“Great business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Arlington
“Great business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel, although dated on the outside, is a great business hotel. The rooms were quiet and clean while spacious enough not to feel clausterphobic during a 3 night stay. This is a great location for games and Six Flags vacations as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Killeen, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Despite the contstuction directly in front of the hotel this was an awesome hotel choice. We attended the Cowboys game and only stayed one night. I noticed that many hotel guests were walking to the stadium but for me (FEMALE) it was too far for me to walk so we drove.

The staff was extremely friendly and they had hot breakfast (eggs, sausage oatmeal) for all the guests. For the price and location we will be booking this hotel for future stays.

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Galveston Island, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Staff is very friendly I commend Springhill Suites in hiring employees with a great customer service attitude. The complaint I have is the entire property itself. It is old inside and out, very outdated. i questioned myself if I am in a Marriott property because of the old lobby entrance door, the lobby, and elevator. it could have been better since the entire property is clean! I hope they will renovate this hotel soon. Until then, I will stay at a different Marriott property around the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christian L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Arlington, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback you gave us.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the service our team provided you during your stay. We strive for all of our guests comfort and satisfaction and your loyalty is very important to us. I invite you to stay with us in your future travels to Arlington, TX.

We look forward to serving you again in the future. If I can do anything for you please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Christian L.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My father, my sister and myself were in town for a weekend of baseball. We wanted a hotel with good location to the Ballpark at Arlington, a room with 3 beds (2 and a sleeper sofa), and a fair price. Spring Hill Suites delivered on all of the above. Not only did it deliver on all of that, but the rooms were very clean and the staff was excellent! If we make the trip back to Arlington next year from Ohio I know where we will be staying.

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We were moved from Another hotel to this one. The room was ok but there were a lot of sharp angles and corners and wasted space. Mounting the ONE tv on a wall would free up some space. We had a King Suite with a foldout queen bed. In the morning we would fold up the couch/ bed so that we could get around in the room. In the evening when we returned the couch chousins and pillows would still be in stacks in the floor where we left them! I couldn't understand why housekeeping wouldn't put the couch back together, or empty and replace the bag in the ice container, or put the trash cans back where they belong. None of these things required housekeeping to touch a guests personal belongings. It would have been nice if once in 7 days we could have walked back into a put together room. Also one day I accidentally left my flat iron plugged in and on, when I returned after 10hrs the room had been "serviced" but the flatiron was still on. ( isn't that a safety issue?)

• Stayed July 2013
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our 3 night stay! Only a couple of issues with our room that were handled VERY promptly. Spacious rooms.

Loved the convenience of being able to walk across the street to Hurricane Harbor.
Our family also rode the shuttle to Six Flags. The shuttle was convenient, air conditioned, and the drivers were very friendly.

SpringHill Suites is also close to many nice restaurants. Maybe next time we'll take advantage of their room service.

Every morning we enjoyed our fantastic breakfast buffet (something a little different each day). Everything we tried was hot and fresh. The breakfast staff were VERY friendly and helpful!
Go early during the weekday Manager's Special (5:30pm to 7pm).

The hotel needs to update their washer and dryer. They could also use an extra washer/dryer set to handle many guests.

If you enjoy relaxing in a hot tub, call before you arrive. The hot tub was not working during our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were very happy with this SpringHill Suites. The check in was great as the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. She voluntarily gave us a room at the end of the hall as there were several kids groups there and she did not want us near the elevator. That was the first indication of excellent service! This hotel is located very close to a Saltgrass Steakhouse, Steak and Shake Restaurant, and a few more. The hotel has a van that will take you to these locations. There are certain hours for this service so you need to check on this when you get there. There is also a shuttle stop for Six Flags as it is across the street. The hotel rooms are very clean. The room we were in had a very good design. The bath tub and toilet were in a separate room from the vanity sink and mirror. The vanity is small but I feel the other positives make up for this. There was a microwave, small sink and small fridge in the kitchen area. The way the room was designed, if I was in the vanity area getting dressed and my husband was in the living room area he could not hear me talking to him. The only thing that could have been improved was the TV. It is situated between the living room and the bedroom area. It is an awkward spot although I'm not sure how they could improve it. If you want this room layout ask for a room at the end of the hall. The air conditioner was wonderful! Although the hotel was full of groups of kids the 4 days we were there, we had no problems with noise. We did not eat the breakfast. The staff was so nice and helpful we felt welcome at this hotel. It was a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway for a better layout and less noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!