“For sport lovers & foodies @the heart of Texas” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 South Watson Road, Arlington, TX 76010   |
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“For sport lovers & foodies @the heart of Texas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Serendipity! that is what we found at the Blue Cypress Hotel in Arlington Texas.
Our trip was in celebration of my son's 21st Birthday. He is a sport enthusiast.
The location was close to all the major attractions Dallas Cowboys NFL stadium, The Texas Rangers MLB Ballpark, Six Flags Hurricaine Harbor water park. Also near some of the best dining areas imaginable.
When we first arrived we thought the place was closed there seemed to be next to no vehicles. However as we stepped up the adobe coloured entrance way we had no concerns as the remodelled lobby was quite impressive.
The Staff were exceptionally polite and very accomodating. The hallways were wide and well lit. Our room was clean, modern and basic yet covered all our needs. (free WiFi, TV, microwave, bar fridge, AC, bathtub/shower combo and hair dryer.)
Housekeeping was awesome and timely.
As we explored the hotel facilities we discovered an absolutely amazing gym! It was just like a full membership facility with weights, several cable machines an entire upper deck with at least 2 dozen cardio pieces from treadmills to elipticals, there were two pools one indoor and one outdoor which was a delight in the Texas heat.
The out door pool was well equiped with lounge chairs, tables with umbrellas and a bar which was open after 6PM with live band entertainment. However the upstairs bar and patio was open at 4PM for those wanting a kickstart to the eve. There was a full fledge pool party each evening with lots of dancing and a different genre of music each night.
The morning provided a complimentary breakfast which served a variety of cereals, breads and pastries and the option to make your own waffles in the the shape of TEXAS, Seasonal fruit, various juices and of course coffee.
The only issue we had was the awkward access ramps and spurs (roads) to the hotel initially... if you are renting a car and driving from the airport get the GPS to save you bouncing on and off the hwy and interstate and the oneway switchbacks.
Definitely the choice of stay when we are ever needing to go between Dallas and Ft Worth or catching a sport event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hshall, Manager at Blue Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks for your recommendation and making Blue Cypress your choice of stay when back in DFW. Guests like you give us incentive to work even harder towards our goal which is to provide the best to our guests. It was really kind of you to take time to review our hotel in detail. We really thank you for that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed for a week FRI to FRI. Our stay was very comfortable. The manager and the staff were very co-operative and ready to help. It was our maiden trip to US. We are from Mumbai. The staff gave us lot of tips about moving around as we did not know any thing about the area. Our main activities were UTA related.
After 9.00 PM, they do not allow children in the Restaurant cum Bar. We had relatives with 5 year old child visiting us and wanted to have dinner at 10.00 PM. The staff could not accommodate us in the restaurant cum bar because of the child. But they did arrange the dinner separately for us. Great gesture! I would love to stay again at Blue Cypress, Arlington TX.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the kind note. We try our best to accomodate our guest's needs one way or another and glad we could do the same for you. Thanks for staying with us.
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed one night here on 08/12/2013 while visiting a nearby amusement park. The lobby is very nicely remodeled and makes an excellent first impression. Check-in was quick and receptionist was pleasant. Rooms are average, bathroom was clean, beds comfortable.
The pool and pool area could use some improvements. The pool area actually smelled like sulphur or sewage, so we did not stay long.
We did not wake up early enough to enjoy the complimentary breakfast, so I can't comment on that.
I left a pair of prescription sunglasses in my room and called a day later. They were found by housekeeping and locked up for me, but hotel will not mail to me.
Overall, this is a nice place to stay. If pool area is addressed, I could have rated this a "very good".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and concerns with us. It means a lot to us. We are working everyday to make this place a better place for all our guests. About the prescription glasses, we could never verify the mailing address to send it to you. We apologise!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The place looks brand new. Apparently, the hotel recently changed owners and the new owner remodeled the place. The rooms are clean and tidy, but on my last day, I found a giant bug in a closet. (Everything is big in Texas.). Otherwise, my room was kept spotless every day. The breakfast was decent, standard fare that is expected at the price I paid.

It also looks like the owner bought the fitness gym next door. There is a lot of cardio and weight machines for guests to use. In fact, I think the hotel is perfect for visiting sports teams to stay because the place is so close to the ballpark and stadium and the fitness / meeting facilities. Also, I found that the nightly rate goes up when the Rangers are home.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I arrived at 2 am to find my reservation was booked by my assistant for the wrong day. A very nice gentleman at the front desk got me settled into a room and had a taxi waiting for me in the morning. I ended up having to leave early and the front desk staff was both courteous and accommodating. The rooms are somewhat dated and the bathroom was a little small but everything was clean. I would stay here again - the staff was top notch.

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

i recommend this hotel 100%! the receptionist Adeline Molina was such a big help! i asked for her help many times and i would of actually been annoyed with myself if i was her but she was never annoyed she always seemed to be pleased to help me! the rooms are wonderful! before i arrived i had checked out their rooms on the pictures from their website and they seemed decent but when i actually arrived there and to my room it was something i wasn't expecting! they were better than what the pictures showed! i truly recommend this hotel its a place that families would love to stay at! everybody that works there are very nice and helpful! im still very satisfied with the help Adeline gave me and my family! if anything ask for her help when arriving shes awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our baseball team, New Orleans RBI (Regional Champions), stayed at the Blue Cypress Hotel from July 9 - 14, 2013. I had never heard of hotel but needed to find a hotel at last minute for our team and went merely on pictures on website. The pictures do not begin to show the beauty of this hotel. When everyone walked in their first words were "wow"! From check in to check out we had not complaints. If we needed anything, the general manager, Ahab, or one of the staff members immediately answered. Hotel was centrally located to the parks we played at, as well as Wal-Mart and the malls (important for moms), and Rangers Stadium. We did not have to travel far to reach any of our destinations. The boys had a wonderful time at the workout facility which is located on first floor. The Laundromat was easily accessible, which helped me a lot with washing uniforms. The parents and coaches enjoyed sitting by the pool, or at the restaurant/lounge which is located inside hotel, and there was even live music. Everyone was well pleased, price was reasonable, hotel was very clean, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Cypress Hotel? Share your experiences!