“Who knew?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Denton, Texas, United States
“Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This place is so unique! Any time I'm in here I feel like I'm in another country. They have a deli where you can purchase meats and cheeses. Also, they have a small grocery area for exotic foods. In addition, you can check out the cool Russian items for sale in the cases and cool war time uniforms. I had the fried meat pancakes which were amazing! The bill ended up being $60 for the 3 of us...so it was a little steep, but worth it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburg, Texas
“Excellent food and experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

After a cultural study unit on Russia and the Olympics, I wanted to give my classes of 2nd-4th graders an unique experience. It could not have been better--- the kids LOVED the food (which is quite different than their usual chicken nuggets and hamburgers) and all of the beautiful imported Russian items. The owner and his wife were wonderful, sharing information and stories about Russia. The food was delicious and we all enjoyed trying many new things! We also enjoyed perusing the shop. What a wonderful day we had!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Keller, Texas
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We took our family there last night and what a treat! Very good food and wonderful service. The owners, Russian immigrants, were very friendly and attentive and answered questions about the food and the merchandise for sale throughout the restaurant. The food is primarily Russian, so we all ordered different items from the menu so we could share. We were not disappointed and even brought food home so we could share dessert as well. We will definitely be back.

Visited March 2014
minnesota
“Don't let the name throw you. It's Russian.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My first time to Arlington, I quickly checked Trip Advisor for restaurant reviews. My husband knew the way, so did not take time to read the reviews, but Taste of Europe was top of the list. We arrived for lunch. My husband, "This was number one"? I said, "Trip Advisor doesn't lie". OK, this is a little Russian restaurant and deli located in the middle of a Russian collectible shop. That threw us. "Taste of Europe", I told my husband it was probably a variety of food. Nooo, it is Russian. I decided on cabbage rolls, my husband the chicken boiled egg blitz. I have to say they were both very good. The waiter was pleasant, and food was served promptly and hot. IF, you are looking for quaint, unique, and Russian food, this is the place. Atmoshere? Probably want to go somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“#1 and Excellent ? Overzealous Reviews by Patrons ! Very Good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Food and Service at best and yes rare, unique cuisine for Texas .

Our server was friendly but never smiled. After being seated, the Owner came over and greeted us, mentioning that we " should shop and browse and Buy while there." That he " would sell whatever we wanted to buy". The items for sale are many and varied.

I decided not to be seated in front of what looked like a Deli Counter Display where they first attempted to seat us and asked for a small booth ( sort of ) against the wall for privacy.

We had Hungarian Goulash as one entrée. It was seasoned well, very tasty, with small chunks of tender beef etc , in a perfect sauce on egg noodles. Very Good, but smaller than expected portion for the $11.95.
Also had the Belarussian Kolduny, potato pancakes stuffed with ground beef and chicken. They
were far from " stuffed", rather , a few chunks of meat in the pancakes ( 3 pancakes of average size ) with a small portion of sour cream. $13.95 I asked the server for more sour cream and then had to remind the owner to remind him. Small Glitch.

Anyway...a nice pleasant dining experience and will return to experience more of the varied
authentic menu.
The food was well prepared, hot, and delicious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere