“Newish hotel in frenzied location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Tickets to Six Flags®
Ranked #5 of 60 hotels in Arlington
“Newish hotel in frenzied location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a very good, new Garden Inn across the I-30 freeway and convenient to Six Flags and the Texas Rangers Ballpark. Our room on a high floor overlooking the pool was comfortable, with all the expected amenities. Only downside was the place was loaded with vacationing families and that meant some pool noise into the night but it wasn't that bad. Rooms on the freeway side could be noisy, and the screams from folks on the rides at Six Flags could be heard -- over the freeway noise-- into the night when we came and went from parking. The restaurant was convenient, with good food and very good service. We would stay here again for another Rangers game.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
oldtraveler47,

Go Rangers! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We’re glad you liked our facility and found our rooms to be comfortable. I’m also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and hope it provided a relaxed atmosphere for you to unwind. Please come and stay with us again soon.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We found this hotel very convenient to the ballpark, Six Flags and most importantly from the Cowboys stadium. The rooms were quiet, and the decor was very nice. The bed was so so comfortable, even having the adjuster to make it whatever firmness you require. The sheers on the windows were nice, the room had a nice aroma.I stayed in a King Room which had a large glass shower and no tub, great shower pressure. Next time I'm in the area I will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
swimmergal45,

We’re glad to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I’m pleased you really liked our comfortable, self-adjusting beds. We hope you will return and stay with us again the next time your adventures lead you to Dallas.

Cheers,
Mesa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great quiet location not far from freeway, ballpark and 6 Flags, clean, friendly staff. Lots of restaraunts close by and within walking distance. Bed was comfortable. Made to order breakfast was good. Weekday rate offseason seems high.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
RV7Pilot,

Thank you for writing a review. We’re glad you chose to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn and had a pleasant visit. Thanks for letting other viewers know of our great location as well. Please come and stay with us again soon.

Regards,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is slightly less than what you expect when you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is near the airport (Dallas/Fort Worth) and a great location if you are attending events in the area. The baseball park, football stadium and six flags are are all very close. (We could see them all from out room as they are just across the freeway). Whether you are headed for shopping, sports, dinner or whatever, Dallas and Fort Worth are easy 10 - 15 minute drive along the freeways.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel and grounds very clean. The gift shop/store is open 24 hours so if you arrive late or leave early, you can grab a snack or whatever you need.
The rooms are average and beds good with adjustable firmness, but not the best beds I have had a Hilton Garden in. The washroom is average with a walk in shower, no tub. In room there is a TV, telephone, radio, microwave, small refrigerator (with a small freezer box) and air conditioning. Not much of a view in either direction though.

Parking is free and is available right outside the front entrance. There are two internet computers available to guests in a room behind the front desk. They have printers in the room so you can print your boarding passes and what not.

The restaurant is okay but not great. Room service is available. After the first day we chose to eat out and purchase some fruit for the rooms for breakfast.

There is a small fitness facility on the main floor. It looks out onto the pool area. There are two treadmills, two elliptical trainers and a bike as well as free weights and a small universal station. The pool is clean and surrounded by table and lounge chairs and soft light at night for relaxing swim. Pool towels are avaible beside the pool as are change rooms/washrooms. There is a water cooler in the gym, but was empty for the entire week that we stayed.

The cleaning staff did not do a great job. The washroom floor was never cleaned during the week that we stayed, but they did tidy up the room daily and empty the trash.

The hotel was surprisingly quiet given that it is right on the freeway.

We didn't add photos because it is exactly as it appears on thier website. We stayed in a king size room, and nothing was different from the on line photo.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool or front parking lot if you are concerned about traffic noise. We se...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
TamandPete,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We’re very glad you chose to stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn. I’m pleased you found our facility to be clean and comfortable. It’s nice to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff as well. We hope you will visit us again the next time you travel to Dallas.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel was very nice and the breakfast was good. I brought my son and 2 friends for his 16th birthday to go to 6 Flags. Enjoyed the view of the park from the window, but the freeway noise was a bit loud at times. Unfortunately, I would never again stay here as the beds were so unbelievably uncomfortable. It felt like what I imagine a prison bed would feel like. It seriously felt like I was sleeping on a wood plank with a scant 1" mat on top. Supposed to be able to adjust the "firmness" but no matter what we did, the feel of the beds did not change. I woke up every 30 minutes having to change positions. Almost as bad as camping and camping is free. The boys were fighting over the air mattress on the floor. Sad sad experience for an otherwise nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear ConnieJ:
Thank you for staying with us and providing kind words about the hotel. Our goal is simply to make sure every guest has a great experience with us every time. We have the most expensive and the best beds in the industry called "The Garden Sleep Bed". Any of our well trained staff are happy to adjust the setting for you at any time. My direct line is 817-807-4212 please call me at your earliest convenience, I’d be happy to talk with you in person regarding your stay. Thank again for choosing Arlington Hilton Garden Inn

Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

First - I need thank the receptionist (Jessica) for helping my family in a time of need. I came to this hotel around 11pm with my family in tow and no reservation. I told her that we were in town to visit Six Flags and that the original hotel that we had booked had fell waaaaay short of our needs and expectations, and that we had enough and left. I'm guessing that Jessica could see the distress on my face and jumped into action. She offered me a bottle water and promptly offered me a (perfect) room, as she by then knew I had my wife and a 3yr old asleep in the truck. The bedding is some of the best I've slept on. The AC was almost spot-on-cool and very quiet. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. I have no idea how old it is but I'd guess it to be new. Overall it is a very clean and quiet place. The location is perfect for Six Flags, Rangers & TX Stadium. A plus is the three different steak houses that are walking distance right out the front door. My wife & I can't thank these people enough and I plan to stay here again in October.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
RedneckTraveler420,

It is nice to hear from you on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you were helped so generously by Jessica and I will make sure that she is recognized for her exceptional service. It is nice to hear that you and your family visited Six Flags which is a great family attraction near our hotel. We look forward to you visiting us in October.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn in Arlington, TX is such an outstanding and beautiful hotel. As a Silver Hilton Honor Member we have stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns hotels, and this one resulted among the bests if not the best of all.

The Suite - 5+ stars - We had a beautiful suite with a view of the amazing Dallas Cowboys Stadium and the Texas Rangers Ballpark. When we entered it into the suite after a long road trip driving, we were first very impressed by the nice and sweet smell of the room. The suite was big enough to comfortably accommodate our family of four; it is beautifully decorated with new and modern furniture and also with the huge convenience of a sleeper sofa.

The experience - 5+ stars - After many hours on the road we arrived at the hotel very tired and hungry. We asked for a recommendation about the town's dinner alternatives. The staff attendance kindly suggested we could have dinner at the Boston's Gourmet Pizza, which resulted in an outstanding selection. The check in process was so quick and smooth and just within a few minutes after our arrival we were already seated having dinner. They also offer hot complimentary breakfast which is a nice addition.

The property - 5 stars - This is an almost new and very well maintained property strategically located in the heart of the Arlington city, which provides 5 minutes access to the city signature destinations such as: the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, The Texas Rangers Ballpark and the Six Flags parks, among others. The property has a beautiful outdoor pool, with water jets and beautiful nightly lights. They also have the convenience of free parking.

Overall - 5 stars - Outstanding and Beautiful suite

Room Tip: Ask for the suite rooms viewing the Dallas Cowboys Stadium
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
ACR-me,
Thank you for your review and recommendation!  We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Charlie Olisa, General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington? Share your experiences!