“Our Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Anchorage, Alaska
“Our Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is an older hotel in Arlington but the upkeep is good. We were given the room we requested, the staff at the front desk was excellent at both our check-in and check-out. The location is the best in Arlington I believe, as it is only a short walking distance to the Rangers Ballpark and Six Flags over Texas. Our room was very comfortable. The bed was nice with abundant pillows. We had a microwave and a refrigerator in our room. After a two night stay, we had to leave for a week and then return. I asked the front desk manager if we might be able to get our same room again, and he arranged it for us. He asked if they could do anything to make our stay better, and I told him about some rust on the shower ceiling. That was not very appealing. When we returned, the bathroom shower ceiling had been painted. Much better. We will continue to stay at the Arlington Sheraton on our annual vacations to the DFW area.

Room Tip: The elevators tend to get very busy following a Ranger game and during check out times so to catch o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing report! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take pride in our property and our staff is indeed the best in the area! Thank you for pointing out the rust issue and that we were able to make the necessary modifications. We look forward to your next visit!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

When you come in it is very nice. Than the room is large. You go into the bathroom and what a disappointment. Toiletries so poor. No cotton for cleaning eyes. No shower cap. Shampoo so low level, not to mention the soap... Came out from shower with burning red eyes from shampoo.

Fitness room. Many treadmills. The first I walked on started to make such noise . Went on the second one. Ok for walking though no mention of how many calories were burnt... My husband was pleased with his machine.
No free wi fi in the room. What a shame.

Room Tip: Good location for who looks for the six flags. We had Dalas in mind, so for us it was not such a gre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Rooms and amenities look like they're "almost" upscale but they just didn't finish it up with quality products. The club level is an absolute joke and waste of money. Club closes at 8 on the weekend! But open till 10 M-Th ... Makes no sense. Options are limited, food wasn't even worthy of club level... Club service level was a joke. The only good thing about the hotel is the location from the Rangers and Cowboy stadiums.

• Stayed June 2013
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment in our Club Lounge. Let me assure you that your experience does not represent the food quality and service we typically provide. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Sheraton for 2 nights for my nephew and I so I could take him to see Taylor Swift at Cowboys Stadium.
When I booked, about 3-4 weeks ahead, I called the hotel and asked if they ran a shuttle to the Stadium for events and was told yes. After checking in, I called down to the desk to ask what time their shuttles started, and was then informed that they aren't running shuttles to the concert. So we walked. Which isn't that bad at all, only took us 10-15 minutes to walk to the stadium, so the location is perfect!
Now for the room..., it wasn't as nice as the website showed. No mini fridge, (though there was a beat up one just sitting randomly in the hall outside our room), so the cold snacks we brought like grapes were ruined. No matter that we turned the AC down as low as it would go, it never even got cold enough for me to sleep under the covers. The toilet ran the entire time, not only wasting water in the middle of a drought, but making constant noise.
In the website, there are these built in plugs in the bedside tables... Too bad in reality, not only are there no plugs on the tables, there's no plugs on the entire side of the room that the bed is on. You'll have to plug your phones in by the desk and leave them there while you sleep. Speaking of sleeping, when I layed down, I looked to my side, and there was a tiny bug on the pillow. We pulled off all the blankets and pillows checking for more but there was only the one thank God.
We've still got one night left to stay here, but I'm sure not gonna book here again. For the price, the only good thing is the location to the stadium and ballpark. Not nearly as nice as other places I've payed 30-40% less for.

• Stayed May 2013
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write your review, although I must apologize for your disappointment in your room. Our Engineering and Housekeeping Departments have been notified of the issues mentioned. We hope this will not deter you from considering staying with us again.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here in late April for a conference and was very impressed by how well the hotel management ensured smooth running of the conference and looked after the attendees' hotel stays. The service at this Sheraton hotel met my expectation of what I would expect from a Sheraton chain hotel and I would recommend this hotel for hosting another conference. I gave the hotel 4 stars because this hotel is slightly dated and didn't provide the most convenient internet access and only slightly above average restaurant food quality.

Location, location, location - this hotel offers a convenient location for enjoying the Rangers game as it was within walking distance to the stadium and for visiting Six Flags, which is located right across from the hotel. It is also close to Arlington Convention Center and approximately 30 minutes away from the airport. There's a Mexican restaurant and some other diners close by plus on-site restaurants, small pizza eateries and hotel bar.

What I liked the least was that their last hotel shuttle leaves the Dallas airport at 9:30pm because I was unaware of that information from their hotel website. Feeling slightly disappointed to discover that I have missed their last shuttle when I landed at the airport, it was refreshing to be greeted by good service at check-in.

My check-in was done by Skylar, the hotel manager on duty, and I was lucky he led by example to ensure I received very good service during check-in. Upon hearing that we had missed the last hotel shuttle leaving the airport, he made efforts to ensure he could book us into quiet rooms and he went out of his way to find us a fridge for our rooms. Yes, hotel rooms here are older style and didn't come with a fridge.

I didn't have time to try out any of their facilities except for the business center and I would rate their business center to be above average with very good lighting and nice surroundings. I also enjoy the convenience of this hotel where the hotel rooms and the conference seminar rooms are in the same building. It's great when I can take the elevator directly to my conference seminar rooms without having to walk to another hotel building or a super long hotel corridor.

Overall, this hotel stay has not yet earned my 5 star review but I can grant a 5 star rating to the hotel staff like Skylar, who took time to explain the hotel services like wi-fi access and business center when I checked in. I also appreciate how he went out of his way after I checked out to offer help for my luggage and to ensure that I was able to make it to my flight on time. He gets 5 stars for his dedication and excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you your review. I must apologize for your negative experience with the shuttle schedule. We base it off our most popular airline arrival and departure times. We are glad though, that Skylar was able to bridge the gap. We are very proud to have him as one of our staff. He has proven himself in many circumstances to be professional, helpful and friendly. We appreciate the encouraging words! We hope that you will be able to take advantage of our other facilities next time you visit us here at the Sheraton Arlington!
Killeen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for a Rangers game. Takes maybe 5 minutes walking to the Rangers Ballpark. You could probably add 10 minutes to that if walking to Cowboys Stadium. Didn't see too many options for restaurants to walk to, but we didn't look too hard. Bed was soft. Best attribute of the place is the proximity to the stadiums.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! So glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you visit us again when you are in Arlington. Remember, our shuttle provides complimentary service within a 3 mile radius, so you have many options in restaurants around us if you do not care to walk. Looking forward to having you stay with us again!
Ames, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have no issue with "higher end" hotels charging for extras, but this hotel IMHO takes advantage of being in a location with no easy access to alternatives.
This hotel is next to the Arlington Convention center and Texas Ranger ball park. The hotel rooms are well appointed and taken care of. The overall grounds are also well kept, and the hotel lobby is nice. Where they get you is in the extra charges

Internet: In an age where many hotel give wifi for free, many of the highend hotels still charge. In principle i am okay with that, but this hotel charges for each connection so if you iphone, ipad ,and computer use the wifi that $30.00 (9.99 per connection) Hilton, Four Seasons, and Intercontinental Hotel give you up to 3 devices per room number.

Drinks: When you stay at these hotel i have always had to "complementary bottles " of water. As there is no store or food within walking distance they have elected to not offer this service (all other Sheratons i have stayed at do) and they have a store down stairs that has the normal 400% mark-up

Forgotten things: i have never stayed at any brand hotel at any level that if you forget a toothbrush or razor will not give you a free one (cheap quality but still). I had forgotten my razor and when i asked for one I was directed to the store to purchase one at an absurd price.

So my standpoint is...
If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the Rangers park or Convention center.. Great location

If you are looking for a location that has other things walking distance.... Not great

If you Dont use the internet and don't forget things...this could be your location

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, but sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience. It’s puzzling why you were not given complimentary items from the Front Desk; we typically have these “forgotten items” in stock. Again, I am sorry for your negative experiences. Hopefully, you will give us a chance to give you a positive stay next time.

Been to Sheraton Arlington Hotel? Share your experiences!