“Not the best, not the worst!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Arlington

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Arlington to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Arlington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 N. Watson Rd, Arlington, TX 76006 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Dallas - Arlington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #44 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Not the best, not the worst!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were in town for the Final Four activities and stayed 3 nights. Our room was fine except for the strong smoke smell and the lack of a blanket on the bed. I've never stayed in a hotel that thinks the gross bedspread should also be your blanket. When we asked for one at the front desk, they said they just gave the last one away. Really? If you have a sister hotel just a few miles away you may think of checking to see if they would have the amenities and if they could send some over. Blankets should be standard. We didn't utilize the kitchenette except the fridge. It was pretty quiet during our stay so no complaints about that. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next door and a Wendy's and gas station within walking distance. Other than that, there isn't too much to get to within walking distance. The Cowboy and Ranger stadiums are a short 10 min drive. Dallas is more like a 30 minute drive on a weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I think this was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. My room was changed from a double to a queen w/ sleeper sofa w/o my knowledge. When we got into the from it smelled like throw up. It had no pots, toilet paper, soap, or towels. The cable in the room did not work. Someone brought a pot and aid freshener and I picked up the toilet paper, soap. They sent over a maintenance worker to fix the cable. Meanwhile, I took my kids to six flags and returned later. The room still smelled and when they pulled out the sofa bed it was not clean. It had a dirty red sheet on it, chocolate morsels and other food particles on it. It even had a medicine cup and child's boot folded up in it. The front desk was kind enough to comp. my stay for the night but we were moved to a single bed room for the night as it was said there were no other rooms available. It was uncomfortable w/ a14(boy) & 9(girl). We were moved back to the other room the next afternoon and it was clean but still had a bad odor. I purchased my own air freshener.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the level of cleanliness and odors in your room and I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I’m sorry to hear about your maintenance issues. I met with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, we are happy to exchange dirty towels for clean ones at the front desk.

Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotels. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stay was very bad at night loud people upstairs and when Called to front desk there was no answer when talked to they said they will look into it which I don't think they did as to it got worse all hrs of night... room was never given clean towels room smelled like smoke and it was a non smoking room. Complimentary breakfast was not kid friendly...looked like nothing they described in picture wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Boerne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stay 3 nights at this Extended Stay facility and we were both impressed with not only the physical facility but also the staff. We were greeted by cheerful young ladies who offered us additional soap, shampoo, etc.

I was attending a 2 day SQL Server event that was split between the Microsoft campus and the UT Arlington campus. This facility was nicely located for each if those.

The room included a kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, and cooktop along without some cookware, some plates, silverware, bowls, cups, and glasses. All in all, especially for a longer stay, this would be a great choice. (It is also fairly convenient to the Arlington Six Flags. ;-) My wife and I recommend this facility highly, especially for the price!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Watsonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

To be honest, I had an issue with the service there leading me to beleive Extended Stay America does not value their customers but I was wrong. The day after check out I received an email from ESA asking me to review my stay. I completed the survey including my disappointment with the service and to my surprise I received a verp prompt email from the ESA manager appologizing for the disappointing stay and offering a voucher if I would consider staying at Extended Stay America again. I responded to the email and soon after received another email from the GM also appologizing and including a very kind attempting to make thing right. The fact that both the Manager & GM took the time send me an email regarding the survey really showed that this nationwide company does care about their each customer. Thank you Manager & GM!! I will defiantly stay at Extended Stay America again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff were extremely rude and unconcerned! My husband is handicap and we were put in a room upstairs! The room smelled like smoke but had a no smoking sign outside the door. The microwave didn't work. The bed was uncomfortable. The staff refused to bring us towels and tissue when our room didn't have it. I will never ever stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the handling of your reservation. We are reviewing procedure with our front desk staff regarding handicap requested rooms to ensure that this situation does not occur in the future . In response to your feedback regarding your room, I am going to follow up with our housekeeping staff to ensure that guest rooms are thoroughly inspected before check-in.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at nal@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very friendly hotel staff. Made reservations online - good rate. Reserved for 2 weeks. Check-In staff was friendly. After 2 days at my job I was told I would only be needed 2 more days. I went back to the hotel to see that they could do and the clerk was friendly and helpful. She put a credit on my credit card. Then 2 more days later I was told at work I would be needed for another week. I made another visit to the office, the manager was there that time. He was friendly and put the credit back on my card. Very friendly staff. Room was clean and always
cleaned each day. Exterior of hotel was always clean. Next door to Cracker Barrel. Just off
Hwy 360. No traffic noise in hotel. I would return.

Room Tip: Less than a mile from lots of places to eat and across street from Six Flags.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
James - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for your kind words. I am so happy to read that our staff provided you with such helpful service, assisting you with billing as your job requirements changed. As well, it is great to know that your room was always clean and that you liked our hotel's location.

Been to Extended Stay America - Arlington? Share your experiences!