“'Great Place/View/Location'” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Dallas, Texas
“'Great Place/View/Location'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here overnight, very clean and quiet. Even the noise from the hallway could not be heard inside the room. Kitchen and bathroom was very clean.The bed was very soft to sleep in, very peaceful night. Breakfast wasn't bad at all. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mara D, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Dallas Arlington, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello there and thank you for taking the time to relay your experience in our hotel. The last thing we want, as an extended-stay property, is for short-term travelers to overlook what we have to offer, i.e. a warm bed and restful evening. Our hallways may be long, but that distance between rooms is something we know travelers like you appreciate!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here for a Rangers game recently and really enjoyed it. Very friendly staff, Neal and Alex helped out a bunch. Room was large and clean with stove and fridge. Evening reception and light meal was fantastic with cold beer, wine, and snacks. Breakfast was also good with eggs two ways, waffles, fruit, cereal. etc. The hotel is located on the trolley line and it stops at the front door. Very close and easy ride to the Rangers park. Very close to Six Flags and restaurants. Business center with internet and printers are available. Wifi in the room was also fast. Hotel is clean and modern. Two large HDTVs in the rooms. Would stay here again. Good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I would definitely stay here again when I return to see the Rangers again. Friendly staff, who were very helpful - lots of little touches like the greeting letter in my room when I arrived made me feel that I was expected and welcome. The photos are a true likeness of the hotel. My room's facilities were as described, as were the shop and the coin-laundry for guests to use.

Note that the evening meal only takes place Mon-Thu, but the time I used it, the food was good - the menu is different each day and is posted for the whole month in your room. Breakfast is good, but as somebody else noted, ends at 9am - so don't oversleep!

There is a free trolley bus that can take you from the hotel (and others in the area) to the Rangers' ballpark and back again afterwards if you pick up a (free) pass from the hotel. This is a much better option than walking, as although it's fairly nearby, there are stretches without sidewalks. The full trolley service usually runs Memorial Day-Labor Day (to cover Six Flags' main opening dates), but always runs a ballpark service for Rangers home games all season.

In summary, I enjoyed my stay here and I have bookmarked it for future reference for next time I need to find somewhere stay in Arlington, TX.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Lots of chain hotels in the same area, and the Homewood Suites appeared to be as nice as any of them. Friendly staff, great rooms, and great location. I used Hilton Honor points and it was no problem whatsoever.

Room Tip: They only have a few rooms with 2 queen beds, so if you are staying during a busy weekend, get there...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Alex L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Dallas Arlington, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi. Thanks so much for your review. You are right, there are many hotels in the area! We appreciate your choosing us. We hope to see you again soon, especially for our upcoming Cowboys season! Thanks.
FRANKENMUTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very clean and fresh! Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again. Started out at a hotel across the street. What a contrast. Close proximity to Cowboy stadium. The only complaint is that the hotel does only has an indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi! Thanks so much for your making the switch to our hotel, from our competitor across the street. We strive to make each guest happy with our hotel. We hope to see you next time Michigan is in town! Thanks again.
Corsicana, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Let me get the bad over with. When I checked in the room and went into the bathroom, there was a cockroach on the wall next to shower which displeased me. I had already unpacked everything and didnt want to unpack so I told the front desk and went to my meeting and he said he would have it exterminated while I was out. I said I wont be able to handle that smell and he assured me it wouldnt. Upon my return it smelled like a heavy perfume scent and the carpet was wet but was better than Id expected. My concern was I didnt want to take any of those home with me and start them hatching in my house!

Also on my reservation I requested close to elevator but not close enough for noise to keep me awake at night. I had checked in at noon also. I was able to check in but the room was a long walk for me since I have a back injury and ankle injury. They offered me a double queen room but it was just me so I declined and got the king room but was far from the lobby but close to walk outside to my car. Front desk person was wrong stating it wasnt a long walk!

Now for the good. Rooms were clean, neat and pretty nice. Looks like a small apt. The small free dinner at night was pretty good. Salad, chicken and red beans n rice with cornbread. Tea, wine, beer or lemonade to drink. nothing sweet. 2nd night chicken again, soup, salad and cookies, cold shrimp, same drinks,

Full buffet breakfast was pretty good with variety of: eggs scrambled (not real), meat, toast, bagel, cereal, waffles, yogurt, I didnt see any fruit. The coffee was very good especially with the white chocolate creamer and nice to go cups to take with you in the morning.

I didnt try the hot tub or pool but went inside the area and it smelled heavy of chlorine.

they have a patio with table, chairs and grills.

Very close to rangers ballpark, cowboy stadium and six flags. Next door to humperdinks, good restaurant but kinda pricey.

I was on business and close to where I had to be each day. The only negative is if you are out at night and there is a game, it is hard to get back to hotel without driving a maze.

Overall, I would stay again...that is if I didnt bring any critters back home with me for an infestation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We’re glad you appreciated the location as well as the cleanliness of the room. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed there August 19-22 with our granddaughter and her friend. We had changed our reservations to Homewood because we had had such a nice experience with Homewood in Kansas City. Tried to check in around 5:15 pm but could not find a check in clerk. Finally located him. It is older than Kansas City property and did not have the same quality of food or service. It was not too bad overall. I would not stay there again however

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton - Dallas Arlington? Share your experiences!