“Very nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Southern States
“Very nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The location of this hotel is convenient to Six Flags, the Ballpark and numerous attractions with plenty of dining options close by. The rooms are very nice and the pool area is laid out like a resort pool. We had drinks at the bar and there is a very nice area with outside seating if you wish to enjoy the nice weather. The only negative to this property is the rooms are not ideal for two people trying to get ready simultaneously to go anywhere. The bathroom was fine and had a small vanity area with mirrow. But there was only one mirror outside the bathroom and no electrical outlets within reach. Called for an extension cord but it was never delivered. We got a really good rate on Priceline and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Sheraton Arlington Guest, Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though you were disappointed with the lack of electrical outlets. I'm very sorry that your call to retieve an extension cord was not delivered . We believe in doing all we can to ensure that our guests have comfortable accommodations and are well attended to by our staff. What you experienced is unacceptable and I hope that you would consider that your experience was an exception and not the rule at our hotel. Thank you for the comments and we hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Convenient to the cowboy stadium. Thanksgiving dinner near to being dreadful. Servers for the dinner unqualified temporary help with some not speaking english. Couldnot wait to get away from the table!

Shuttle service to the airport superb very professional

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed at this hotel to attend the Texas Tech vs. Baylor game at the Cowboys Stadium. SO glad I got a discounted rate because there really were no bells and whistles here. The one good thing about Sheraton is the beds are incredibly comfortable. The down side...? We thought we were getting a sleeper sofa because of the description of the beds, the rooms are small, no fridge, no microwave, could hear in the rooms when walking down the hallway, vending machines that only take credit/debit cards, and on game day, NO SHUTTLE!!! Not a bad 1 mile walk with decent weather, but had it been rain or anything else, I would have been very upset, ESPECIALLY considering they were charging non-guests $35 to park there for the game!!! I thought that was pretty outlandish. Had dinner in the small cafe and the food was good...expensive, but good. $30 paid for a burger, buffalo wings, a coffee, and 2 sodas. Overall, I had a great stay because I was so excited to get to the stadium.

Room Tip: The higher floors will provide a view of at least one attraction...we were on the 8th floor and had...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Sheraton Arlington was average. I did not feel like I was staying in a classy hotel. Our room on the 7th floor was a small double bed room. There wasn't a fridge or microwave, but at least a coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee. Renovation was going on in the lobby, Did not get to take advantage of pool since our stay was in late November. I would only stay there again if the price was extremely good like it was this time, otherwise, I'll look for a smaller hotel that offers a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here in October with friends of mine and we were excited to see the Giants and Cowboys play. The stadium is literally across the street from the hotel.
Hotel is in a great location, lobby is really nice and has nice feel to it. Rooms are ok but the bathrooms are in dire need of an upgrade. Ate at the hotel a few times and the dinners were good the breakfast was TERRIBLE! Undercooked eggs, breads were old dry and stale, fruit was not fresh...just bad. Staff was really pleasant and accommodating. Probably stay at the Gaylord next time

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nancy S, General Manager at Sheraton Arlington Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Arlington Hotel. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I am terribly sorry that our breakfast buffets did not meet your expectations, As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments and we hope you will stay with us again.
Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Let me start out by saying that the staff was semi-friendly. That would be the ONLY positive thing I can think of. Let's discuss the negatives:
The "starbucks" in the lobby is not a real starbucks. I waited in line for a drink for 10 minutes only to have the lady shear at me and tell me they don't take "passbook starbucks cards".
On to my room. I reserved a room and asked that they have a bottle of welches sparkling grape juice there waiting for my wife and I. The man on the phone said "NO PROBLEM" I get there and it was, of course not there. I found this out after I stumbled through the darkness to find a light to turn on in my room so i could see. The guest services on the phone were not really sorry about it and said it was never "in my reservation". Speaking of the phone...my room had two phones. One the had an AWESOME cordless handset. It was so great that it would charge all night long and be able to last all of 30 seconds before going dead. The shower was hot then cold then hot then cold...etc. The walls were paper thin so you can hear everyone's business. I needed wifi access. I was told that i had to pay 12.99 PER device! Unless I wanted to "hang out" on the first floor with the staff...where it's free. The toilet would run ALL night long until I finally had to jiggle the handle and get it to stop. The bathroom mirrors would fog up because there is NO exhaust fan in the bathroom. The room service was substandard. There was water from the ice chest (no fridge in the room) that dripped on the desk near the electrical outlets. They finally 7 hours after we asked for them to clean the room, "Cleaned" the room. They left the water on the desk and my phone charger ended up getting soaked.
Overall, even though the room rate was at a discount. It still ranked right up there with a motel 6. If not worse.
I hope the hotel staff reads this. I stayed on November 9th and 10th 2012. In room 1212. You can contact me for more details if you would like them.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Wanted to give one more star, but...... Lobby is awesome. Loved smelling brewing coffee. Very pleasant and inviting. Rooms and location were great. My problem was with the restrooms. Rust and peeling paint in shower! Really!!! Restrooms need immediate attention, otherwise great place!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We are glad that your overall stay was good and you were happy with our staff. However, please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing room you were assigned to. Thank you so much for your honesty. We take all of our guests' feedback seriously and will work hard to improve the condition of the bathrooms before your next stay with us! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Sheraton Arlington Hotel? Share your experiences!