“Excellent Hotel Management” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Hotel Management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here in late April for a conference and was very impressed by how well the hotel management ensured smooth running of the conference and looked after the attendees' hotel stays. The service at this Sheraton hotel met my expectation of what I would expect from a Sheraton chain hotel and I would recommend this hotel for hosting another conference. I gave the hotel 4 stars because this hotel is slightly dated and didn't provide the most convenient internet access and only slightly above average restaurant food quality.

Location, location, location - this hotel offers a convenient location for enjoying the Rangers game as it was within walking distance to the stadium and for visiting Six Flags, which is located right across from the hotel. It is also close to Arlington Convention Center and approximately 30 minutes away from the airport. There's a Mexican restaurant and some other diners close by plus on-site restaurants, small pizza eateries and hotel bar.

What I liked the least was that their last hotel shuttle leaves the Dallas airport at 9:30pm because I was unaware of that information from their hotel website. Feeling slightly disappointed to discover that I have missed their last shuttle when I landed at the airport, it was refreshing to be greeted by good service at check-in.

My check-in was done by Skylar, the hotel manager on duty, and I was lucky he led by example to ensure I received very good service during check-in. Upon hearing that we had missed the last hotel shuttle leaving the airport, he made efforts to ensure he could book us into quiet rooms and he went out of his way to find us a fridge for our rooms. Yes, hotel rooms here are older style and didn't come with a fridge.

I didn't have time to try out any of their facilities except for the business center and I would rate their business center to be above average with very good lighting and nice surroundings. I also enjoy the convenience of this hotel where the hotel rooms and the conference seminar rooms are in the same building. It's great when I can take the elevator directly to my conference seminar rooms without having to walk to another hotel building or a super long hotel corridor.

Overall, this hotel stay has not yet earned my 5 star review but I can grant a 5 star rating to the hotel staff like Skylar, who took time to explain the hotel services like wi-fi access and business center when I checked in. I also appreciate how he went out of his way after I checked out to offer help for my luggage and to ensure that I was able to make it to my flight on time. He gets 5 stars for his dedication and excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you your review. I must apologize for your negative experience with the shuttle schedule. We base it off our most popular airline arrival and departure times. We are glad though, that Skylar was able to bridge the gap. We are very proud to have him as one of our staff. He has proven himself in many circumstances to be professional, helpful and friendly. We appreciate the encouraging words! We hope that you will be able to take advantage of our other facilities next time you visit us here at the Sheraton Arlington!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Wiesbaden, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for a Rangers game. Takes maybe 5 minutes walking to the Rangers Ballpark. You could probably add 10 minutes to that if walking to Cowboys Stadium. Didn't see too many options for restaurants to walk to, but we didn't look too hard. Bed was soft. Best attribute of the place is the proximity to the stadiums.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! So glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you visit us again when you are in Arlington. Remember, our shuttle provides complimentary service within a 3 mile radius, so you have many options in restaurants around us if you do not care to walk. Looking forward to having you stay with us again!
Ames, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have no issue with "higher end" hotels charging for extras, but this hotel IMHO takes advantage of being in a location with no easy access to alternatives.
This hotel is next to the Arlington Convention center and Texas Ranger ball park. The hotel rooms are well appointed and taken care of. The overall grounds are also well kept, and the hotel lobby is nice. Where they get you is in the extra charges

Internet: In an age where many hotel give wifi for free, many of the highend hotels still charge. In principle i am okay with that, but this hotel charges for each connection so if you iphone, ipad ,and computer use the wifi that $30.00 (9.99 per connection) Hilton, Four Seasons, and Intercontinental Hotel give you up to 3 devices per room number.

Drinks: When you stay at these hotel i have always had to "complementary bottles " of water. As there is no store or food within walking distance they have elected to not offer this service (all other Sheratons i have stayed at do) and they have a store down stairs that has the normal 400% mark-up

Forgotten things: i have never stayed at any brand hotel at any level that if you forget a toothbrush or razor will not give you a free one (cheap quality but still). I had forgotten my razor and when i asked for one I was directed to the store to purchase one at an absurd price.

So my standpoint is...
If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the Rangers park or Convention center.. Great location

If you are looking for a location that has other things walking distance.... Not great

If you Dont use the internet and don't forget things...this could be your location

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, but sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience. It’s puzzling why you were not given complimentary items from the Front Desk; we typically have these “forgotten items” in stock. Again, I am sorry for your negative experiences. Hopefully, you will give us a chance to give you a positive stay next time.
Poteau, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I brought my wife and my oldest daughter to Arlington for a Rangers game and we stayed at the Sheraton Arlington. I honestly would have to say if you are going to a Rangers game the location of this hotel is the best. However I am sorry to say that for me that would have to be the only plus anymore for this hotel. What is fact though is when this hotel was the Wyndam before it became Sheraton it was a much better hotel. They have gotten rid of the huge bar and grill that was downstairs and replaced it with a much smaller one. My daughter experience a small stomach ache and the so called market the Sheraton offers sold me a convenient store sized package of Alka Seltzer for a whopping price of $7. There is a huge pool outside however since the weather wasn't warm enough we couldn't use it, unless it was heated but yet we were never told it was during check-in. The hallways to the rooms smelled musty and moldy. At check-in I asked if I could be upgraded so we would be able to eat breakfast in the morning at which time I was told yes but at a $30 fee on top of my room rate, I said "No thank you". I so wish this place could go back to the way it was but unfortunately I don't see that happening which is sad.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review, but apologize for your poor experiences. We hope you give us another chance to turn things around. Thanks again for your feedback, we truly do appreciate your comments.
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is so perfectly located to see a ballgame or visit Cowboys stadium, that it's hard to complain about it, however, our room was so musty that it was disturbing. The entire time, the room never felt or smelled fresh. Surprisingly, the lobby area was very very clean and smelled great. Must be the stale carpet, etc.
really needs a fresh coat of paint.
Worst part of stay was the phone calls (with no one on the other end) throughout the middle of the night!! It was unbelievably disturbing at 3 or 4 am two nights in a row! We complained the next day, but were only told, "sorry.. don't know why that happened." It took ME requesting a $5 voucher, at minimum, for our inconvenience, which we used at the hotel breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you are in Arlington for a game (Rangers or Cowboys) then this is the place to stay. You can walk to everything! You could even hit Six Flags. I got a nice deal from the hotel website to pre-pay and be upgraded to the Club level. My room was on the 17th floor and was very clean. I would say the only bad comment I would make is that the room seemed to suffer from a lack of outlets. I had to plug in the coffee maker to use it and that meant using an extension cord. I have never seen an extension cord in a hotel before. Not a bad thing, just seemed odd. I had to do the same on the bed-side table. I went to plug in my laptop and ended up having to plug in to an extension cord.
The elevators in the hotel were really fast. There was hardly ever a wait. The staff was very friendly from check-in, to the hotel bar, to the Club Room. The tv in the room was nice, great bathroom stuff (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, razor, shaving cream, loofah, cottonball/swab/nail file kit). I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of the surrounding area. Go for the club level if you can. Nice ho...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying several days at the Sheraton Arlington Hotel in Arlington,Texas. The front desk staff, concierge and maintenance personnel could not have been more accommodating and professional. The rooms were excellent and the service was over the top. From check-in to departure, the staff went out of their way to ensure our trip was a great experience for all. I might add, I was traveling with 21 high school kids so the staff earned their salary while we were there. I would recommend the Sheraton Arlington for anyone headed to that area for business or pleasure. ***5 Stars-EXCELLENT***

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for that shining review! We appreciate all that you mentioned and will certainly share your encouraging words with our staff! Your words will go a long way! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and the kids had a memorable trip! Please stay with us again, maybe in the future, on your much needed vacation!!

Been to Sheraton Arlington Hotel? Share your experiences!