“Great food, awful service!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #313 of 704 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Pacific Rim, Asian fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Piranha Killer Sushi is a premier dining destination for exquisite sushi and cuisine. KILLER SUSHI - KILLER DRINKS - KILLER ATMOSPHERE Piranha Killer Sushi serves up a twist on Japanese cuisine by fusing flavors of the Pacific Asian Rim into traditional classics as well as unique signature dishes. Piranha Killer Sushi has locations in North Arlington, South Arlington, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio with more locations on the way. Stellar guests relations and customer service is our goal as well as connecting and giving back to our communities. Piranha Killer Sushi has partnered with charities such as The Boys & Girls Club, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, March of Dimes and many more as well as conducting annual toy and canned food drives. We Welcome You to Piranha Killer Sushi!
Dallas, Texas
“Great food, awful service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have been going to Piranha for two years. We LOVE the Latino roll. Our food is always fresh and very good. The wait staff is NOT good. It seems to be getting worse. Plan on being seated, waiting for someone to show up in 5-8 min. Take your drink order, return in another 8-10 min. Food orders take longer because it's freshly made. Once your food comes, kiss that waiter goodby! If your lucky you may get one drink fill, most times none! The restaurant is seldom, if not ever busy. If it was busy I would totally understand. The staff needs to be managed, it's awful. The food is great!

DFW
“Good Sushi, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had never eaten here and decided to try it when a Groupon came out. We started our meal with a plum saki and it was very tasty. Then we decided just to try the usual things we try when testing a new Japanese restaurant. The miso soup was good, although not as hot as we would have liked it (temperature wise). The tempura was well done -- HUGE shrimp and the coating was light. We had a sesame seared tuna appetizer and the sauces under it were very good ,and the tuna was fresh and very lightly seared, the way I like it. Then the sushi rolls came and they were awesome! They have a huge variety of rolls so anyone can likely find one they like. The only unpleasant occurrence was the waiter forgot to put in our tempura order, but when we asked about it she was very apologetic and offered something to compensate -- so my husband got a free ice cream, and it was large! We definitely plan to make this place one of our regular sushi stops.

• Visited August 2013
Cleburne, Texas
“One more try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Made reservations for Friday but they were not really necessary.The place was not as packed as the last time we attended.A hostess was supposed to call back and confirm reservations but they never did.Our waitress was helpful with our order and answered our questions.The mango tea was extremely watered down.My husband had the sushi plate and I had the Marry me roll with strawberries on top; both were very filling and we couldnt finish them.Service was prompt and faster maybe because there was no rush of people.One odd thing though; water was coming out from underneath my chair and my calves got wet; totally random mystery.If you want a special night with your significant other go have Pirahna's.

• Visited May 2013
Cleburne, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised sushi galore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

First time at this place and I was pleasantly surprised.Sushi is not new but I am new to it;always have been reluctant.Ordered a Philladelphia roll w avocado,rice and salmon.I admit not knowing what to expect but was a burst of taste and the fresh salmon to top it off was delicious.Had a side of wasabi and ginger made to look like a pink rose but dont let that fool you;both gave a notch of spice to the dish.My husband ordered a roll with seaweed and he was very pleased.The size of the roll is pretty big;of about 8 slices which even though light they are pretty filing.Our tab wasnt bad;less than $40 for both.It can be pretty busy and a tad noisy;I imagine there are quieter nights.Parking at The Highlands is kind of obsolete so be patient,it is worth a walk from any spot.Would certainly go back for more.

• Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Sushi in Arlington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My boss and I went here for lunch. I got the sashimi bento box and she got the teryaki box. She really enjoyed her meal. I LOVED mine. Their sashimi is always very fresh and the daily salads that come in the bento box are so good. In the past I have gotten their spider rolls which are also fantastic. Our waitress was also very courteous and attentive without being a bother. This is my favorite sushi restaurant in Arlington, by far.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
killersushitx, Guest Relations Manager at Piranha Killer Sushi, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoy our Bento Box lunches that come with a selection of salads and thanks for bringing the boss in too. Don't forget to join us for our daily happy hour when it's quitting time:)