“Squeaky but clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
San Diego
“Squeaky but clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The place is clean and appears new. The windows are second rate and I needed to stuff tissue in the gap to keep the high winds from whistling. The floors are squeaky with each step. The shower tub was even more squeaky as you changed positions. Feel bad for those not on the top floor. If you don't mind these things it is a clean and basic hotel but stay on the top floor.

• Stayed January 2013
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Arlington near Six Flags, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I certainly apologize for the wind noise during your stay and will have our maintenance team check the seals on every window to ensure they are sealed and close tightly. Cleanliness is something we certainly pride ourselves on here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Arlington and we appreciate when our guests notice our efforts. I will pass your comments along to my housekeeping team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Quiet, clean, and plenty of parking. Easy access to I-30. Breakfast has enough variety to satisfy 3 teenagers. Short trips to just about every museum around. Great stay! Highly recommend. All the front desk personnel greeted us with a smile each time we came by and asked how our day was going and if they could help.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Merkel, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

When I called for directions, the front desk person did not really know how to guide me. I spent a good forty five minutes driving around in circles. At the end of the evening all I wanted was a relaxing bath to warm up and just unwind. The bathtub was not easy to get out of. There were no handles and it made it difficult to get out of which threw off the whole "relaxing" feeling I was looking for. The hotel was a little rundown. The sleep however, awesome!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel two nights with my Marriott Reward points. Despite some construction that was going on in the parking lot of the hotel, the accommodations were good - comfortable rooms and free breakfast. We arrived very late on Friday night, but the hotel staff was nice and welcoming. The hotel is situated with easy access to I-30 and, although we did not go there, six flags is just 5 minutes away. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if there was a need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
shreveport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place was wonderful! front desk was great,The room was great for the price. breakfast was better than most around six flags(we've tried a few) trolly service to six flags was on time and friendly.They were remodeling the first floor but it was no incovience to us. My daughter loved the fact she could see the coasters from the pool. overall a nice stay. We'll def be back

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ideal location for Six Flags over Texas. There was a free trolley, so we didn't have to pay for parking at Six Flags. Their website is arlingtontrolleydotcom.The beds were super comfortable. We arrived very late, and the first night there was a strong smell of marijuana coming from the room next to us. The next night, they must've left because there wasn't any scent left of it. The beds were extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. I know we could've reported the smell to get it checked out..so I don't discredit the hotel. There are people everywhere that will go against the hotel policies. I know we could've easily moved because we originally had a room with a king bed plus rollaway, and they offered to move us to a room with two beds. The staff there upon checkin was so friendly and helpful. The view of our room was a parking lot..didn't bother us since we weren't in our rooms much except to sleep. The continental breakfast was great...waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, granola bars, fruit, cereal, lots to choose from. When you stay at a upper end hotel, you're going to be paying a lot for breakfast..so the free breakfast each morning was nice. We got a flat tire upon checkout, and the staff was very helpful. We got it taken care of ourselves, but they gave us all bottled water while we were outside in the sun.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My spouse and I stayed at this hotel one night with Marriott Rewards points so that we didn't have to drive 200 miles back home after an evening wedding in Mansfield, TX.

We picked it from the few close by hotels that "cost" lower points. We did pick a hotel that cost 10000 points over one with 7500 points, but I now think it would have been better to save the extra points. I don't think we would have noticed a difference.

Check-in/out were perfectly fine and the hotel staff was fine.

They are remodeling the breakfast area so it was served in a little room and the dining area down the hall. I just ended up taking it up to my room. They still had the normal faire: make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, cupped fruit, coffee (decent), and other little treats.

The location would be ideal for visiting Six Flags. We could literally hear and see the coasters outside our window.

The room was clean and pleasant enough and considering the horrible issues I had with the toilets at the last Fairfield Inn I stayed at, I was pleased with the working plumbing and shower head. I generally HATE hotel beds (read my other reviews if you don't believe me), but this was decently comfortable throughout the night. It is a very soft matress, which I love.

Overall it was just fine with no major thrills, special treatment, issues or problems.

Room Tip: There is a side of the hotel that faces the park/highway. This is probably the noisier side of the...