“Cowboys & Rangers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Arlington

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Arlington to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Arlington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2380 East Road To Six Flags Street, Arlington, TX 76011 (Formerly AmeriSuites Dallas Arlington)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #21 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Bayside, New York
“Cowboys & Rangers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is reasonably priced and within 2 miles of both the Dallas Cowboy & Texas Ranger parks, as well as walking a few blocks to Six Flags!
We were a group of 30 guys there to see the NY Giants play the Cowboys...AT&T park is a fantastic venue by the way!!! Much nicer than MetLife Stadium. Dallas fans were GREAT to us Giants fans!!!
The hotel pool remained refreshing...even though the weather was mi 90's for over a week.
Room was comfortable enough to accommodate 3 adults...nice flat screen TV...desk...WiFi...water pressure...very clean!!!
The staff was exceptional...always willing to help.
I had forgotten to take my power cord for my laptop when I checked out, I called the front desk from the airport...VERONICA SERVANTES at the front desk secured my power cord and had it shipped to me in NY...Excellent service!!!
Thanks again VERONICA!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HyattPlaceAL, General Manager at Hyatt Place Arlington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place-Dallas/Arlignton for your hotel needs. Your feeback is very important as it helps me better train hotel staff. In first Qtr2014 hotel will be going through another remodel , with new rooms and lobby.

Regards

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best front desk help I've seen in a long time! My kids love the pullout couch and living area. I liked being near the "sites." They have a shuttle to local places as well. Only one "complaint" - very minor- the steel cut oats weren't! They were just regular but breakfast was good anyway. Thanks for a great stay. Will do it again when we can.

• Stayed August 2013
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

A year ago I stayed here and thought it was wonderful. One year later, I stayed at this Hyatt Place again and was a little disappointed. The room was not as clean as it had been in the past and the roomed smelled very musty. Air conditioner worked great but one of the elevators was out of service which caused issues for people trying to get downstairs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Larry M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Arlington, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I am sorry to hear of your recent experience. At Hyatt we take each comment to heart and want to do what we can to make your stay pleasurable. We not only want to meet your expectations we want to exceed them. I do apologize for the elevator being out of commission during your recent visit. We contacted the service provider immediately to rectify the elevator and have it back in working order as quickly as possible so that our guests would not be inconvenienced. As for the musty order we would gladly would have moved you to another room so that we could have treated the room with an ionizer as well as air freshener. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to earn your trust in the future as we value your patronage. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us personally if we may be of any assistance to you.
Sidney, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The rooms are large and very nice, and AC is great (outside 103F, room nice 70F, elevators ~85F) but housekeeping was poor/inconsistent.

First day did not clean shower/bathroom, remove dirty laundry, or dirty bar glasses.
Second day vast improvement in cleaning, left clean bar glasses BUT took(stole) my two 'personal' Tupperware mocha-coffee containers, immediately informed management but to no avail. Since in two days, two different cleanliness standards observed the housekeeping supervisor needs to make more quality checks and/or improve training! Was not impressed with managements non-resolution of my losses.

The bar was good, the food was fair but too small a menu, the front desk staff very attentive.
Big screen TV - grainy channels, remote some dead buttons, no channel selection guide, no on-screen info, refrigerator only cooled to ~40F, got scalded in shower due to varying cold water supply to the 5th floor. Weird toilet placement - tight to shower doors, like they wanted to make it a handicapped room and didn't, offsetting the toilet position. Ice machines hard to find.

I'd stay again but next time I'll put all my personal items in my luggage when leaving for the day. Also biggest issue I had was their non-standard airport shuttle schedule making me sit in +100F for +hour waiting.

Room Tip: "Call" Hyatt ASAP if you want their shuttle or wait forever, they claim to sweep DFW every...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
West Covina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Overall satisfied, I travel to Texas once a year and always stay at the Hyatt Place, I love the free breakfast and the free WiFi. The service is very good and staff is very friendly I recommend the hotel but do not expect 5 star quality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
atlanta ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Chose this hotel so spouse could get points. Hallways and lobby smell like mildew. Room was fine then realized toilet wasn't anchored completely. Told front staff then went to dinner. Came back and told would ave to switch rooms. We have serious allergies so reiterated needed clean room. Sent me to one down hall where a/c was busted so made weird, loud noise. sent to and Switched to 602. Smelled somewhat perfumey like cleaner. After 10 pm with child so told front desk would give try. Been in here for a little over an hour, headache and massively nauseous. Wouldn't stay again. Front staff are very nice but that doesn't help a lot when rooms make you physically ill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pflugerville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pros: down the street from Six Flags, good location spot, the room decor was nice, i had two doubles and sofa bed which was great with a family of 5, breakfast included was very good. Staff is very nice and worked hard. they give free toothpaste. the water pressure for the shower was excellent. Rates are very affordable.

Cons: they messed up my reservation and first gave me a king bed with a sofa bed, but i had requested is 2 doubles and sofa bed...after 20 minutes, they resolved the issue. The hotel is very small than what the picture shows online. Not happy to be in a cramped hotel. The room was a decent size but the bathroom was so small. Housekeeping NEVER came to clean up my rooms (i had two rooms side by side). After spending the day at Six Flags, we returned to the hotel at 4 to shower and eat dinner, well our rooms still wasnt cleaned and we had no new towels. I saw a housekeeper, who was also approached by 2 other hotel guest for some clean towels and complained their rooms weren't cleaned either. With 4 kids, our trash can filled quickly, we were there for 2 days and housekeeping never came. That upset me the most b/c I ended cleaning up myself, as I hate messy. The lobby is very small, again not impressed, but the decor is very pretty. The gym was very small, but ok it had cardio equipment. The pool was small and was so crowded. No towels left for late swimmers. I didn't like that the pool was on the ground floor side of the hotel. Although there were keys needed to open up the gates to the pool, it's obvious that any stranger can pose as a guest and ask someone to easily open it up. I just feel it's safer if pools were on different floors or behind hotel, that way guest have to walk through inside of hotel. Also, the first floor, which is also the lobby area and pool area, did not smell good. My guess is that the water left from the swimmers on the carpet, dried and has that meldow smell...(like dirty clothes..YUCK). You can smell it in the elevators too. Beds (were not comfortable, too hard), pillows were good.

So basically, you get what you pay for. Prices were decent but I will not stay in a Hyatt ever again. I'm on vacation...c'mon clean up our rooms please.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Arlington? Share your experiences!