“Great stop for DFW Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Blue Cypress Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South Watson Road, Arlington, TX 76010   |
Ranked #12 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Somerset
“Great stop for DFW Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We booked this hotel for a stop after flying into DFW.
We were pleasantly surprised the hotel is easily seen from the freeway by the row of cypress trees (usefull for a weary traveller).The rooms are clean spacious and modern.The staff were very helpfull.The bar attached is great with a more than adaquate menu.The breakfast was also very good.Great nights sleep. Would stay here again :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railway
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Easily the best hospitality I have ever received at a hotel. I booked through expedia and was way overcharged for the wrong type of room, but Hamida bent over backwards for me and completely remedied the situation. Our hotel room was phenomenal. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite on the top floor and it was the cleanest, most beautiful room I've ever stayed in. The jacuzzi was amazing- the only thing I would say is it would have been nice to have candles :)
To Hamida and the rest of the staff at the Blue Cypress Hotel: thank you for being kind, patient, and considerate. This was the best stay of my life and I guarantee I will be back to Dallas and booking at your hotel. You have a truly wonderful staff and an amazing establishment!

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

There were 6 of us on this trip to run a 1/2 marathon at Lone Star Park.
The staff of Blue Cypress made sure we were comfortable from recommending a local restaurant, to making sure we had enough towels and room was comfortable to providing adjoining rooms for "girl time" prepping for the run event.
I will definitely return to see Hamani, Jehan, and the other front desk staff. Great job staff!!

• Stayed March 2014
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with this Hotel, it looks exactly like the pics. Very clean, the tubs we're clean, and so was everything else. Big indoor, heated swimming pool that my kids loved. The gym was huge! The staff was also very friendly. The location is great, You can see six flags from outside the window.

• Stayed March 2014
Palestine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I came up on a Sunday early because and ice storm was about to hit Meagan was a really sweet girl the was blowing like crazy and was so nice about getting me in fast.The hotel is beautiful strange area but I didn't care was put on 6th floor which I love my co worker was put on 1st floor in less than an hour it had hit,ice everywhere!Thought it was a bird at the window and it was sleet!!I wondered would I be able to get to get out of parking lot and looked they were sanding the stairs and walk way they were ahead of the game rooms were large would have loved the jazcuzzi room! Beds slept like a dream, very nice rooms.I went down at 5 not sure when restaurant\bar opened and it was closed.Must have been part of management came up and pulled on door said should have been open at 4 and started calling someone.When I went back down was open and music booming,well this old girl was hungry not wanting to get my groove on,bartender was really nice I ordered a beer while waiting on food,some blonde chick was sitting at bar doing paperwork, not very friendly at all or helpful.Food was good would eat there again.Easy on off to get to hotel,if there's a draw back it's breakfast or lack there of waffles,cereal, that's it I was so disappointed, even put out some Jimmy Dean sandwiches to warm up at least.I hope they see this and rectify the problem.Only other thing was limited TV channels,I mean I have NEVER seen so few if your into sports its great otherwise UGH!Oh and work out center was HUGE! Wish the indoor pool would have been warmer.

Room Tip: Go to the top never heard anything
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad to know that you had a good stay. Come back and see us when back in Arlington.
Stamford, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Had rooms reserved for 4 months! Had confirmation Number and actually the room numbers! but 2 days before check-in I called the Hotel they said I had no rooms and they were booked!!
No help in finding another hotel are anything! 26 people headed there way with no where to stay!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
First, we want to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Hotel did try to help by offering the Family Suites, which was the only room type left due to the sold out date. But we understand your need was for Double beds. It is always advisable to check on group reservations 2-3 weeks prior to arrival, specially if they were made 6 months in advance and when no credit card was charged for deposit. We are extremely sorry we could not accommodate your needs.
Saint Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here while in town for the cotton bowl. This hotel was very convenient and it was really clean. I really can't understand the bad reviews. We did not enjoy the bar/club, it wasn't our thing. But it is on a completely different side of the building then the hotel rooms, so I don't understand why it was such an issue to some people. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
First, I want to THANK YOU to make a fair judgement about our hotel. It means a lot to us. I hope your review will help our future guests choose Blue Cypress for their stay. Really appreciate your note.

Been to Blue Cypress Hotel? Share your experiences!