“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sometimes Crowne Plazas can be good... this one made the cut. It's not far from the South exit to DFW and I got a decent Priceline rate. The decor is a bit odd (who picks this stuff), but the room seemed clean. Is this an old Embassy Suites? The room seemed to have the floor plan of the 1980s Embassy rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is perfect is your are staying for soome bussiness! Very friendly to work in for a week... great service.

The room are super big. They are very clean everyday. Its exactly what you see on the pictures.

The food at Equinox is great, the waiters are great with people and the bar is pa,k with everything.

• Stayed February 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Okay, when I was young, staying in a hotel was a big treat! Then as I got older, it was just a place to sleep and the people were just doing their job. Not this place! I believe these people ENJOY doing their job AND making you happy!! Anything I needed, they took care of it with a smile and happy attitude! NOT JUST THEIR JOB! They were like going home after a long stay away. I needed a sewing kit, by the time I got away I had a razon and cream too! I wasn't planning on staying the night after the TEXAS DIVE SHOW but I'm sure glad I did! They only need cookies now. Gary and the ladies at the desk wouldn't let you need anything!

Room Tip: I was in a no-smoking KING on the 3rd floor. Little heater noise but if that's all I have to com...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Norman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Attractive lobby, helpful staff, rooms/furnishings need attention. Stayed one night in a king non smoking suite. Room was clean, area spacious but when I sat on sofa, sunk almost to the floor! Also, bed pillows are horrible and bed was hard. Same type/size suite as embassy suites but without the breakfast and managers evening reception.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite for more room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear pirateis48,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness, staff and our lobby.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room furnishing and bed. we will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I chose this hotel because it is conveniently located near the Dallas Cowboy Stadium. The staff including the front desk to the bar and grill were very friendly and helpful! The room was comfortable and very nice as well as clean! I have zero complaints about my stay and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013
Brandon B, Human Resources at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear RhandaLee,

Thank you for the positive feedback of our hotel and especially the staff members! We are very fortunate to be so close to the new Dallas Cowboys stadium and also have the best team members around! Our front desk team recently won the most prestigious award of "Friendliest Front Desk Staff". We hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites the next time you are in town!
Best Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Crowne plaza hotel Texas Review:
• Gary Hotel receptionist – absolutely fabulous. Most helpful and courteous receptionist in the world. Must give him some sort of award.
• Barry – Server, at Equinox restaurant. Must give him some sort of award.
• Equinox restaurant exceptional food with huge servings.
• Lobby needs to have a door boy to carry bags. Something to consider.
• No power point near the desk area to plug in the laptop. Had to use the bathroom plug point to connect the laptop cable to its power point. Bring an extension cord if possible.
• No kettle in the room to make tea. Bring your own kettle portable travel one. They do have coffee maker.
• The hotel has a washer, dryer and a washing powder dispenser. Really good $1.50 per wash, $1.50 per dryer and $1.50 per washing powder.
• Newspaper daily free at your door.
• Free WIFI connection in the room.
• Hotel has plenty of outdoor car parking (200 plus spaces). So no issues at all when you hire a rent a car.
• Room is very big.
• Room service was good and they gave us a microwave to use in the room. 10 Stars.
• We stayed at the Hotel for 8 full Days. (10 Stars. Loved it)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brandon B, Human Resources at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Vinesho,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take a lot of pride in our customer service skills and I am very glad to hear to hear our staff met your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your kinds words to those employees. Next time you are in Texas, please come stay with us again,

Regards,
Yadkinville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed with the Crowne Plaza for 6 nights at the end of January 2013. The room was exceptionally nice. The two TV's were great and the King size bed was more comfortable than home. The staff was friendly and very accommodating.

I had two issues worth mentioning. There was an overcharge on my bill of about $60 from a misunderstanding with their national reservations center. The great news is Tiffany, the front office manager handled it with courtesy and professionalism. I received a credit within 2 days after our stay.

The 2nd floor room had a popping noise in the wall, most likely from expansion and contraction from a plumbing chase. It could be very annoying at night trying to sleep. So if you have a choice, ask for a room on the upper floors.

If we go back to Dallas, I wouldn't hesitate to visit the Crowne Plaza again. I just would request a quieter room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandon B, Human Resources at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear DannyJoG,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed our extremely comfortable mattress and to hear that Tiffany was able to correct the billing issue you had. As for the popping noise you heard, I appreciate you letting us know, so we can correct the problem. We hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Suites next time you are in Arlington,TX!

Regards,
Human Resources

Been to Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites? Share your experiences!