“It's all right” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Phoenix, Arizona
“It's all right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The rooms here are really sizable. Carpeting could probably use some updating. The bed was really comfortable. Was it worth the cost of our stay? Probably not...but we were staying there to be close to the stadium, so that's a lot of what you're paying for. What's funny...I read reviews of the hotel and many people commented on the eggs at breakfast. I thought this was just people complaining to complain...uh, no. The eggs are literally the worst eggs ever. The rest of the breakfast was pretty good, but heaven help you if you want something remotely healthy. All in all, I think I'd rate the hotel higher if I paid less, but average is about where it ranks for the cost.

Stayed October 2013
Rachel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, TX, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to our hotel and breakfast. We will bring this up with our management company and let them know about your comments and concerns. Thank you for your loyalty to the IHG Brands and Holiday Inn Express.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Idalou, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had been traveling all day and could only dream of a bath and a good bed. My GPS kept telling me it was just off the major hwy, when it was really down more than a winding block. When I arrived the one desk clerk was being overwhelmed with one man and all his needs. I stood, moved around, sat in a chair, up again, didn't want to butt in. The lady clerk never gave me a nod, made eye contact or said, be with you in a moment. Then a young man employee went behind the desk and seemed to know his business and I ask him if he could check me in. He said yes. Why didn't he ask me if he could help me? He found my reservation and it was not as requested. (I have 30" of incisions across my body, can't lift luggage upstairs.) He had to find me another room and did!. Good bed, clean room it was all good. They didn't tell me how to log on to their internet, but I found the code the next morning when turning in my key card. Too late. Some employees just don't have the gift of service. Holiday Inn should tweek that training. Also the next morning, desk folks directed me to the Convention Center. The roads to the center turned out to be blocked from 3 sides and I had to wonder around the area and got to my destination 30 min late. It was due to a Texas Rangers Baseball game at the adjacent stadium! Maybe, just maybe the folks at the desk could have warned me about game days and how to get around their area. If you just want a clean room, good bed, and full on hot breakfast, this is a good place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rachel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, TX, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay. I deeply apologize for the inconveience you encountered with the staff and room. We do utilize these comments to further improve our operations and I have met with my team to discuss how these inconveiences affect our guest ! I certainly hope there will be another chance to provide a more comfortable stay for you in the future.
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here, like others, because it was close to the cowboys stadium. Front desk was efficient, though not overly friendly. I asked for and received directions to a mall and was directed in the "general area" though it was not as easy to find as they said it would be.

Rooms:
we had 2 queen sized beds in our room, which were comfortable if a little soft. Pillows were adequate. The bathroom was tiny, really small. No real counter space around the sink and no way to enter that room if someone else was in there..definitely a one person space. TV was large and worked well. We had a view of the parking lot directly over the primary entrance.

Hotel:
quirky is the best way to describe the lay out of this place. There are two entrances into the hotel, one of which is for checking in...the other has the elevator. If you are on the wrong end of hte hotel. you must walk to the other end to ride the elevator up to to back to the other end as the hotel is shaped like a v. It's a minor inconvenience if you have loads of luggage, but it's a pain if a late check in is in your future.

Breakfast--we never did find the breakfast. I'm sure it was there as advertised.

Proximity to the stadiums. TOP NOTCH. Really close and they have shuttles to take you to and from. We were going to a regional game so there was no need for it as we could easily park onsite, but if going to a cowboys or rangers game, can't ask for closer. In fact, it's probably within reasonable walking distance to the Ballpark.

Room Tip: If you want to stay on the elevator side, choose a room number higher than 222 or 122, depending on...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments in regards to our hotel. We will bring this up with our management company and let them know about your comments and concerns. Thank you for your loyalty to the IHG Brands and Holiday Inn Express.
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The overall experience was okay. Modern, clean it has that going for it.

Location is a little off the highway, it was quiet and that's a good thing.

There are alot better options in the neighborhood. For 50$ less you could stay at the nearby candlewood suites and its simply better, in my opinion.

The gym has some free weights along with the usual cardio machines. Thats great.

However, you won't want to stay in there for long. The gym was hot and airless. Dallas is still really hot outside and it was a drag to workout in that room. Asked the staff for help, it didn't get any better.

I usually like the HIE breakfast. The reconstituted(?) eggs were so bad, the worst I have can ever remember being served, anywhere. The other food was okay. It makes me wonder what the staff is thinking, because anyone who prepared that could see it was a Problem, but served it anyway.

Overall it's not bad, but I don't recommend it because there is ample competition with better and cheaper accommodation.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, TX, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear the8thdog,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night for Giants/Cowboys game. We wanted to be near the stadium which is 1.8 miles to the door of A&T Stadium - very walkable about 1/2 hour walk. Some of the parking lots at the various businesses up to the Rangers stadium charge anywhere from $10-$30- any closer than its over $40. Wife dropped us off near stadium but my daughter & I decided to walk back at night & it wasn't that bad. Parking near stadium nearly impossible to get out & the Walmart lot across from stadium is a zoo.

Anyways this Holiday Inn Express was an interesting layout. It looked worse outside than inside. We had 2nd floor room - relatively roomy double bed & clean. Only thing was the hallways were very hot but room temp was fine. Sarah at the desk was very nice & seemed like a hard worker. The cleaning ladies knocked on our door 30 min after check in asking us if we needed towels which I thought was strange but they were nice. The breakfast at the Express's seem to get worse the more stay so coffee was all I had which was fine. Definitely does not cone close to an Embassy Suite omelette cook to order. Overall this was better than some of the negative reviews but for $200 a night it was by the most I have spent for a HI Express. Then again I Used to have over a million priority points and I used the reward nights at the Intercon Hotels. Next time in town for the game I may try the regular Holiday Inn on the north end of I30 which would actually be a shorter walk to the stadium. In short -good location for AT&T Stadium or Rangers - not a bad stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I'm glad to see you had a comfortable room ..... I truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.
Richmond, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

No complaints. Everything from the first welcoming hello...to the express check out statement 3 days later was as close to perfect as one could expect from a busy urban hotel. The location does not get better for convenience. Many popular restaurants, fast food establishments, shops & department stores. Even with tempatures over 100 degrees our room was cool and comfortable. Also note, that there is a placard inside the restroom door of the room; urging any and a complaints to be forwarded to the management/owner. The breakfast was the usual HIE fare. I had breakfast twice...each day the food items were fresh. No, it is not the same as breakfast at Le Peep. If you are looking for a breakfast experience there are always the 4 & 5 star hotels that charge $20 for a roll, coffee & juice.

Room Tip: We had a rear 1st level room and was pleased to be able to keep the drapes open without compromising...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind statements about the staff and the hotel. I will pass this information on to them as well as make sure we continue to deliver great service guests love
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I must say that I was very disappointed with my recent visit. The staff was friendly, but the rooms were too small, and cluttered. They seemed more like dorm rooms instead of nice hotel rooms. Everything seems just too cluttered. The complimentary breakfast is not very good whatsoever. They also laid out some snacks in the late afternoon, this consisteded of meatballs in a tray and two liters of soda. I feel that a hotel like the Holiday Inn should have a little more class.

• Stayed August 2013
Rachel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, TX, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your previous stay. We apologize that it did not meet your expectations. We promise this isn't the typical experience, however, we can certainly understand your disappointment and frustration. We will bring this to the attention of our front desk staff to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. Once again thank you sharing your thoughts and concerns with us and we are deeply sorry that your stay didn't go as expected.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Arlington, TX? Share your experiences!