“Will go out of our way for this place.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 704 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Will go out of our way for this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Growing up in Arkansas I got addicted to catfish. Living in Alaska and Kansas put some challenge on getting really good fried catfish. Whenever I visit family in Arkansas I always visit the Hidden Valley catfish house in Conway. However, this Flying Fish restaurant is now on our list to always hit in Arlington. Filets that are flakey and not greasy, hush puppies with just the right flavor, mounds of fries, and a Billy Bass trophy wall.....what's not to like? Not fancy, fun decor, and plenty of beer and tea.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Arlington, Texas
“My Favorite Seafood Restaurant in Arlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've eaten at Flying Fish a dozen times this year (just opened last year). The seafood and fish are excellent! I've had grilled Tilapia, grilled Catfish, and a their salads as well. Also, oysters on the half shell are served here. Not a fancy setting at all (you get in line and order at the cash register, then wait for your food. Tables available both indoors and outside. Best fish meals I've had in Arlington, not too pricey, and a family friendly establishment. I've also ordered take out since I live about a mile or so from the restaurant. I highly recommend Flying Fish for either grilled or fried food!

Visited June 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“VERY GOOD FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I wanted a good experience on my vacation in arlington, and after eating at this restaurant, I was very satisfied. Honestly some of the best seafood I have ever tasted. The atmosphere made you feel very at home. The menu was very broad and even though it was busy when I went, everyone was happy and having a good time. I would strongly suggest eating here. You will get your moneysworth, get full, and have leftovers

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Texas
“Nice change of pace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This picture is not the one in Arlington that I went to. It a new pace that opened up a little over a year ago and it has great seafood for this area. My favorite is the Grilled Grouper with beans and rice with their grilled zucchini and squash....very good for you dinner! Fried shrimp is Awesome!!! Laid back ambience and casual dress..nothing fancy! Enjoy!

Visited May 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great fish and frog legs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and I ate here because she had a craving for frog legs, and I am always up for some Cajun seafood. My grilled red snapper with beans and rice were excellent. My Siner Bock on tap was in a frosted mug and ice cold. In fact, our meals were so good, we ate at the Flying Fish in Memphis, TN the very next night as we passed through that town! BTW, that location was also very good.

• Visited May 2012