“Don't Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Don't Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Will never stay at this hotel again. There in same room 7/16-18/12 and 7/23-24/12 (checked out early because shower broken (told that was because the room is handicapped - I'm partially blind in one eye & have had a heart attack); bed spread sticky; bathroom floor not clean; 10 messages from days between stays not deleted; ice bucket never cleaned (finger prints all over it & water in it); no cups for coffee; clerk extremely rude to me & other customers; told I could not pay for guest who was having problems checking in (she had been on non-stop flight from Sweden); clerk totally inappropriately dressed! I work for the United Auto Workers representing General Motors and believe me when I say I am going to tell everyone I know not to stay there - EVER! Don't know what ya'll have done since the first of the year but you are definitely going to be losing customers. I stay in hotels a lot and I will not be staying there and will probably sever my relationship with Choice Hotels period.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
frost ,tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

this sleep in was close to major attractionsin the area . the breakfast was very poor when compared to other sleep inns and the tv's were circa 1980's at best . Overall it was clean an the staff friendly. Come on guys upgrade the tvs and the breakfast

Room Tip: make sure you ask for newer tv they do have some rooms with flat screens , or you may be disapointed
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lago Vista, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is a good location near everything in Arlington both stadiums with trolley service, walk to Six Flags. Good restaurant next door. Rooms are average, everything is dated, TV's are old and not for those with bad eyesight. Breakfast is just below average but Denny's is close by along with a lot of fast food places. The staff is good management seems to be lacking though, always out of something. Check in early the late night auditor seems to wish he was someplace else and why are you bothering him. There not many pluses for staying here other than the location, I think they know this and are not too concerned about generating return business.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We truly appreciate any feedback as it allows us to become better hosts for our future guests.

We are also very excited about our prime location in Arlington by Six Flags, the Ballpark, and Cowboy's stadium.

I am sorry that our service at the hotel wasn't what you expected. We strive to satisfy our guests 100% so feel confident that the issues you addressed on this review will be addressed.

Thanks again for the useful feedback!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This Sleep Inn was pretty standard fare for Sleep Inn. Clean, good breakfast and it was close to both Six Flags and Arlington stadium.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
abilene tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Secure, safe, feeling. Close to attractions. Clean, friendly service. Breakfast lacked choices and quanity. Will make this our Arlington place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thomas, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed the last weekend in August, I was in town for a bachelor party and went down a day early to catch the Rangers game. I will admit other than sleeping and showering I was not at the hotel that much. At check in the front desk personnel was very friendly and it was a quick check in. My room was very clean and well arranged. The room I was in had a shower with no tub, that was fine for me but if you have kids it could be a turn off. It is in walking distance to the ballpark, I walked there and back and felt safe and no one messed with me. Humperdink's is next door, it's a great sports bar and restaurant and is just a walk across the parking lot. I was not up early enough to catch breakfast, however it did smell very good. This hotel may not have the bells and whistles of a Sheraton for example, but for $60 you can't beat it. It's clean and has everything you'd need for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at Sleep Inn Maingate. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next visit to Arlington, we hope that you stay with us again to experience our clean, comfortable accomodations and enjoy our free deluxe continental breakfast on your next trip.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

The front desk experience at check-in and calls to facility were well handled. The beds and rooms are aged. The mattresses, pillows and bedding fabrics are really poor. The shower needed a fixture adjustment because the cold water out of the sink was cooler than the cold out of the shower. I called for service. The maintenance man would only tell me to just "crack it" and that is the cold. I told him it needs a fixture adjustment, or replacement. I asked him to feel the temp of the water out of the sink. He would not. He told me he knew how it was, but would not trouble himself to test it as I asked. The fixture was now installed at 180 deg inverted, to get more life out of it. The serviceman was worthless with such a poor attitude. This is no doubt the management attitude also. I know the water is not going to be super cold, but this is due to the fixtures being worn out like the rest of items mentioned. I paid 140 per night due to Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
754gm_arlington, General Manager at Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
We sincerely apologize that you feel that our maintenance staff was not helpful and that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Sleep Inn Maingate. We are committed to your satisfaction in order to resolve any issues that arise. We have front desk and management staff ready to assist you with any issue not handled to your satisfaction 24 hours day. Please know that it is our goal to ensure all of our guests are satisfied and enjoy a clean, comfortable stay with us.

Been to Sleep Inn Maingate Six Flags? Share your experiences!