“Very Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Yadkinville, North Carolina
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed with the Crowne Plaza for 6 nights at the end of January 2013. The room was exceptionally nice. The two TV's were great and the King size bed was more comfortable than home. The staff was friendly and very accommodating.

I had two issues worth mentioning. There was an overcharge on my bill of about $60 from a misunderstanding with their national reservations center. The great news is Tiffany, the front office manager handled it with courtesy and professionalism. I received a credit within 2 days after our stay.

The 2nd floor room had a popping noise in the wall, most likely from expansion and contraction from a plumbing chase. It could be very annoying at night trying to sleep. So if you have a choice, ask for a room on the upper floors.

If we go back to Dallas, I wouldn't hesitate to visit the Crowne Plaza again. I just would request a quieter room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandon B, Human Resources at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear DannyJoG,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed our extremely comfortable mattress and to hear that Tiffany was able to correct the billing issue you had. As for the popping noise you heard, I appreciate you letting us know, so we can correct the problem. We hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Suites next time you are in Arlington,TX!

Regards,
Human Resources

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. Real nice place. No Complaints to speak of except maybe that it is VERY hot in the halls and atrium. Nice indoor heated pool and hot-tub. Exercise room ( very nice) Grill and bar. Starbucks, Free internet, free parking, Rooms are fairly new. The thing we really liked about the room was that it has a wet-bar, fridge, and a seperate bedroom. This is a really nice feature as it offers two t.v.'s. One in the common room and one in the bedroom. Everything was clean. Roomy bathroom. Close to everything in Arlington.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor wich is unusal. But because it is so hot the higher you go up, I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mur018,

Thanks for taking the time to review our award winning hotel! I am pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
Albany, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Great stay! I loved having two rooms, one to work in and one to sleep. Restaurant on site was good, although nothing great. Perfect for room service as well. Staff was very polite and great location right off two major highways. If you have business in Arlington - stay here

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike B,

Thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor! We take a lot of pride in our hotel and I would like to hear more about your restaurant service that was nothing "great". I only like to hear that we go above and beyond in all of our departments. Please give me a call at the hotel so I can further discuss this with you.

Regards,
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Crown Plaza stay was pleasant except it was cold in the hotel, due to repair of the indoor pool. The dining area was unpleasantly cold and the dining room staff were "sluggish". I wanted cold tea and it took 20 minutes to have it made. It happened the 2nd day as well. The food was very good. I requested a microwave but we never received one. Other than these few items the stay was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mary M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor! I am so sorry to hear your entire stay didnt meet your expectations. Our hotel was experiencing some mild climate changes while you were here but everything has now been fixed. Next time you are in the DFW area please give me a call and I will make sure you have a microwave placed in your suite. Hope to see you back soon!

Best Regards,
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The facility and the people here are the best. I've traveled the world and stayed in fancier places but this is definitely top 5 for all around enjoyable, productive stay. Shuttle sevice is top notch along with the front desk staff...

Room Tip: I had a suite but I believe they are all suites here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spent 3 nights for work trip, the staff was wonderful, the rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included in our rate. I did not used the spa, but I did used the fitness room the equipment was nice and in good condition.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I rated it a 3 and here is why. It's a nice hotel from a cleanliness stand point. Which is the most important. But, it feels a little outdated in and out for $225 a night IMO. To get to the point, you are paying to be very close to Cowboys Stadium and to have a bar within your hotel for getting a burger and a beer before the game (and after;). Without these it would be a $100 a night hotel. This hotel will do the job but it will leave you feeling like you overpaid for it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites? Share your experiences!