“Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2420 E. Lamar Blvd., Arlington, TX 76006-7502 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Dallas - Arlington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #50 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here on my trip to Arlington/Dallas to attend a Cowboys game. The hotel is very close the Cowboys Stadium, Rangers Ballpark and Six Flags. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is perfect if you dont need bells and whistles. Simple and plan, whichis all I was looking for. Also its situated near several resturants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is "In the Mix" of it all!! Six Flags is just a stones throw away and I can see the "Superman" ride from my window!! The Cowboys Stadium is just around the corner (2 miles away) and THEENNN....The Texas Rangers Stadium is over here too!!! There's plenty of shopping for you to get your snack on before heading to one of the games!! (In Walmart)

The staff here is AWESOME!! They are welcoming and friendly. From the time I checked in (late July) they have gone above and beyond to be sure that I am happy! (Who doesn't like that?) If I forget to pick up my mail or have a package, they will give me a courtesy call. Since I am here to stay for at least 6 months, I had to find a place I could call "home" and I've found it here!!

There are some "perks" that come with staying here as well. The housekeeping staff is friendly too! If you wish, you can have someone come "tidy up" your room if you stay for a certain amount of time - AWESOMMME!!! The maintenance staff is GREAT!! I put in a request about my stove, and he was here the next day...(I'm not a cooker so I wasn't rushed).

The rooms are a bit "dated" but that has nothing to do with the quality of service I've received here. We did get new flatscreen LG tv's during my stay already!!! Can't wait to see what else they have in store!! :o)

Room Tip: The rooms near the courtyard have a view of the pool. Sometimes there is a party, but hey...it'...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags, responded to this review, September 7, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we are so excited that you will continue to be staying with us. The location is great, Six Flags is a definite plus, which hopefully will make your stay even better. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand location.
Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I made a reservation in February for a date in September. I got a call 3 days before my event saying they allowed current guests to extend their stay and they do not have a room for me or I could stay 15- 20 miles away at another property. They said that this group paid a higher rate than what I booked so they kicked me out of my reservation. Their desk staff is horrible- I called the night I got their message and they said I had to call back in the morning and where completely unprofessional

Don’t let this happen to you and book somewhere else who care and know how to run a property

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. The staff and I pride ourselves on providing great service and being able to accommodate all of our guests, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is rare, but there are times when the hotel does get oversold. For that reason, we partner with other company properties, guaranteeing you will have a great night to stay even if it cannot be with us. Since this was not a right option for you, I am very sorry that we were not able to 100% satisfy you. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Let me apologize again that you were not completely satisfied, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Midland, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

At first there was a problem because Expedia booked me wrong However Claude fixed it Emediatly. Claude also assisted us with where to eat & how to get places the easiest way. The evening manager Robert was very helpful also with directions & other information. The Graveyard Manager (cant spell his name) was also very helpfull with my adult children & assisted them in early morning. The Hotel was clean, great atmosphere, respectfull & very acomadating Staff, pool very relaxing, laundry service for guests & a exercise room! It saved alot of $$ bringing our food & drinks with kids you always need something the full Kitchen was marvelous & alot of help!

Room Tip: Just talk to either one of the Managers they are very acomadating & knowledgable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Junction, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is not a totally bad hotel and very convenient to Six Flags and Ranger Stadium, but it is an extended-stay type of place, and is in need of upgrades and repairs. There is no registration desk, no room service, nothing like you expect a regular hotel to have. There were a lot of workers from Six Flags staying at this property, and so it was a very young crowd that really doesn't take good care of their rooms. The rooms were in need of updating and had very old furniture, beds, etc. A/C worked well and looked like it had been renovated. We had arranged for a party of four ahead of time and had to ask for more towels - there were only three when we got there. Not a great location and I was glad we didn't plan to stay in our room much. I would select something else if going back to the amusement park or the ballpark. The photos shown of the hotel are accurate, except they were probably taken many, many years ago...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Dallas - Arlington. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Whitesboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The fire alarm went off at 5:00 am. The only staff available was non-English speaking. As we peered out into the hallway and noticed water coming out of the ceiling through a light fixture, the staffer said "otro puerto" (other door). Apparently this alarm went off previously in the week at 3:00 am. The fire department was in no hurry to get there and, in fact, did not even wear fire protection as they responded to this call.

The description stated there were toiletries. There were not. One tacky little stale bar of soap. When I called to inquire about other toiletries, the only staffer at that point (10:00pm) was non-English speaking and couldn't understand "shampoo." I just hung up. The two small pillows were ineffective as pillows.

Compared in price to several other local motels, I would gladly pay an extra few dollars to have English speaking staff in a safe environment. I was appalled and outraged by the incompetence and lack of interest in the welfare of the customers at this ...place!

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Studio Plus Dallas - Arlington. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like "complimentary" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The manager is very professional, bilingual and all the staff is very friendly and cooperative. We had a church event and we stay on several rooms, housekeeping excellent.

Room Tip: Restaurants next to hotel,and some provide delivery.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus- Arlington. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags? Share your experiences!