“Staff and Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Cancun, Mexico
“Staff and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

staff was awesome starting with Jerry the driver of the Van and Alex in the front desk. the thing that disappointed me was that the room i booked didn't have a separate room like i thought it would, when I asked to have a room with 2 beds they said they couldn't do so because I booked it through Expedia, but a sofa bed and the bed. we were 2 adults and needed space. other than that everything was awesome, the location is really good near stores, restaurants, bars and cowboys stadium.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kane K, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you very much for your comments. I will certainly pass on the words to Jerre and Alex. I am sorry for the confusion of the room booking, sometimes booking through the travel sites makes it a little hard for us to get everything correct. Thanks for letting us know how we are doing. Have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my family for a quick back to school trip. I guess I got spoiled at my last Residence Inn stay at the Rim in San Antonio, that this one just didn't meet my standard for a Marriott property. It wasn't horrible, just not the greatest. For the Good: The location is very close to shopping, lots of dining options and I-20. Staff was friendly and check in was easy. The indoor pool area was very nice and clean. For the bad: The lobby and breakfast/common area was very small and too crowded at breakfast. The breakfast was pretty unappealing-cold, wrinkled potatoes, hard scrambled eggs etc. The hotel hallways were noisy and I could hear every conversation from the room next door. The one room suite was nice with pretty good space, but the bathtub was not that clean. The chair in the sitting area was really old and all beat up. The pull out sofa was not comfortable at all--so bad, my kids wouldn't even sleep on it. Again, not the worst property I've stayed in, but would probably choose another when in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon and thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I am sorry that we did not meet your standards and I completely understand what you are saying in your comments. Some of the issues such as breakfast I will go over with the staff and try our best to improve them where we can. Some things such as the chairs I am sorry that those will need to wait until our next renovation of goods. This should be in the not too far off future. Again thank you for letting us know where we stand and have a wonderful day.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

A nice stay with a great staff. The breakfast staff was top notch, very helpful. The location of the hotel is near a huge variety of restaurants and some entertainment. Also, easy access to Hwy 20. The only complaints are the bathroom vents allowed some conversations to travel to other rooms and the bottled water in the lobby marketplace was a little high in price. I would definitely stay here again, but remember to bring your own bottled water.

• Stayed August 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I am very glad to hear that we were a good choice of a hotel with the two minor exceptions. You are correct, we are a very good location for several different things such as shopping and restaurants. Again thank you for your comments and I hope you have a chance to visit us again. Have a wonderful day.
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I was in town visiting friends and stayed at the Residence Inn. The entire place is extremely clean and the staff was friendly. If you are into shopping it is very close to a new mall. If you like sports, its not far to the new Cowboys stadium and the Texas Rangers stadium. And if you are into food, everything is within 2 miles or less. For the price it is a great place and would highly recommend!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kane K, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you very much for the nice things you have said about the property and the things to do around the hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, we would love to have you again if you are coming through Arlington again. Have a wonderful day and be safe riding.
Oacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Residence Inn was super clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The bed was very comfortable. It was clean and quiet. The parking lot was very full, but we did arrive very late. All in all it was a very nice place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kane K, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Good afternoon, I wanted to say thank you for your kind words about our hotel. It is very nice to hear when people enjoy staying with us. I will certainly pass your words along to the staff. Again thank you very much and hope you will stay with us again if your travels ever bring you to Arlington again. Have a wonderful day.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Resonably priced, excellant customer service (Feels like home on the road). Breakfast and dinner (Quick to go and bar food at night). Beer tap open! Clean with rooms that are up to date. Staff absolutely wants to make staff the stay is a positive experience. Multi resturants and mall within walkable distants. Bring your pool clothes. Great pool and hot tub. Work out room awesome. Nice fire pit in the outside court yard. All good!

Room Tip: Engage the staff
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kane K, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good morning. I would like to take the time to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I know plenty of people use TA to see where they should stay. Thank you very much for the kind words about our hotel and the staff. I will make sure to show them. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again if you ever make it to the Arlington area again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My only negative comment is the beds were not comfortable. Made my back hurt. Other than the not so perfect bed, they had Perfect service and cleanliness. Hot breakfast was very good and did not disappoint.

• Stayed May 2013
Kane K, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for staying with us while in Arlington. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the beds but glad we gave you good service. I will pass along your kind words of service to the staff. Thank you and have a great day.