“Spacious and Clean Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Houston
“Spacious and Clean Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Candlewood last weekend while in Arlington for the Lone Star Race. We chose this hotel because we could bring our dog with us. The rooms were spacious and very clean. My only suggestions for improvement would be to put a trash can in the bathroom and leave the taped up notices off the door. It is not extremely welcoming. Overall it was a nice stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Steve S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Arlington, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Second stay at a Candlewood. I like the suite set-up as it is a larger room for the money. I went on business for one night, so I didn't fully use the suite, but like the "home feel".
Check-in was quick and easy. Had a quick look into the exercise room/honor room on the way to the room. Gym looked good (did not use it). They have an "honor pantry" where you can grab small items and eat there or take to the room - just let them know what you ate.
Room was good and up to expectations. It was quiet and I was very tired. SO I ate and went to sleep.
Good stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Steve S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Arlington, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate all feedback! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The location is near many attractions. Overall, a nice hotel. However, I do have one complaint that I feel other frequent travelers should be aware of.

I checked into this hotel for 5 nights. Being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member, I asked if they had any room upgrades available. I was told that while they do, they only offer upgrades to people who are staying for 1 or 2 nights. This is not in accordance with IHG Rewards policy, and I have never heard of another hotel doing this. I contacted IHG and they told me that it was because the hotel was sold out on the day after I checked in. However, I went online and it still showed rooms available at the next level up from my reservation, not to mention that the hotel offered me a room at that level if I paid the difference. Finally, after several phone calls over the next hour, and speaking to both IHG Rewards and the corporate office's booking department, they gave in and gave me the room upgrade.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Steve S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Arlington, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We apologize for your experience! Upgrades do not necessarily mean an upgrade to a larger room. It can be a higher floor, a corner room, a newly renovated room, or a room with a nicer view as well. We do try to honor upgrade requests to the larger suite when available. We have met with the front desk team to clear any confusion as well in regard to only upgrading for 1 or 2 nights. In our market, these rooms get consumed faster than our smaller suites, especially since there are fewer of them. We hope that you will consider us again in the future, and please feel free to contact us when your ready for another visit to our area.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed 1 night at this hotel for the Iron Cowboy at AT&T Stadium. Very convenient to get to stadium. Suite was spacious, clean, comfortable. Bed was very comfy. Area seemed quiet and safe. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Steve S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Arlington, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
We hope you enjoyed your weekend with us and we definitely look forward to having you stay with us again on your future visits!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

It tucked away but yet has all the conviniences around you, gas,food and entertainment, It is clean and recently re furbished, I am making this my new go to hotel when traveling to the area. I would highly recomend this location and a very home like welcoming when coming into the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Steve S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Arlington, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for such a kind review! Our team works to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I previously wrote a review of this property entitled Almost Perfect. I stand behind that title, but based on a 2nd visit, I've discovered one little problem. The climate control for the room is one of the energy efficient systems that only heats or cools the room when you're present. My system did not work properly. It was one of those rare nights when Arlington temperatures were down into the 30s, and the heat would simply not stay on as needed. I would wave my hands in front of the sensor on the thermostat which would eventually start the heat, but the system couldn't tell I was there while I was sleeping or even sitting at the desk working.

I don't know if this is a problem specific to my room. I'll probably continue to stay here, but it will be less likely in the winter.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Steve S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Arlington, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate it. On your next stay, we can help you change the settings on the unit to manual control, and that will turn off the sensor. I apologize that we were not able to help you with that on your last stay. We look forward to your future visit!
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went to The Baylor/Tech game at Jerry's World and stayed here one night. We loved the convenience of the hotel to not only the football stadium but the Rangers and Six Flags as well. We chose to drive to the stadium parking area which was a piece of cake but could have opted for a taxi that the hotel has made arrangements with for a very reasonable price. Probably the taxi cost and the cost of parking would have ended up just about even with the taxi maybe a hair less expensive. We zipped right down Ballpark Way to the stadium area in less than 10 minutes in some traffic. Lots of traffic after the game but again got on Ballpark Way. Once we cleared 3 or so blocks, we zipped back to the hotel.It was also nice having the Sonic just down the street as the food we ate at 4:00 was long gone at 11 that night. There is also a Dickey's BBQ right there as well and probably several other places to eat that we missed.
The hotel is extremely clean and the room so very spacious. They only have queens but it was very comfortable. There is a full size frig, a two burner smooth-top stove, microwave, toaster ovens to rent-nice pots-everything you would need if on business for days at a time or if you were doing the Rangers, Six Flags etc. It is a great place if you are bringing the family. There is even a patio with umbrella tables. The fitness room looked good.
We would absolutely stay here again. The price was close to half what many of the hotels in the area were charging and at least as nice and probably a lot nicer than many of them. No breakfast here but how much do you love those same old rubber egg, waffle iron, sweet roll, and Yoplait yogurt breakfasts anyway? We would rather go somewhere nice for a real breakfast or grab a breakfast taco at a fast food place depending upon our schedule.
We will definitely be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JolenePan, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Arlington, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your input! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you keep us in mind for your next visit to the Arlington area!

Been to Candlewood Suites - Arlington? Share your experiences!