on the same level. These seats aren't really great unless you plan on eating and are also tall. Because I'm short, I wasn't able to see above the head of the very large lady in front of me and thus had a portion of the bottom of the movie obscured the entire time. The chairs are like office chairs... fairly comfortable, but then again not the best choice for theater seating. Also it was very distracting to have waiters pass through in front of me periodically to bring food over or hand people checks. I probably won't come here again unless it's a movie I don't care too much about. I'd recommend only if you like the menu and can reserve early enough to get good seating (counter seats).

Visited November 2013