“Good choice, many to choose from” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Arlington

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Arlington to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Arlington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2380 East Road To Six Flags Street, Arlington, TX 76011 (Formerly AmeriSuites Dallas Arlington)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #21 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Verdi
“Good choice, many to choose from”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rooms are spacious, service prompt, cleanliness excellent. Breakfast is more than the "usual" with several good choices. Only complaint would be slow elevator, but, if you're on vacation, who cares?!!?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Larry M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Arlington, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We at the Hyatt Place stive not only to meet your expectations but Exceed them. On behalf of the Staff and Management we value your input and hope you will consider us your PLACE again at Hyatt Place Dallas/Arlington

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had an event close to this hotel & it is in a good location. Very close to Six Flags, Cowboys & Rangers Stadiums. If I was participating in any of those it would have been a perfect location, although there appear to be nicer places close by as well. Considering its off season for Six Flags & there were no games being played the price we paid was over what I think was fair. Ecspecially because almost noone seemed to be there. The parking lot was fairly empty & I think I saw another guest once in two days. The lobby was somewhat dark, not dirty, but somewhat disorganized, chairs out of place, a trash can knocked over by the elevators. The room was very clean & comfortable. All Hyatt places I have stayed have the same layout, fairly small for a suite. There is basically just a screen seperating the bed area from the rest of the room. The largest downside was that when we checked out they attempted to charge us the full price even though we paid before hand on a travel site. It was worked out but still not great customer service to mess that up. Overall its an average 3 star hotel, there is nothing wrong with it & it is in a good location for area events. I would still recommend it for that. But there is nothing really great about it for the price we paid either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HyattPlaceAL, Manager at Hyatt Place Arlington, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Texan*2:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your guest experience. I am the New GM at this property and taking every survey with seriousness. Your survey will help me better train my staff. I am hoping to see you in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very impressive staff, nice room, clean, very good value. Nice perks, coffee bar is great. Good parking, convenient. Safe area, trolley stop. Close to stadiums and dining. Really liked the shower instead of tub. Big TV, quiet room. Lobby area inviting, grounds well maintained.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HyattPlaceAL, Manager at Hyatt Place Arlington, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest : I am happy to hear that your stay was a great one. Let me know if we can be of further service in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night for our visit to Six Flags. We were so close to the park and you could see the whole park from our hotel window. We had our 5 kids, ages 18 months-13, and this room was perfect for us. We had the 2 full beds and pull out sofa and it was just enough bed space for all of us. The fridge in our room was very convenient too. The breakfast could have had a little more warm food, but overall for free, it was good. Everything was very clean! Now.... My one complaint was for the last minute of our stay. I was waiting at the counter trying to check out and the guy at the front was busy helping some other people purchase some food. I was being patient and then noticed another worker walk by. The front desk phone started ringing and that is what prompted her to come near me. She answered the phone standing a foot from me and did not even tell the caller to hold. She stood right next to me and continued to help them and avoided eye contact with me. At this point I was pretty annoyed by her rudeness so I just yelled at the man telling him I was leaving my room cards at the desk. We had such a great experience until that horrible customer service. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and hopefully that employee will learn some basic customer service skills in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012
HyattPlaceAL, Manager at Hyatt Place Arlington, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

of course i realised it was a budget hotel, and address indicates proximity to Six Flags, but ...

- unruly children & adolescents everywhere
- in the middle of Arlington, but not a great location
- not that great of a bargain for what it was
- room was quite small

On the positive side, rooms were clean & in decentcondition

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here while visiting Arlington during a baseball tournament my son was playing in, and I'm glad that the tournament organizers recommended this hotel. It's conveniently located, modern, and clean, and we enjoyed our stay here. I have stayed in other Hyatt Place hotels, and this is one of the best.

I had some work from the office to get done while I was here, and I used the hotel's e-room a couple of times early in the morning. The night time staff, Cheryl and Wayne, were extremely helpful and courteous and are fantastic ambassadors for Arlington.....the hotel is located close to Six Flags and the Cowboys/Rangers stadiums.

If you are visiting Arlington, I recommend that you stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were here for a training session and one definite advantage was the location. The training building was across the parking lot which made it easy for us to walk if we wanted.

The staff was nice but I was given wrong information when I called the night before check-in about rate information. Also, the rate we had included tickets for a stadium tour which we never received.

We've stayed at a Hyatt Place before, but I remember it being much more spacious. The halls were somewhat thin, and the rooms were much smaller than I remembered.

For a budget-friendly hotel, this location was fine. However, the price was not budget-friendly in my opinion. I can understand the higher prices being that it is also walking distance from Six Flags... but the park is closed for the season.

Breakfast was actually pretty good (and free). We ordered lunch from the menu and it was pretty good too. This is a good hotel for business trips but I would probably stay elsewhere for vacations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Arlington? Share your experiences!