“Great Service Team” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Lubbock, Texas
“Great Service Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here during spring break. It is a beautiful hotel. Had an issue regarding a kindle that I had left in the room. It took them a few days to figure out how to proceed. I was in panic mode that account information had been stolen. In those type situations, hours seem like days. The management team at this hotel, went above and beyond what I would expect. I will definitely stay at this hotel anytime I am in or near Arlington.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is in a wonderful location. Though it is on a one-way street and can be hard to find at first ... it is SO close to the Dallas Cowboys Stadium AND the Texas Ranger Stadium. There are also tons of delicious food options close by. The front desk staff is extremely nice, funny, welcoming and personable. The banquet staff, especially Brooke and Martha, are great to work with and will help you with any of your needs. Clean rooms, nice lobby, fast internet, and business center with free printing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We decided to stay in Arlington because we were going to watch NCAA Basketball and the hotel is within walking distance. It was a great choice. We checked in at noon without a problem and there was lots of parking. Our room smelled like BBQ but when we mentioned it to the front desk (no until our last day cause it did not bother us that much), they offered to give us a rebate, free breakfast, etc. This was much appreciated. The room was clean and the bed were VERY comfortable. The staff was friendly and willing to help us with whatever we needed. We walked to the stadium even though they had a shuttle for $12. The restaurant connected to the hotel was awesome. The bartenders were all really nice and you could not beat the happy hour ($2-$3 beers with a great selection of domestic and micro brews)!! The food was pretty good and not super expensive.

Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Pro's: Fairly new property, convenient to Arlington attractions and stadiums.
Con's: Locked out of room twice - first time they supposedly fixed what they indicated they already knew was a chronic problem with the electronic lock on that room; second time had to wait around 15 minutes to get my belongings out, then schlep to front desk again, then wait 10 minutes to be assigned a new room. No apology, no upgrade, no interest in making things right. Not the biggest disaster of course, but I was glad we were only staying one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Louis L, Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington NE, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear FalconTX,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your stay in March. I am sorry that no effort was made to compensate you for your time and the inconvenience the issues with your room caused you. We will use this example to help our staff understand the level of hospitality that our guests deserve and expect.

I would like to offer you that room upgrade on your next trip to Arlington, should you decide to stay with us. I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing back fom you.

Louis Le Jeune
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been staying at this property off and on for a year. They recently purchased new vehicles to transport guests, but with all expenses, come neglect in other areas. The last 2 visits I had to call for soap to be delivered to room, No one is checking coffee service area. The wall was so dirty this trip, I made me imagine what could be on the floor ( I threw my socks away). Then no hours are posted for the restaurant. Sorry to say the staff is trying, but the management needs to step it up....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Louis L, Manager at Holiday Inn Arlington NE, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Divorce Diva,

In your review you make many valid points on how our service can be improved, please allow me to address these issues.

I apologize for our lack of soap, we have resolved an issue with our vendor and do not expect any more shortages. We would never expect you to stay in a room that has not been properly cleaned and our staff is always happy to offer another room that will be more accommodating. We also understand that coffee is important to you and we will be more attentive to refreshing our service area for all guests.

I agree that there is always room for improvement, and our management will help initiate that change. We look forward to leaving a better impression upon you the next time you are in Arlington should you decide to give us another chance, thank you.

Cordially,

Louis L
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Here on business and did not have a car. Nothing was within easy or safe walking distance. Restaurant attached to hotel had friendly staff but food was horrible. The refrigerator in my room froze all my fresh food and produce solid as a rock. I was told that they would reimburse me for the ruined food if I had a receipt. I did not. Does not have a free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear DaveBriody,

Thank you for the honest review, I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to comment on our service and features.

I apologize for the condition of your food, by letting us know about this specific issue we can make adjustments to our refrigerator settings. Also, we would like the quality of our restaurant food to match the great service you received, If you could share with me specifically which items on our menu were not satisfactory.

As a full service hotel, we do not feature complimentary breakfast, but kids 12 and under do eat free. We also have several neighboring restaurants, bars, and retail within a 10 minute walk. Our location has sidewalks and pedestrian friendly

We will take all of your suggestions to heart and look forward to the opportunity to host you during your next stay in Arlington, thank you.

Louis L
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

As soon as we arrived a young lady on the front desk took care of as and checked us in really fast.
We were frustrated after the flight so we needed a couple of drinks, we ask the lady where was a bar close by, she mention a bar on the other side of the lobby, after we dropped our stuffs up stairs we headed to the bar, A young Latina lady greeted us with a smile and asked how we were doing, she mentioned the happy hour special, but I had a black Jhonny Walker on the rocks and my partner wanted a refreshing drink so we let Sharon (The bartender) decide, she made a drink call Bay Breeze and my partner loved it, Sharon asked if we wanted to take a look to the menu but we wanted to wait a little longer to have dinner. She was doing a great job, she was really good at managing to take care of everybody around the bar and checked on everyone drinks! After a couple of drinks we were ready for dinner, Sharon mentioned how good the California Grilled Chiken was, so we both order that, it was great, she recommended their New York cheese cake but with some raspberry sauce and we agreed to share that, another great choice, all I have to say Sharon was awesome, great service, smiley and very polite. Definitely going back to stay at the hotel! It was an A plus

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Arlington NE? Share your experiences!