“Good Price, but so-so stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Arlington

You added Extended Stay America - Arlington to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Arlington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 N. Watson Rd, Arlington, TX 76006 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Dallas - Arlington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good Price, but so-so stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in Arlington for a wedding. It was 'ok'...but that's about it. The location was gated and room was clean. Though on hwy 360 we couldn't hear road noise from where we were (about halfway back). The rate was probably one of the less expensive in the area that had decent reviews here. It was next door to a Cracker Barrel which was nice.
The negatives were the bed - it was NOT good. My husband ended up with an aching back the next day and we had to drive home. They advertise a 'grab and go' breakfast, but all they had was coffee and 2 breakfast bars when we went in. (We decided to go to Cracker Barrel after seeing what they had to offer)
We were not cooking while there as we went to a wedding reception, but if we had been, the kitchen was not fully stocked...and we would have had to either go to the front desk to ask for more or figured out a way to make it work with only 1 fork.
I rate this at 3 of 5 stars -

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our rates during your visit and that you did not experience any noise disturbance from the nearby traffic. Still, I apologize for the issues you experienced with your bed and the lack of supplies in your kitchen. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to address your concerns with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again in the future.

Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were in town for the Final Four activities and stayed 3 nights. Our room was fine except for the strong smoke smell and the lack of a blanket on the bed. I've never stayed in a hotel that thinks the gross bedspread should also be your blanket. When we asked for one at the front desk, they said they just gave the last one away. Really? If you have a sister hotel just a few miles away you may think of checking to see if they would have the amenities and if they could send some over. Blankets should be standard. We didn't utilize the kitchenette except the fridge. It was pretty quiet during our stay so no complaints about that. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next door and a Wendy's and gas station within walking distance. Other than that, there isn't too much to get to within walking distance. The Cowboy and Ranger stadiums are a short 10 min drive. Dallas is more like a 30 minute drive on a weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Gina K
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I think this was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. My room was changed from a double to a queen w/ sleeper sofa w/o my knowledge. When we got into the from it smelled like throw up. It had no pots, toilet paper, soap, or towels. The cable in the room did not work. Someone brought a pot and aid freshener and I picked up the toilet paper, soap. They sent over a maintenance worker to fix the cable. Meanwhile, I took my kids to six flags and returned later. The room still smelled and when they pulled out the sofa bed it was not clean. It had a dirty red sheet on it, chocolate morsels and other food particles on it. It even had a medicine cup and child's boot folded up in it. The front desk was kind enough to comp. my stay for the night but we were moved to a single bed room for the night as it was said there were no other rooms available. It was uncomfortable w/ a14(boy) & 9(girl). We were moved back to the other room the next afternoon and it was clean but still had a bad odor. I purchased my own air freshener.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the level of cleanliness and odors in your room and I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I’m sorry to hear about your maintenance issues. I met with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, we are happy to exchange dirty towels for clean ones at the front desk.

Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotels. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Stay was very bad at night loud people upstairs and when Called to front desk there was no answer when talked to they said they will look into it which I don't think they did as to it got worse all hrs of night... room was never given clean towels room smelled like smoke and it was a non smoking room. Complimentary breakfast was not kid friendly...looked like nothing they described in picture wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Miguel D
Boerne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stay 3 nights at this Extended Stay facility and we were both impressed with not only the physical facility but also the staff. We were greeted by cheerful young ladies who offered us additional soap, shampoo, etc.

I was attending a 2 day SQL Server event that was split between the Microsoft campus and the UT Arlington campus. This facility was nicely located for each if those.

The room included a kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, and cooktop along without some cookware, some plates, silverware, bowls, cups, and glasses. All in all, especially for a longer stay, this would be a great choice. (It is also fairly convenient to the Arlington Six Flags. ;-) My wife and I recommend this facility highly, especially for the price!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RDW2
Watsonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

To be honest, I had an issue with the service there leading me to beleive Extended Stay America does not value their customers but I was wrong. The day after check out I received an email from ESA asking me to review my stay. I completed the survey including my disappointment with the service and to my surprise I received a verp prompt email from the ESA manager appologizing for the disappointing stay and offering a voucher if I would consider staying at Extended Stay America again. I responded to the email and soon after received another email from the GM also appologizing and including a very kind attempting to make thing right. The fact that both the Manager & GM took the time send me an email regarding the survey really showed that this nationwide company does care about their each customer. Thank you Manager & GM!! I will defiantly stay at Extended Stay America again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff were extremely rude and unconcerned! My husband is handicap and we were put in a room upstairs! The room smelled like smoke but had a no smoking sign outside the door. The microwave didn't work. The bed was uncomfortable. The staff refused to bring us towels and tissue when our room didn't have it. I will never ever stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank sweetiepie791
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the handling of your reservation. We are reviewing procedure with our front desk staff regarding handicap requested rooms to ensure that this situation does not occur in the future . In response to your feedback regarding your room, I am going to follow up with our housekeeping staff to ensure that guest rooms are thoroughly inspected before check-in.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at nal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Candlewood Suites - Arlington
Blue Cypress Hotel
#15 of 60 in Arlington
4.0 of 5 stars 297 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Arlington North 6 Flags Dr

Been to Extended Stay America - Arlington? Share your experiences!