“Overall Positive experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
Flint, Michigan
“Overall Positive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

After reviewing hotel locations close to ATT Stadium on a map I chose this place because of location. I thought it was well within walking distance as I was there to attend the rodeo on 3-1-14 and hoped to be close enough. As most hotels in the area were full I booked a room. I had not reviewed Trip Advisor as I normally would so I didn't see reviews until after I booked the room. I had never been to this area so I arrived early before the crowds to familiarize myself with it. When I located the hotel I didn't think it was close enough to walk especially on an unusually warm day in the eighties. I went in and looked around and yes it was under renovation. I left to consider my options and decided I didn't want to stay there as my rationale for spending $100 on the room was that I was going to save $35.00 on parking at the stadium. When I called to cancel I was put on hold. I just looked at my cell phone call info. and the duration before I hung up was 18 min. and 45 seconds and started at 3:50 p.m. I waited awhile and called back to cancel and when I did I was told they would not cancel a reservation after 4:00 p.m. and if I didn't show up my credit card would be billed. The rodeo didn't get over until 10:30 p.m. so I returned to check in. At that time the desk personnel were very friendly and personable. It was after 11: p.m. by the time I settled in my room at which time I discovered there was no remote for the t.v. It was very busy as all of the rodeo fans were arriving so I went to the front desk to inquire about a remote. There was a new clerk and he said if he did not have one but if there were any rooms not occupied he would get one from there. A short time later he informed me all rooms were occupied and he apologized for the inconvenience caused. Other than that the room was good. The bed was very comfortable. Because of the work going on and the number of guests there breakfast in the morning was a bit hectic but I will say the woman servicing that area did a great job in keeping all of the numerous items filled and I was actually surprised with selection. From hard boiled eggs to sausage biscuits, juice, bagels, cereal it was good. I would definitely stay there again if for no other reason the staff was very nice to me under the circumstances and I am sure the cancellation issue was purely a corporate policy thing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lori A, General Manager at Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to just take the time out of my day to Thank you for your feedback when staying here with us just recently. I am glad you will be coming and staying with us again. I do want to also apologize for your reservation mistake there is actually a cancellation policy that we have to up hold here at the Sleep Inn when special events are in town. The lastest to cancel a reservation is before 4pm on the day of the arrival. Front desk actually has no authority to override such cancellation policies, but I am please to also hear my staff up held the superior customer service we strive for. If for any reasons you need to contact me so I am able to further assit you I am in office Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm and would be happy to help you out in any way possible. I am also glad to hear your stay was comfortable and your overall experience was a good one. Just one request if you are ever in the Arlington area again and you stay with us I would love to meet with you so this way you can put a name with a face and I am able to get better aquainted with my guest. Myself and my staff have a Motto for Sleep Inn and that is "EVERY GUEST LEAVES AS A FRIEND" and we would love to get you as a guest in on our motto. Once again Thank you for your feedback it is very valuable to us here at the Sleep Inn.
Lori Alfaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Overall, this is a very nice Sleep Inn. When we arrived, the check-in process was very fast, and the lady at the front desk was very nice. The room was comfortable and clean, and a decent size. There was a fridge/freezer, and a nice flatscreen television which worked great.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the location is fantastic (across the street from Six Flags, easy access to AT&T (Cowboys) stadium or the Texas Rangers' baseball field, etc.). The prices are great and it's a very good value.

When we woke up in the morning, the breakfast was decent (a fairly typical Sleep Inn/Quality Inn breakfast, with good quality food). The front desk staff took time out to give us tips and directions for things to do during terrible weather (temperatures below freezing and snow!!) in Arlington, which was greatly appreciated.

The only issue was that the hotel is currently being renovated, and thus the eating area for breakfast is very small, other parts of the hotel (e.g. exercise facility) are closed and there are plastic cover sheets over the outside of the windows. However, I do think they'll be finished with this in the near future. If it wasn't for the renovations going on currently, I'd give this hotel a 5/5 - and I'm sure it'll be a 5/5 facility once the renovations are complete.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay near AT&T Stadium or Six Flags. If you bring your own vehicle, make sure you register the license plate and get a placard, or it may get towed (I guess they have problems with people parking to go to Six Flags).

Pros: Excellent staff, clean facility, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, great location.
Cons: Currently under renovations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We visited the Sleep Inn Maingate in November when visiting Arlington for a college football game at AT&T stadium. The rates are very affordable for the area, and the room we had was very comfortable, but cozy. The hotel is located just across the street from the six flags park, and a relatively short walk to the Rangers ballpark and AT&T stadium. The morning breakfast features some hot items including a waffle maker, and was more than adequate. Be sure to put a parking sticker on your car as they do have to tow people looking for free parking to get to the parks, but we had no problems with that.

Room Tip: We did not notice any bad spots - go with your normal preferences.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nelson, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the least expensive hotels we stayed in on our two week tour but of a high standard. In a good location and with a sports bar just across the parking lot. Angel on the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was a bit disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori A, General Manager at Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Good Morning Dave,
I am writing you to tell you I am so glad to hear how my F/D Agent Angel made your stay here with us a great one. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and would love to see you back whenever you are in town again. You have a wonderful day and weekend.
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Needed to stay in Arlington for a night..... choice hotels, sleep inn, excellent chain, very consistent, sleep inns are always nice, affordable, and this hotel was very nice, morning breakfast, free parking and free internet

Room Tip: no hotel shuttle, most hotels in this area, you will need a vehicle
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Good Morning Ken,
I am responding to your recent stay here with us. I am so glad you took the time out of your day to put excellent reviews for my property we here @ Sleep inn strive to give the best experience we can give to our guest.Sometimes we are not able to satisfy all guest as we expect to but I am glad we did for you.First of all I want to thank you and say I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I do hope in the future you will come back and see us here @ the sleep inn so we are able to wow you yet again. You have a wonderful day & weekend.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

OK hotel but the location makes up for any short comings. Near. Flags, stadium, convention center, etc. Staff really great, especially the manager. Rooms are small in the Sleep Inn no frills style. But hotel would be one we would stay at again.

• Stayed September 2013
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was travelling with a group of college students and stayed at this location on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend. The place was completely full - lots of folks in town like we were, for a private party at Six Flags. Others were in town for the big football game at the Cowboys place.

I must be honest, I was little nervous after reading some of the reviews. My fears have been erased. The folks at the front desk were quick to chekc us in and accomodating with the extra items we needed. The room was nice - and about right for the price range. The location was perfect for baseball or the amusement park. I would not hesitate to stay again.

The only issue I saw was the incredible amount of people trying to eat breakfast at the same time. That's not the fault of the hotel. As a matter of fact, that just means they had a very good weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags? Share your experiences!