After reviewing hotel locations close to ATT Stadium on a map I chose this place because of location. I thought it was well within walking distance as I was there to attend the rodeo on 3-1-14 and hoped to be close enough. As most hotels in the area were full I booked a room. I had not reviewed Trip Advisor as I normally would so I didn't see reviews until after I booked the room. I had never been to this area so I arrived early before the crowds to familiarize myself with it. When I located the hotel I didn't think it was close enough to walk especially on an unusually warm day in the eighties. I went in and looked around and yes it was under renovation. I left to consider my options and decided I didn't want to stay there as my rationale for spending $100 on the room was that I was going to save $35.00 on parking at the stadium. When I called to cancel I was put on hold. I just looked at my cell phone call info. and the duration before I hung up was 18 min. and 45 seconds and started at 3:50 p.m. I waited awhile and called back to cancel and when I did I was told they would not cancel a reservation after 4:00 p.m. and if I didn't show up my credit card would be billed. The rodeo didn't get over until 10:30 p.m. so I returned to check in. At that time the desk personnel were very friendly and personable. It was after 11: p.m. by the time I settled in my room at which time I discovered there was no remote for the t.v. It was very busy as all of the rodeo fans were arriving so I went to the front desk to inquire about a remote. There was a new clerk and he said if he did not have one but if there were any rooms not occupied he would get one from there. A short time later he informed me all rooms were occupied and he apologized for the inconvenience caused. Other than that the room was good. The bed was very comfortable. Because of the work going on and the number of guests there breakfast in the morning was a bit hectic but I will say the woman servicing that area did a great job in keeping all of the numerous items filled and I was actually surprised with selection. From hard boiled eggs to sausage biscuits, juice, bagels, cereal it was good. I would definitely stay there again if for no other reason the staff was very nice to me under the circumstances and I am sure the cancellation issue was purely a corporate policy thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walking Distance to Six Flags Over Texas. We are also right around the corner from Dallas Cowboy Stadium & Texas Ranger Stadium. Humperdinks Resturant right next door & on Dallas Cowboy & Texas Rangers Games they provide shuttle services to & from the game for a charge of $10 per person.Near Arlington Convention Center,We are also located 15min from the Six Flags Mall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags Hotel Arlington
- Sleep Inn Maingate 6 Flags
- Sleep Inn Arlington
- Arlington Sleep Inn