“Okay hotel, POOR service” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4001 Scots Legacy Drive, Arlington, TX 76015   |
Ranked #10 of 60 hotels in Arlington
Midland, Texas
“Okay hotel, POOR service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We came to town for the Astros/Rangers game. We got a suite so our 1 year old could sleep and we could still stay up and watch TV/hang out. Check in was easy and check out was easy. The breakfast is sparse (I don't stay at LQ for the breakfast, so I didn't even bother going down). The AC unit in the living room area was leaking and the floor was wet around that area. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were very nice. The room was clean, although the room was apparently dated, as the room smelled musty (probably from the leaky AC unit).
My MAJOR complaint comes from the lack of service by the front desk Saturday morning. There were 4 of us (my wife, me and our 2 boys). They took baths Friday night, and when my wife went to take a shower she advised me that we needed another towel as there was only one left (WHY ARE THERE ONLY 3 TOWELS IN A 2 ROOM SUITE???!). So, I called down to the front desk and asked for more towels to be sent up. The lady at the front desk said she couldn't bring any towels because she was the only one there. She said I would need to come and get them. So I got dressed and took my 1 year old down to the front desk. As I got there the lady at the front desk was telling a man in houskeeping to take towels to Room 426 (our room). I told here I was here and would take the towels. I then advised her that I should not have to come down to get towels to take a shower. Hotels are in the SERVICE industry and her being "the only one there" was no excuse. She should have walked away for a few minutes and take the towels up to our room. Then she said she had 2 people she was checking out (she had not told me that on the phone) and that she could not have done it. POOR POOR POOR service. For the price we paid and the service we received we were very disappointed with this hotel. I advised her if I wanted to stay in a motel that did not provide service, I would have spent 50 bucks a night and stayed at Motel 6 instead of 150 a night. I asked her why there were only 3 towels in a suite, and she stated that is what they usually put in there.
Later that night I saw a little card on the desk that I wish I would have kept (or at least took a picture of) that I'm sure was a generic card that they put in all the rooms. It said something to the effect that "we were expecting you and glad you are here and we are here to serve you" (paraphrased) - and I thought, "No you were not expecting us, or you would have known that we needed 4 towels to begin with. Then we would not have had this problem."
We WILL NOT be staying here again! Service is everything in the hotel industry and it was not here...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pitkin, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our stay at the La Quinta Inn was comfortable though we did have a problem with our room lock. The dead bolt was broken on our room door so we asked the front desk to give us another room and they did without any hesitation.. We used the hotel for our trip to Six Flags and it is just across the street for convience and the hotel has free shuttle service as well. I would not recommend this hotel if you are wanting some quiet time because it is very busy this time of the year. The breakfast was very good with a big variety of everything from eggs, fruit, cereal, to biscuts and white gravy. We ordered dinner from the hotel cafeteria, the food was good and at a reasonable price. The rooms are very clean and the service friendly . I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. It seems to be in a good location. The breakfast was good. My only complaint is how dirty the carpet in the room was. If I walked around barefoot my feet would be brown from the dirty carpet. To look at the carpet I didn't see the dirt, but it sure did stick to my feet. In my opinion that seems unsanitary. Other than that this was a nice hotel. These are just my opinions.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Roswell, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed there for a concert with my puppy. It was an excellent place to stay . Did have to wait at first when I got there to check in because desk attendant was talking to someone : not a customer? But over all the stay was great. I was able to take shuttle to concert and they picked me up. There are several good restaurants in area. The hotel is nice and would definitely stay again.
Breakfast was great. They had eggs and waffles, cereals and sausage.
The hotel is easy to drive to off I 30 and I 20. The other hotels near airport are difficult to get to and hard to find.

Room Tip: Any room was ok here no noise I had a room near elevator.