“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 hotels in Arlington
AllAmericanGirlv1
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here during the Texas Bar Exam, and I'm so glad I did. It's literally across the parking lot from the Arlington Convention Hall, so it was super convenient. The parking was free, and the fitness center was good. The rooms were very nice, and I also ordered room service, which, as most room service goes, was way overpriced, but good.

My one complaint is that they play a Disney movie very loudly at the pool in the evenings (until 10/11 p.m.). I was trying to go to bed early, and the loud sounds of Tarzan did not make that easy.

Room Tip: Avoid the loud pool movie sounds by asking for a room on a high floor NOT facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to write us. We hope you did well on the Bar exam! I apologize for the disturbance you experienced from the sound of the Dive-In Movies. Had it been convenient, we would have gladly helped you move to the opposite side of the hotel. We know your rest was your highest priority during the exams, but we are unable to correct areas of which we have not been made aware of. We will certainly take this into consideration with future Texas Bar exam takers. Thank you again for your feedback.

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My family and I were guests here for several days. First, you can't get any better of a location if you’re looking to go to the theme parks or ballpark. The building was kept well and everyone from the Front Desk staff to the Housekeepers was very professional. Being a Hospitality Professional myself, I commend this hotel on providing excellent service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We have the best location in proximity to the Rangers and Cowboys! Our shuttle and Arlington Trolley services do a great job in providing transportation if you choose not to walk the short distances to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. Our staff is the best of the best! Thank you for your encouraging words of praise! We hope you and your family will stay with us again soon!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here recently for a meeting and found the hotel to be very nice. I would imagine that if there was a football or baseball game that it would be very busy, but the day I was there the hotel was very calm and peacefull. The front desk was efficient at checking me in and my room was excellent. The room was large and very comfortable . I had breakfast in the hotel and the food was fine. The restaurant was not busy when I was there, but the servers were very helpful and attentive. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took for writing the kind words. We hope your business travels bring you back to the Sheraton Arlington! We’d love to have you stay with us again!
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

It was a very nice classy hotel, however we were on the 16th floor and could not get wifi in our room and that was annoying! I would suggest if you need wifi like we did you organise things then ask for a low number floor or you will be running back and forth to the lobby! otherwise very nice stay. we went to dallas purely for the dallas cowboys game and in that case the location was perfect as it was within walking distance!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the poor quality of the WIFI while you were our guest. In general, the quality we receive from our supplier is excellent. In the future, please feel free to bring this to our attention right away so that we may make effective repairs. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit with us again for another Cowboys game!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

A few weeks ago, I decided to catch a Cowboy game at the new stadium since I haven't been. I'm more a baseball fan and was hoping the Rangers would squeeze into the playoffs, but didn't happen. Oh well...so knowing full well that it was a Cowboy weekend, I searched for a two or three night stay that weekend. Of course, it was sold out. I called them and mentioned that I was Gold SPG and asked if they could get me in, but they couldn't. No big deal, I expected it.

As game time grew closer, I checked again and they had a "Suite Event Special" for something like $399/night. I remember SPG has a guaranteed no black out policy...basically saying that if they had a room available, and I had points, I could book that room using points. So I called again and mentioned this. The lady on the phone told me that she couldnt get me into the hotel that weekend, but I told her I could see they had openings, but she said she didnt see it. I asked her if she had internet access, and she changed the topic. She gave me some garbled explanation and basically told me..."well if you see it, why don't you book it online" I told her I wanted to use points, and since they obviously had a room(s), I should be able to get in. But alas, I lost this battle and I hung up. A bit disappointed.

I kept checking and checking and I couldn't find a combination to be able to book online using points. Until I stumbled on their calendar. Apparently, I was able to book a six night stay but not a three night stay (that covered the football Sunday). So I did it. And just checked out early. I later asked the front desk and they admitted that sometimes they overbook if someone stays an extended period of if someone is willing to pay a special rate.

Check-in was really easy, I was given an SPG floor. Basic Sheraton, nothing fancy, but really nothing to complain about, except for the above. The restaurant served a good breakfast buffet and was reasonable at $14 for omelettes and bacon sausage potatoes, the usual fare. Plus fruit and yogurt. Pretty good bar downstairs too, with reasonable prices.

Good place to stay if youre going to the Cowboy or Rangers game. We walked and took us about 12 minutes or so. After the game, from stadium to our hotel was bumper to bumper traffic. We even witnessed a verbal altercation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I must apologize for the hassle you had to go through in making your reservations. I know how frustrating it must have been. Ours is a people business and whenever a business relies so greatly on many individuals to perform at high levels, there is bound to be rare occasions when these levels are unfortunately missed. This is certainly not an excuse, but rather a hope that you will consider that your experience was the exception, not the rule. We appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton brand and hope that you will stay with us again for another game!
Draper, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Didn't stay here, just an event. Staff was very attentive and helpful when we got in to set up. Easy location for people to find. Parking wasn't an issue. hotel A/V was easy to navigate, and the lobby was cosmetically appealing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the time taken to write us a review. We are especially glad that you had an enjoyable time associated with your event. Thank you for recognizing our staff! They truly are remarkable! We hope that your travels will take you back to Arlington; we would certainly love to have your stay with us again!
Miami, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I came to Texas to see my favorite team play Dallas Cowboys and the hotel we booked was within walking distance which was a plus. The property is very nice, very clean and I enjoyed the whole trip. I will definitely come back again another reason is the food, I've had some good brisket and it's been a long time since I had that.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us! We certainly are happy that you had such an enjoyable time during your last stay here at the Sheraton Arlington. Next time, no need to wait for a Cowboys game, just come back for the BBQ!

Been to Sheraton Arlington Hotel? Share your experiences!