“AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Stilwell, Oklahoma
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The breakfast is amazing good, the hotel is immaculate, and the staff is extremely friendly. We came back to our room and found that my daughter's Olaf had been tucked neatly into bed with her pillow and blanket. (Not just sitting there but really tucked in!) It is little touches like this that will keep me coming back forever.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enormous and beautifully appointed room with two queen beds, a large sitting area, kitchenette and spacious bath. Very close to ATand T Stadium, quiet, and restaurants located nearby. This is the very nicest Comfort Suites we have ever stayed in. Very impressed!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Danielle M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Arlington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Fantastic! Thank you so much for reviewing our wonderful Comfort Suites. We take pride and aim to meet and/or exceed our guests expectations. We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and hope that you make our hotel your destination of choice when traveling to Arlington, TX.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

The hotel is located close to all of the shopping, and sporting areas and numerous choices of restaurants and bars nearby as well. I stayed on the 4th floor in a king non-smoking room with sofa bed. The room was in excellent condition, clean, and had plenty of room for a family of 4. Bathroom was large enough to move freely in and had a tub/shower combo.

Breakfast was great and was clean and stocked continually. The gentleman running the area was working hard and was courteous to guest requests.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 rating was the fitness room. No bench for the dumbbells, and a broken down elliptical made it nearly impossible for more than one person to workout in a hotel with hundreds of guests. Although small, adding an adjustable bench and repairing the elliptical (just needs a new belt) would make a big difference.

Overall a good find and a comfortable stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Danielle M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Arlington, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
First and foremost I want to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review our hotel. It is guests feedback that helps in the continous improvements of our service and product. Rest assure that we immediately remedied the situation with our eliptical machine as soon as the issue was reported to the front desk. We hope that you continue to visit our wonderful Comfort Suites when you are in Arlington, Tx
Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I had a small meeting with 7 of my managers and we used this hotel and meeting room for our meeting. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. My room was clean. They have added new bedding to the rooms which are very comfortable. The only complaint that I have of all Comfort Suites is the uncomfortable pillows, but this is chain wide and not limited to this hotel. Breakfast was better than normal for a Choice Hotel. The location is great......a Pappasitos is right next door (about 200 feet away). Other great restaurants and attractions are close by as well including AT&T Stadium (Cowboys stadium), Rangers Stadium, and Six Flags. This hotel is great for business travelers and vacationers as well.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Fantastic! We greatly appreciate using our wonderful hotel for you business needs. Your feedback is so valuable to us as it helps us understand and get know what our guests needs are and try to meet them. We want your stay to be comfortable and enjoyable. I thought you would be pleased to know that our brand is changing pillows which will give our guests a choice of soft or firm in each of our guest rooms. Hope to see you and your management team back at our wonderful Comfort Suites real soon.
NSWAU
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

I was booked into this hotel by American Airlines following a travel delay that led to a missed flight home to Australia. I arrived frazzled at 2am and had to leave again at 6:30am so i really did nothing more than nap. The facility is very nice - clean, quiet, comfortable bed and a spacious room. Breakfast was good. The staff i encountered were nothing but polite and helpful. I would definitely stay again, hopefully for longer next time!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
I want to thank you for taking time to reveiw our hotel. I understand that you were here for a very short period of time but nevertheless your feedback is so valuable to us. We hope to see you here real soon during a leisure trip to our wonderful city of Arlington, TX.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

The surprises start when you book online at ChoiceHotels.com - there is a prominent claim on the Rates page that states "Your rates won't get better than this!" so based on that claim I booked an advance pre-paid non-cancellable rate. SURPRISE! The rate dropped several days later. I contacted ChoiceHotels.com about this. SURPRISE! They stated that claim only applied to the "Best Available" rate even though the claim itself says "Rates" and does not clarify it only applies to a certain class of rates. Also, their "Best Rate Guarantee" does not apply to their own website.

Check-in took almost thirty minutes because on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm there was only one person working the front desk. She was doing the best she could do but between having to answer phone calls and the line of guests trying to check-in she was obviously overwhelmed.

When it was finally my turn I was asked to provide a form of payment. Informed the clerk that I had already prepaid the reservation in full. SURPRISE! They need a credit card so they can place a hold on your account, and if you don't have a credit card with you then they will require a $200 cash deposit. And if you have neither a credit card or $200 with you when you check-in? SURPRISE! They won't let you check-in, even though you've already paid for the room. I explained how I've always pre-paid reservations at other brands and the only thing I was ever asked for at check-in was a photo ID. She agreed that was her experience as well, that she personally didn't like this policy either, but that they had to follow it.

Luckily, I had several credit cards with me. Gave one to the clerk and asked how much the credit card hold would be. She didn't know - said it would be between $15 and $150 dollars. I asked how the amount of the hold was determined. SURPRISE! She didn't know that either, it was something that their billing system assigned. Based on credit score, perhaps? I asked if they had a copy of this policy that I could have (they didn't), or if anything I initialed or signed at check-in explained this policy (it didn't).

The room itself was clean, the bed decent. Luckily, we were on the top floor and didn't hear the sounds from above that all the other guests seemed to be complaining about. Breakfast was apparently good enough for the hotel staff, one of which made no qualms of getting in front of hotel guests so that she could make herself a plate.

The location was close enough to Cooper Street that other dining options are in range.

After I checked out (was not offered nor given a receipt), I checked my credit card account and the credit hold had been credited back but SURPRISE! now there is a new charge for $5.98. I have no idea what this charge is for but after reading several other complaints I suspect it's some sort of resort fee that they don't tell you about when you prepay your reservation nor is it mentioned on any of the documents they require you to initial and sign when you check-in.

I wanted to recommend this Comfort Suites, I really did, but the policies that it has in place and the horrendous customer service from it's licensor Choice Hotels prevent me from doing so. My entire stay was plagued with the nagging feeling that I was being strong armed into following hidden policies and that another surprise in the form of a misleading marketing claim or revenue enhancing hidden charge was waiting to pop up at any moment. Looking at posts to the Choice Hotels Facebook page leads me to believe I am not alone.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
First and foremost I want to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of and their accommodations meet and/or exceed their expectations. I apologize that was not the case while with us and rest assure that we will continue to keep your feedback to provide excellent service. It is guests as yourself that help us in the continous improvement of our service and product.
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We were looking for a place close to AT & T and this was one of the closest. It was located just off the interstate, close to the stadiums, Six Flags and plenty of restaurants.They also have a shuttle taking you to the game o gamedays for a reasonable fee.

Checkin was quick and efficient and the staff throughout were good to deal with. The pool was outdoors and very basic, and a little cool at the time we went. The gym was small with a few pieces of workout equipment.

The room was very large, and although starting to appear a little wearing, was still appointed quite well and had a fridge and microwave and beds were very good.

Lots of selection at the free breakfast and the lady helping there was cheerful and quick to refill things.
Nothing fancy, but a great stay for the money.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Fabulous! Thankyou for your review, we greatly appreciate all of our guests feedback as we always aim to meet and/or exceed our guests expectations while in our hotel. We truly hope you come back and visit us real soon.

Been to Comfort Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!