“Nice hotel, currently under renovations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Calgary, Canada
“Nice hotel, currently under renovations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Overall, this is a very nice Sleep Inn. When we arrived, the check-in process was very fast, and the lady at the front desk was very nice. The room was comfortable and clean, and a decent size. There was a fridge/freezer, and a nice flatscreen television which worked great.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the location is fantastic (across the street from Six Flags, easy access to AT&T (Cowboys) stadium or the Texas Rangers' baseball field, etc.). The prices are great and it's a very good value.

When we woke up in the morning, the breakfast was decent (a fairly typical Sleep Inn/Quality Inn breakfast, with good quality food). The front desk staff took time out to give us tips and directions for things to do during terrible weather (temperatures below freezing and snow!!) in Arlington, which was greatly appreciated.

The only issue was that the hotel is currently being renovated, and thus the eating area for breakfast is very small, other parts of the hotel (e.g. exercise facility) are closed and there are plastic cover sheets over the outside of the windows. However, I do think they'll be finished with this in the near future. If it wasn't for the renovations going on currently, I'd give this hotel a 5/5 - and I'm sure it'll be a 5/5 facility once the renovations are complete.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay near AT&T Stadium or Six Flags. If you bring your own vehicle, make sure you register the license plate and get a placard, or it may get towed (I guess they have problems with people parking to go to Six Flags).

Pros: Excellent staff, clean facility, comfortable rooms, good breakfast, great location.
Cons: Currently under renovations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We visited the Sleep Inn Maingate in November when visiting Arlington for a college football game at AT&T stadium. The rates are very affordable for the area, and the room we had was very comfortable, but cozy. The hotel is located just across the street from the six flags park, and a relatively short walk to the Rangers ballpark and AT&T stadium. The morning breakfast features some hot items including a waffle maker, and was more than adequate. Be sure to put a parking sticker on your car as they do have to tow people looking for free parking to get to the parks, but we had no problems with that.

Room Tip: We did not notice any bad spots - go with your normal preferences.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nelson, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the least expensive hotels we stayed in on our two week tour but of a high standard. In a good location and with a sports bar just across the parking lot. Angel on the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was a bit disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori A, General Manager at Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Good Morning Dave,
I am writing you to tell you I am so glad to hear how my F/D Agent Angel made your stay here with us a great one. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and would love to see you back whenever you are in town again. You have a wonderful day and weekend.
Lori Alfaro
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Needed to stay in Arlington for a night..... choice hotels, sleep inn, excellent chain, very consistent, sleep inns are always nice, affordable, and this hotel was very nice, morning breakfast, free parking and free internet

Room Tip: no hotel shuttle, most hotels in this area, you will need a vehicle
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Good Morning Ken,
I am responding to your recent stay here with us. I am so glad you took the time out of your day to put excellent reviews for my property we here @ Sleep inn strive to give the best experience we can give to our guest.Sometimes we are not able to satisfy all guest as we expect to but I am glad we did for you.First of all I want to thank you and say I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I do hope in the future you will come back and see us here @ the sleep inn so we are able to wow you yet again. You have a wonderful day & weekend.
Lori Alfaro
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

OK hotel but the location makes up for any short comings. Near. Flags, stadium, convention center, etc. Staff really great, especially the manager. Rooms are small in the Sleep Inn no frills style. But hotel would be one we would stay at again.

• Stayed September 2013
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was travelling with a group of college students and stayed at this location on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend. The place was completely full - lots of folks in town like we were, for a private party at Six Flags. Others were in town for the big football game at the Cowboys place.

I must be honest, I was little nervous after reading some of the reviews. My fears have been erased. The folks at the front desk were quick to chekc us in and accomodating with the extra items we needed. The room was nice - and about right for the price range. The location was perfect for baseball or the amusement park. I would not hesitate to stay again.

The only issue I saw was the incredible amount of people trying to eat breakfast at the same time. That's not the fault of the hotel. As a matter of fact, that just means they had a very good weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've reviewed this hotel before and I gave it 5 stars 2 years ago. I've stayed there at least a dozen times since my last review (mostly for Rangers games) and until my most recent stay from 8/31/2013 to 9/2/2013 I would have stood behind my review. The reason I have went to 3 stars is mainly due to some small changes in the way the staff treats you. In the past there as always someone at the front desk to greet you, now that person is sitting in a chair in the lobby playing on her phone and not paying attention to guests. The floor in the elevators was always clean in the past and this time had dirt and trash in it every time I rode in it. They did not clean our room, bring fresh towels, or make the bed Sunday morning, granted we stay in the room until 10:30, they were still cleaning rooms on our floor. The last thing is both positive and negative in a way, the A/C didn't work when we got there and it was apparent that someone (my guess housekeeping) had pulled the chair over to prop the door open which makes me think that at least the maid knew it wasn't working, however I called the front desk and she said the maintenance man would be back in 15 to 20 min. He was there in about 40 min, which is still faster than I expected and within 20 min. they had put in a new A/C. I guess the hotel overall kind of let me down as I expected the same great service and friendliness as I have come accustomed to and it was lacking this trip. We'll give it another shot come next Baseball season and if it comes up short again we'll have to find another place.

Note: I had made a reservation at another hotel because this one was full, when a room opened up I canceled at that hotel and told him that I always stay at the Sleep Inn and it wasn't anything against his hotel, he then told me that the Sleep Inn was under new management. I don't know if it is or not, but after last weekend I kind of believe it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags? Share your experiences!